The Hype Mole 3: "If I Could Turn Back Time"

I have the day off tomorrow, so fine by me :up:

That leaves 1 no show on a year so far...and he's being difficult :cmad:

All years are in...results shall be posted momentarily :up:

I'm looking forward to seeing the new year 2000.

The year you were given was done at random. Let's start with the earliest year:

Sports: Man dominated the court and accomplished a feat no one else has ever in the sport, and few people saw it.

-This was Wilt Chamberlain's 100 pt game, which wasn't played in an NBA arena.

Movies: Man defies society in order to help a man whom is blamed for something he definately didn't do.

-This would be Gregory Peck's immortal film, To Kill a Mockingbird

Current Events: Two nations almost go to war over dangerous items found someplace close.

-Nuclear weapons were found off the coast of Cuba during the Cuban Missle Crisis.

Song: Man sings about love he can't stop feeling.

-The song was Ray Charles' "I Can't Stop Loving You"

The year was 1962 and was given to Rocker22. Rocker guessed 1990. You were only off 28 years :o

Next earliest was:

Sports: A fat man's impossible record on the diamond falls.

-Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's home run record.

Movies: Two men are torn between staying at hometown or leaving their hometown for school.

-This would be the plot to American Graffiti

Current events: Unelected man takes high ranking office.

-Gerald Ford becomes Vice President after Nixon's VP resigns over Watergate.

Songs: A man gets out of prison, and hopes his love still wants him.

-The song would be "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Around the Old Oak Tree"

The year was 1973 and was given to The Squirrel. The Squirrel guessed 2000. Your guess was 27 years off, but look at it this way. You still were closer than Rocker :up:

Next one was:

Sports: A newly put together team went up against a notoriously hard foe, whom had crushed them prior to this, in this landmark game in the sports history.

-This would be the US Hockey team's Miracle on Ice victory over Russia.

Movies: In this movie, these two hip brothers go on a quest to save they place they grew up as children.

-The film is The Blues Brothers.

Current Events: Well known entertainer of a past group was shot and killed.

-John Lennon was gunned down :csad:

Song: In this song, problems pile up for a man, forcing him to retreat into himself.

-This would be Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall"

The year was 1980 and was given to SsM. SsM correctly guessed 1980. Bout time someone got it :up:

Let's go with the second most recent:

Sports: With many, many yards to go and time low, a team made their way down field to a score that tied the game, sending game to overtime, where they won in this classic championship game.

-This would be the first infamous AFC Championship between the Cleveland Browns and Denver Broncos, known as The Drive. Damn that Elway and his talent :cmad:

Movies: This guy, whom is ready to quit his job, hooks up with this younger guy at work. The younger guy is haunted by the past. The two of them become friends as they get to know one another through work.

-The film was the revolutionary buddy cop film, Lethal Weapon.

Song: This song chronicles the struggle of people going through hard times, but count on one another to get through the hard times.

-The song is Bon Jovi's famous song, "Livin' on a Prayer"

Current Events: Mass panic ensues due to a crash of epic proportions, which saw the largest crash of it's kind in this single day. No one can figure out why it happened.

-The event was Black Monday, the biggest single day loss in stock market history, and a big mystery as to why it occured.

The year was 1987, and was given to KALEL114. He correctly guessed 1987. Good job :up:

And now the most recent!:

Sports: Disputes lead to cancellation of remaining games, including major annual event.

-This was the MLB strike of 1994, which results in no World Series that year.

Movies: This man goes to a place he shouldn't be, makes friends and earns respect, and eventually has to impossibly will himself out of there.

The film is the modern prison classic, The Shawshank Redemption.

Current events: Woman admits guilt in highly publicized assault on someone.

-Tanya Harding admits her guilt in the assault of figure skater, Nancy Kerrigan.

Songs: Chorus of band's song is so catchy and simple, you can hummm it.

-The hummm is not a typo, it is a clue. Clue to the song by The Crash Test Dummies and their hit "Mmm mmm mmm mmm"

The year was 1994, and was given to Nell2ThaIzzay. He correctly guessed 1994, so good job :up:

SsM, KALEL114, and Nell2ThatIzzay will get their mole clues in a little bit. Rocker22 and The Squirrel get nothing :o

Expect clues and quizzes by this evening :up:

I knew it was Pink Floyd!

Pink Floyd is an awesomeness sandwich :up:

And The Wall is my all time favorite album.

We don't need no education...

I'm going to get some lunch...I'm putting this in my CD player now...It's in my head, and it is awesome :up:

I wished I would've stayed around long enough to play this game... and use the internet.

We don't need no thought control.

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?!

No dark sarcasm in the classroom.

Quizzes are out, but I think I forgot to change the time on it. They are due by 9 tomorrow :up:

Awesome, I got my year correct, even tho I got one of my questions wrong!

I thought the famous "assault" was the Lorena Bobbit case. The incident happened in 1993, but she admitted guilt in 1994.

:wow::wow::wow:

I couldn't figure out the song, though I had suspicions it was Brick in the Wall.

2 more quizzes left...you get them in, and maybe I can boot someone tonight :cmad:

Results time!!!

The Other's next victim is:

The Squirrel!!!

Poor, poor Squirrel. You played a good game, but karma bites you for purposely holding up the round :cmad:

Congrats to the rest of you. You have advanced :up:

Karma shmarma. I was tempted to not even turn in a quiz. :o

You would have left anyway :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back