Batman Begins Let's talk about "World's Finest" REALISTICALLY

Castlewood

Civilian
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's going to happen without a doubt. However, it wouldn't be for a while.
I say....

Batman Begins
Superman Returns
Batman Sequel
Superman Sequel
Worlds Finest

We're talkin' like....2010. At LEAST. Wouldn't you agree?

But aside from that, what angle would they go with? What storyline? How could Superman exist in Batman's realistic world from Batman Begins?

I say, go with the Animated Series storyline.

Batman/Superman vs. The Joker/Lex Luthor (they team up with a brilliant plan to take over/destroy something or other)
Batman falls in love with Lois Lane
Batman and Superman fight

I think, IF it happens.....it'll be like in 2015.

I think 3 or 4 sequels for each film.

With the whole love triangle Singer has created with Supes Lois and...I forget his name...I doubt there's any Bruce/Lois love thing.

And I'd rather see one main villain so that the film isn't too crowded. It would be hard to do justice to Joker, Lex, Batman and Superman all in one movie.

UNLESS.....The movie only focused on Superman and Batman.

Instead of "World's Finest", it could be "Batman VS. Superman"

- No villains
- No love interest

Forget Lois all together, as well as Gordon, Alfred, and all of those supporting characters from both worlds.

2 hours. No plot. Just Batman and Superman.....FIGHTING for some reason or another. Just don't make it like Freddy vs. Jason.....or Alien vs. Predator.

Make it so the fans must decide who they think should win.
No heroes
No villains
Just Batman and Superman......two equals.....no one is good OR bad....they're just THERE. And they're fighting.

I never really liked the idea of them "teaming up"......We've got the X-Men for crap like that. I wanna see two equally loved heroes battling it out.

It would be like Shwarzennegger vs. Stallone. Everybody's been wanting it for years.

Yeah they could never just fight and one of them wins, the others fans would hate it. They could fight, but they'd end up fighting the bad guys.

TempleFugit said:

- No villains
- No love interest

Forget Lois all together, as well as Gordon, Alfred, and all of those supporting characters from both worlds.

2 hours. No plot. Just Batman and Superman.....FIGHTING for some reason or another. Just don't make it like Freddy vs. Jason.....or Alien vs. Predator.

No heroes
No villains
Just Batman and Superman......two equals.....no one is good OR bad....they're just THERE. And they're fighting.

I never really liked the idea of them "teaming up"......We've got the X-Men for crap like that. I wanna see two equally loved heroes battling it out.

It would be like Shwarzennegger vs. Stallone. Everybody's been wanting it for years.

I'm sorry I hate this idea.:down

Another thing:
I hate title "Batman vs Superman" what they fighting for? When Batman's wife is killed by Joker (amussing) Batman goes after Joker superman is there to make sure that he does NOT step out of a line which Bruce does so they fight? It's LAME I tell ya!

TempleFugit said:

- No villains
- No love interest

No heroes
No villains

So in other words, screw plot, character development, and all that stuff just so they can make a quick buck by cashing in on the "Batman vs. Superman" idea? Screw that. In fact, tha'ts just about one of the worst ideas i've heard in a long time. You were kidding, weren't you?

Well....Alien V. Predator scrapped character development, plot and all that stuff that makes movies coherent....yet, it's getting an undeserved sequel. I'm not saying that "Batman V. Superman" could work if they were to go that route, but there will always be loopholes.

Just sayin'.

It'd have to WORLD'S FINEST.

Brandon Routh has said he would never do it if it was a VS movie. He says they should jojn forces, which is something Superman would say.

I say use WF the animate film has a blue print. Not exactly like it, but atleast follow they're type of execution.

I would say the Joker and Lex would have to be in it. They don't need to be focused on. Just telly us enough of them to know what's going down, and that would be enough.

I really don't want to see the Batman franchise tainted by the new Superman series.

raybia said:
I really don't want to see the Batman franchise tainted by the new Superman series.

But...the new Superman series is as good, if not better than Begins?

If you're going to do a movie with Superman and Batman in it, you have to have at least one fight scene between them. Even the animated movie had them going toe to toe for a minute.

I like the idea of bringing back the synthetic kryptonite from Superman III and turning Supes evil for a bit and Batman has to take him down using real kryptonite and then bring him back to his senses. That way, you get the big money fight scene, you get the two working together for most of the flick, plus a bit of comic continuity when Supes gives Batman the left over kryptonite for safe keeping.

