The Hype's Official Car Club

Yup....Cudas and Challengers rule. Personally, after I got every singel Cehvy I wanted, I'd have to have me a 1970 Dodge Challenger (white)....the Vanishing Point fanatic in me needs it.

You've already got the one car I lust after in that '69 Camaro SS (though I'd prefer black and chrome with windows tinted down black as night, rather than white). :up:

jag

As for the Ford GT, you can check about any comparison model out there, and they've done this a few times....the ZO6, the Viper, and the GT. Every time they'll tell you that the BEST car for the money is the ZO6. EVERY. TIME.

The GT should handle better, as it is a 200,000 dollar car! Still, it's built for top-end speeds, and it's bottom-end numbers suffer drastically. If you want a car to go 200+ miles per hour, then you'd better own a speedway, as it's the only place you'll ever make it to that speed...and it takes the GT about a half a mile to rach that peak speed!

The Viper is all muscle, but it handles like ass...always has. It's more affordable than the GT, and it has more hp than the Z06, but it doesn't handle near as well as the other two.

The Z06 is the all-around go getter. It handles better, it's the cheapest, and it'll perform both 0-60 and 60-MAX.

I may be a littel biased, as I'm a bow-tie maniac, but the numbers don't lie.

The only thing is that between the Viper and the Z06, the Viper never has been marketed to be a daily driver, ever. I mean when we sold them we gave the owners a booklet with addresses and phone numbers to take f**king classes on how to drive the thing. The Z06 is a lower price and may have the handling but the Z06 is made to appeal to a different market. People see the Z06 as something they could show off and drive to work everyday. Whereas the Viper you take out every once in a while and light the road on fire.

Not to mention: Viper + Hennessey = Satan on Wheels.

004.jpg

The only thing is that between the Viper and the Z06, the Viper never has been marketed to be a daily driver, ever. I mean when we sold them we gave the owners a booklet with addresses and phone numbers to take f**king classes on how to drive the thing. The Z06 is a lower price and may have the handling but the Z06 is made to appeal to a different market. People see the Z06 as something they could show off and drive to work everyday. Whereas the Viper you take out every once in a while and light the road on fire.

Not to mention: Viper + Hennessey = Satan on Wheels.

004.jpg

Too true.

Yeah, as for "bang for the buck", I'd recommend the Corvette, though. Of course, I'm still anxious to see the "Blue Devil" or the "Sting Ray" or whatever they'e calling the upcoming super-vette.

I watched a video of an SRT10 Truck (That's a Pickup with the Viper engine to you normal folks)with the Hennessey conversion on it, the f**king thing jumped into 3rd gear, literally, the thing JUMPED... off the ground. I'll have to find that video again...

Since this is a Car Club... has anyone posted picture of the car that they're driving?

Since this is a Car Club... has anyone posted picture of the car that they're driving?

There have been a few that have. I have yet to post my own because I am driving an "inbetween car" right now as I save up for my next one.

There have been a few that have. I have yet to post my own because I am driving an "inbetween car" right now as I save up for my next one.
I took some pictures when I went to a "car show" last summer. Maybe I can post them?

Of course you can darlin'. Are they the same ones I have?
Which ones did I send you? My Seahawks blue mustang? Or did I also send you other ones? I can't remember.

Shelby.jpg

Batmobile.jpg

2005GT.jpg

88Ferrari.jpg

^These are all my cars. Except they're not.

Can I drive the red one, Bella? :)

jag

Can I drive the red one, Bella? :)

jag
Sure, you can. I'll have to ask the owner for you but I am sure the old man won't mind. :)

This is the car that I drive:

MyMustang.jpg

Dude, that article is about a 99 Camaro. It has 2 sentences about the 09' Camaro. :down:

Double the unconfirmed speculation, double the fun! :up:

Well, it was a slow day, and I had spare time, so I figured specualtion was better than nothing.

Although, I keep envisioning a nice new Z06 engine/transmission in my 69 Camaro....of course, I'd prefer to find a 1969 427 H.O....but who wouldn't?

Not my favorite either. I prefer classic looking cars.

GT40-hicks-nj.jpg

This is what they were trying to do at it's inception, but then they got all kinds of stupid added weight, gutted it, and slapped an absolutely ridiculous price tag on it.

Well, it was a slow day, and I had spare time, so I figured specualtion was better than nothing.

Although, I keep envisioning a nice new Z06 engine/transmission in my 69 Camaro....of course, I'd prefer to find a 1969 427 H.O....but who wouldn't?

This car gives me chills...

1969_427.jpg

This car gives me chills...

1969_427.jpg

What year is that, BRUTHOLE? My pops had a '65 Stingray when he was younger. Bright, candy-apple red with the white panels on the sides. He loved that car. Had to sell it because he needed a family car when I came along. He's pretty certain it showed up at the car museum at Harrah's in Reno, NV. He went in there and they had one that still had some of the little custom things he'd done to his. Such a sweet car.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"