Batman Begins Batman Begins Vs Superman Returns

wootbaby said:
2) although Singer builds around this by adding his own elements like the kid, the major issue with SR is that it's essentially missing an emotional center. WHO is superman? where has he been, how has his absense affected those around him? WHY does he love lois? what are his intentions for her? it's like superman is this sad guy sleepwalking through the entire movie. you never connect with him...
Completely agree with you there, even if I don't recall ever seeing the Donner films, LOL. I felt that both SR and BB were beautiful visually, and I did feel viscerally for Supes when he's down, but I didn't connect with the character like I did in BB.

wootbaby said:
8) BB has a more interesting plot with definite points of beginning, middle and end. superman just sort of floats along with no real resolution at the end... what happens to luthor. what's going on with lois. what's the deal with the kid? even in a series, each movie should stand on its own.
Actually, one of the things that I felt SR lacked was a feeling of continuation. By the end of BB, I was like, "Awww, no more???" It feels like an ending, and at the same time it doesn't since loose ends aren't completely tied up yet, and Bats' job isn't done. I actually felt that SR would be better off as a stand-alone movie, since almost all of the ends are already tied up. Sure, Luthor's still alive, but he's stuck on a island with no resources. Supes has a kid, but it seems like he's going to let Jason grow up with Lois and Richard. What's there to continue? Unless they want to draw out the kid storyline some more...In BB, you've got the asylum loonies still on the loose, Gordon's little speech about "escalation", and the Joker making an entrance. I mean, bring it on!

Finally got around to seeing Superman Returns, and I dont believe it even comes close to Batman Begins. Sure, its a very very good movie, but it just didn't leave me blown away after seeing it. It, imo, lacked that lasting effect as I left the theater.

BatMatt said:
Finally got around to seeing Superman Returns, and I dont believe it even comes close to Batman Begins. Sure, its a very very good movie, but it just didn't leave me blown away after seeing it. It, imo, lacked that lasting effect as I left the theater.
I'd say some of the scenes and things in the movie blew me away, but I agree not the movie itself. It was good, but not as good as Begins.

I really dont agree with the SR haters i thought it was a pretty good movie, flawed but good nonetheless, i'd expect the sequel to rock even more tho. on the topic tho, im a bat-fan thru and thru so i could be biased, but this topic should be batman begins vs spider-man 2 which i think are the best superhero movies out there at the moment. superman returns isnt even in batman begins LEAGUE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"