StorminNorman said:

LOL! Ah yeah....that was a good one.

geomon said:
If you're going to do a movie with Superman and Batman in it, you have to have at least one fight scene between them. Even the animated movie had them going toe to toe for a minute.

I like the idea of bringing back the synthetic kryptonite from Superman III and turning Supes evil for a bit and Batman has to take him down using real kryptonite and then bring him back to his senses. That way, you get the big money fight scene, you get the two working together for most of the flick, plus a bit of comic continuity when Supes gives Batman the left over kryptonite for safe keeping.

If Poison Ivy is introduced in Batman at the time of BvsS I wouldnt mind seeing a Hush inspidred Batman smackdown of Superman. Actually you could probably do a fairly similar thing using Harley Quinn with Joker making some sort of love potion and Lex or Joker supplying the Green K.

StorminNorman said:

I'm happy that you enjoyed but I have to say that I have very mixed emotions. Its by no means an acclaimed movie like BB was and it remains to be seen whether it will be as profitable as BB.

I think at this point that the best thing to do is for both franchises to remain separate for at least 1 more film if not 2. If both are then sitting on solid ground then I will be all for a World's Finest (not a vs.) but please don't bring Singer anywhere near the project. (My dream director would be Ridley Scott or Peter Jackson.)

raybia said:
I think at this point that the best thing to do is for both franchises to remain separate for at least 1 more film if not 2. If both are then sitting on solid ground then I will be all for a World's Finest (not a vs.) but please don't bring Singer anywhere near the project. (My dream director would be Ridley Scott or Peter Jackson.)

I agree with this however I think a Batman and Superman movie should show that the differences between the two characters does cause conflict between them. While Scott and Jackson would be good choices, I think Singer could do a good job with both characters as well and I would pick him over Nolan for a film like this.

StorminNorman said:
If Poison Ivy is introduced in Batman at the time of BvsS I wouldnt mind seeing a Hush inspidred Batman smackdown of Superman. Actually you could probably do a fairly similar thing using Harley Quinn with Joker making some sort of love potion and Lex or Joker supplying the Green K.
I'd love to see Bats pwn Superman in a movie. Heck Bale already did it on MTV.:D

StorminNorman said:
I agree with this however I think a Batman and Superman movie should show that the differences between the two characters does cause conflict between them. While Scott and Jackson would be good choices, I think Singer could do a good job with both characters as well and I would pick him over Nolan for a film like this.

Lets see how Singer does on the next Superman movie first.

SR was his homage to Donner. I now want to see a Superman purely from his imagination.

If he did do it I think it should be done in collaboration with Nolan in the same vein as Spielberg and Lucas working together on the Indiana Jones movies.

I'd love to have a team up, though it would kind of take away from Batman's more realistic world. I would also take many aspects from World's Fair, but The Joker and Lex are getting old IMO. Bruce falling for Lois is good, and I'd love a scene like in the show where Superman sees Bruce's face under the mask. I'd also have most of the movie take place in Metropolis, with Bruce traveling there, insead of the other way around. It's awesome that Superman Returns and Batman Begins are over 2hrs, which means that this will be long as well. I'd say 2 1/2 hours. Forget about Singer or Whedon, and get someone like Donner or Ridley.

Mee said:
I'd love to see Bats pwn Superman in a movie. Heck Bale already did it on MTV.:D

:up:

My dream writer for a Batman Vs/and Superman film is Jeff Loeb. I love the way he writes the characters in the comics and he is a producer on Smallville. Actually I would love to see what he could do with Bats period after Nolan/Goyer/Nolan have their trilogy wrapped up.

i saw SR for da second time and i noticed when the news anchor lady was reporting about how superman was spotted in many cities like paris, shanghai and etc.....the anchor lady ALSO mentioned Gotham!!!

I hope they dont do it. Apparently Bryan Singer is interested after a few more supes films but god knows what Nolan would think. As grand as it was to see Bale and Routh face to face at the MTV Move Awards I just dont think it would work. But like Gordon said in Begins, "ive been wrong before!"

MaKTheKnife said:
I hope they dont do it. Apparently Bryan Singer is interested after a few more supes films but god knows what Nolan would think. As grand as it was to see Bale and Routh face to face at the MTV Move Awards I just dont think it would work. But like Gordon said in Begins, "ive been wrong before!"

I dont see why it wouldn't work, Routh would do it because he loves Superman, Bale would do it becasue he loves Batman and a film with Batman and Superman will show just how big of a badass Batman is by comparison. I don't think Nolan would direct it, but I wouldn't pick Nolan for a film like this either.

I say 3 to 4 films might be the degree of sequels to take for a WF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"