The Dark Knight The Ideal Batman/Superman Sequel Timeline

SeriousDuke

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this for a while. Not very difficult to grasp a hold of the idea... and I'm sure quite a few people may be thinking this way as well. I'm only posting this to see if others agree with me and if they would want the to see the same thing in the future. It starts out with the Batman and Superman NEW film series.

Batman Begins(2005)
Superman Returns(2006)
Batman Begins 2(2008)
Superman Returns 2(2009)
Batman Begins 3(2011)
Superman Returns 3(2012)

And, then three years after these films we get:

Batman vs. Superman(2015)

And, then three years later we get:

JLA(2018)

And, three years after this Bale will be quite old and we get:

Batman Beyond(2021)

Wouldn't that be a cool series of films? I hope they do something like this... and maybe they could throw in a few JLA sequels before moving on to Batman Beyond... then Bale would be really old, to play old Wayne.

Who else would like to see something like this, keeping the same cast as the other films(ie: Bale and Routhe)?

~SD

We've yet to see if SR will warrant a sequel. And if it does flop, then it probably takes the idea of a crossover with it. For 10 years or so anyway.

See, IMO, i want to see more batfilms before a World's Finest movie (not BVS = they shouldnt fight each other). I want to see a Begins 4-5-6 and have them possibly tie in the "No Man's Land" storyline and then have Lex come in and try and overtake the real estate in Gotham (since he's so obsessed with it - especially in the movies) and explain that thats how Bats and Sups team up. I think that really is the best way IMO.

I seriously doubt they make 5 sequels to Begins.

I seriously doubt a Superman/Batman movie. Idea doesn't move me much.

I rather just have a Batman movie.

I would prefer a Dark Knight Returns movie to wrap it all up. The film would of course be strategically released a few years after the final installment of Nolan's series.

Glad to see you folks are collaborating...

And, I only put Batman vs. Superman because that is really the only one in talks. I doubt the new Batman series will get more than 2 sequels. I don't think they want a ton... just round it off as a trilogy.

Yes, yes, yes... a Dark Knight Returns would be truly fascinating... with a late 50's Bale as the bat... then they could do a Batman Beyond after that.

I'm merely thinking out loud, lol.

~SD

No crossovers. Ever. I like Superman okay, but I like Batman much better, and frankly, Batman's world is sort of... unlike Superman's in almost every way. The fact that they exist in the same universe is sort of... a necessary evil. In the films, it doesn't have to ever happen. And it never should.

Just like AVP, a Batman/Superman movie would be a BAD, BAD, HORRIBLY DISASTROUSLY unfortunate thing.

There's simply no way you could realistically plan past 3 sequels.

In that fun fantasy world of imagination however, I would like to see pretty much what you wrote out; S/B film after the trilogies, a JLA film in the distant future, etc.

Keyser Sushi said:
No crossovers. Ever. I like Superman okay, but I like Batman much better, and frankly, Batman's world is sort of... unlike Superman's in almost every way.
...that's the point.
Keyser Sushi said:
The fact that they exist in the same universe is sort of... a necessary evil.
In comics when you see them in the same universe, working together, it honestly seems completely natural. Granted this is the same universe where a bunch of 12 year olds and run around fighting crime, and a magical chimp can become the World's Third Greatest Detective, but that's comics for you.

Obviously, the 12 year olds running around fighting crime and the Detective Chimp would be laughable outside of comics. Probably. But, IMO at least, Superman, while much more of a fantasy than Batman, is not nearly ridicuous enough to not be able to work on film with Batman.
Keyser Sushi said:
In the films, it doesn't have to ever happen. And it never should.
If you don't want to see it, fine. But, if a good director and script presents itself, the people who do want to see it shouldn't be denied a good movie, I'd say.
Keyser Sushi said:
Just like AVP, a Batman/Superman movie would be a BAD, BAD, HORRIBLY DISASTROUSLY unfortunate thing.
AVP wasn't bad due to the idea, but rather the execution. With a horrible director, writer, etc. what can you really expect? However, if a Superman/Batman movie was made, hell, if a AVP movie was made, with a talented director, and a credible writer and cast you would probably have :shock: a good movie.

CConn said:
...that's the point.
In comics when you see them in the same universe, working together, it honestly seems completely natural. Granted this is the same universe where a bunch of 12 year olds and run around fighting crime, and a magical chimp can become the World's Third Greatest Detective, but that's comics for you.

