The Hype TV Club does Archer in April

sabetoonth

Where You Get Those Eyes?
Reaction score
29JKL.jpg

ARCHER[/CENTER]

Any Hype members are welcome to join us in our viewing of these shows.
The Discussion Thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=491461

The only rules are

• Only shows on the list will be selected
  • Only the first season is required for the monthly viewing. If a show has multiple seasons it's up to you if want to continue
  • Each show on the generator has a minimum of 10 episodes per season, if not, we will watch S1&2
  • ALL spoilers must be tagged as such, as none of us have seen these shows before aka don't be a jerk
  • Any posts not following the spoiler rule as subject to Deletion

In this thread we will be talking about our viewing experiences with the show. You all are welcome to join, so we'll talk about what we like and/or dislike about the show we're watching.

Do you want ants? Because that is how you get ants!

What is Archer?
Suave, Sophisticated spy Archer may have the coolest gadgets, but he sill has issues when it comes to dealing with his coworkers and boss, who is also his mother.

ALTERNATE DESCRIPTION(via Reddit user charliemike):
A brilliant, highly-functioning alcoholic spy with debatable autism who, while saddled with oedipal issues and chronic insecurity, tries to save the world with as little interruption to his socializing as possible despite being surrounded by colleagues less intelligent and competent than himself.

Last edited:
Toonth did good. :up:

I remember watching the first episode and really liking it. I just never got around to see the whole show.

Funny enough I've been watching a lot of Bond movies lately. I want to say I'm looking forward to this one, but some of the shows I've mostly looked forward to have sucked. So I'm just going into this giving up hope because dreams are for suckas.

I also saw this described as "Charlie Sheen as James Bond" but found the alt I went with better. I'd be watching now but I'm babysitting a 4 year old

I've seen it (well the 1st couple seasons, anyway), but I may re-watch along just because it's entertaining as hell.

I watched all 6 seasons....in quick succession. It was awesome!

I quote it all the time and my husband just stares at me with a blank look.

We have different tastes.

I'm watching again from the beginning, part way through Skorpio right now.

I think I'm on episode 7... it's pretty good so far, there's maybe a couple episodes where it really stood out and the comedy was on point. Also dat Judy Greer, goddamn... :o

cant wait to start this.

This show is ****ed up. :hehe:

Archer is such a ****ing *******. He gives Homer Simpson and Cartman a run for their money. :lmao:

Almost done with Season 2. Such a reminder why I love this show.

Archer's an idiot, but he gets the job done lol

Almost done with Season 2. Such a reminder why I love this show.

Archer's an idiot, but he gets the job done lol

Don't mess with him going on a rampage.

Finished season 1. Overall I really like the show, but I wish there was more big laughs. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of funny s*** but I feel they were trying many different things as they went along and not all of them hit. But when it does happen, it's hilarious... like the whole Diversity Hire episode.

But yeah, can't wait to check out the rest of the seasons...

Yeah, the first season definitely felt like it was trying to get it's legs under it, but the rest of the seasons, some of the laughs were friggin hysterical.

I dont know what's going on, but on my computer Netflix isn't playing anything now. But I just finished Season 4, Episode 2.

In nearly two weeks I've watched five seasons of this show, and damn if it isn't funny as all hell. I'm glad that we added cartoons to this because it's easier to binge something like this every night when they are only 20 minutes.

Definitely. I just finished it about an hour ago. What the hell are they gonna do next?

what with screwing up their last chance at espionage?

im about halfway through season 2 and i like this show a lot more than i thought i would.

by the end of episode one i literally thought "what the heck am i watching?"

it's pretty funny and some of the jokes are kinda crazy. it's kinda ironic that their organization is called ISIS, or is that based on current conflicts in the world?

I can't figure out who my favorite character is, but i totally enjoy the banter between Pam and Carol/Sheryl/whatever she wants to call herself lol

Archer came before ISIS being called that.

They ditch ISIS later because of the association

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"