Obviously, the 12 year olds running around fighting crime and the Detective Chimp would be laughable outside of comics. Probably. But, IMO at least, Superman, while much more of a fantasy than Batman, is not nearly ridicuous enough to not be able to work on film with Batman.
If you don't want to see it, fine. But, if a good director and script presents itself, the people who do want to see it shouldn't be denied a good movie, I'd say.
AVP wasn't bad due to the idea, but rather the execution. With a horrible director, writer, etc. what can you really expect? However, if a Superman/Batman movie was made, hell, if a AVP movie was made, with a talented director, and a credible writer and cast you would probably have :shock: a good movie.

all good points:up: that own all the opposite ones

They will keep making Batman films until the films stop making money - that is the simple truth here. It is clear the Batman Begins series will be a key to WB, this month will show us how reliable the Superman franchise is in todays world. I believe the Flash movie will also be a big franchise for WB (or atleast I hope so since he is my second favorite Superhero) and I am uncertain about Wonder Woman. There are some talks about GL Movie projects as well. I think as far as time lines go they will try to continue the

Batman (Summer 2005)
Superman (Summer 2006)
Wonder Woman (Summer 2007)
pattern with The Flash/GL/JL/etc fit in along with them.

IMO my best guess is that if Superman Returns does not do as well as hoped, Flash will end up being a 2009 project sharing the light the Superman Returns 2. If Superman does well I would expect it either in 2007 (with WW) or perhaps a fall release in '08.

Batman Begins(2005)
Superman Returns(2006)
The Flash(2007)
Wonder Woman(2007)
Batman Begins 2(2008)
Superman Returns 2(2009)
Batman Begins 3(2010)

I think since BB2 and BB3's stories will likely be tied fairly close, it makes sense for BB3 to come out maybe two years after BB2 rather than three.

Hello, CConn. Welcome back. :up:

CConn said:
Obviously, the 12 year olds running around fighting crime and the Detective Chimp would be laughable outside of comics. Probably.

Well, there's always Lancelot Link. :up:

Nah, but the world should be denied a bad one.

I disagree. I don't think an AVP movie can ever really be good. I loved the hint in Predator 2 that these two species had met, but I just don't think it's a good idea to put them both in one movie. Because you can't go anywhere after that. It destroys both franchises.

Same with Batman and Superman. This type of crossover works in comics and cartoons - (I loved the TAS "World's Finest" story) but I don't see it ever being good in the cinematic universes.

I side with CConn in this above fiasco.

Also, I think Bale will still be too young to do Beyond in 2021. Thats a good date for DKR. As much as I love Beyond and as much as I love DKR, they can't exist in the same continuity. There are just too many issues. Either one story or the other will have to be too different. :(

As far as DKR goes, I'd rather have them do it with Keaton and Nicholson before they get too old. Maybe they could do it after BB3 before they continue on with the series?

Maxwell Smart said:
As far as DKR goes, I'd rather have them do it with Keaton and Nicholson before they get too old. Maybe they could do it after BB3 before they continue on with the series?

that would never work. DKR could not exist in the Burton film continuity, which is what people would assume this to be if they used those actors. The Joker that Nicholson played is dead.

Personally, I dont think DKR or Batman Beyond should be adapted into a film. See, they're both different takes on how the character's story could end, and it would feel kinda wrong to pick one over the other to put into a film. They should either wait until official DC continuity gives Bruce an ending and use that, or create their own.

No Batman vs. Superman movie, I rather have Batman movies and Superman movies separate.

Neither Nicholson nor Keaton should ever be involved with another Bat-movie.

I personally think DKR would make for a great end to the back story, however Batman Beyond would make it possible for future Bat-movies so I could see both working. Perhaps borrow the darkness of DKR with the protege angle of Beyond to create a nice center.

I believe that a DKR film could be made, with Batman Beyond continuing it.

Bruce is afterall older in Beyond... he gives up his crusade as Batman for good at the end of DKR. They could make it work.

~SD

^^Definitely.

That's not a bad idea at all. They can make it work.

~SD

Katsuro said:
that would never work. DKR could not exist in the Burton film continuity, which is what people would assume this to be if they used those actors. The Joker that Nicholson played is dead.

They'd have to make a change from the original story is all. In DKR The Joker pretty much magically re-animates when Bruce becomes Batman again, which is supernatural. Since the comic has a supernatural element anyway, why not just have the Nicholson Joker come back from the dead when Bruce puts back on the cape and cowl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"