The Immortal Iron Fist Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's Orson too. Lets not forget Iron Fist's mythology will play a major part in NA so maybe we'll see Orson show up during the first arc. :up:

Orson Randall by artist Chris Samnee:

2j5dyj6.jpg

And a recent sketch of Fat Cobra by Chris Samnee:

30kt6aq.jpg

I'm really looking forward to Samnee's art on Thor: The Mighty Avenger. He's really good. :up:

I love seeing all these sketches. It makes me wonder if something's brewing for Iron Fist post Shadowland.

Since Mandarin has his ten rings fused to his spine so he always has their powers, to be honest Iron Fist shouldn't have a chance against him alone. But I admit it would be interesting.

Fraction co-wrote IMMORTAL IRON FIST, so it's no surprise he would mention elements in some of his other work. Frankly I'm surprised it too this long.

If the Mandarin put away his rings out of honor and fought Iron Fist, it would be an interesting fight.

The Mandarin would still have the physical advantage, as his chi enhances his whole body and not just his fists. He's basically Collossus via chi instead of turning to steel.

Fist might be able to do something clever, though. Whereas with the rings it's hard to see Fist lasting long enough for cleverness to matter.

If Mandarin didn't use his ring's power, considering they're fused with his spine, in any fight, he looks like a moron. It's akin to Magneto choosing to fight Wolverine without magnetism, to be "fair".

I wonder if Fraction will allow Parker to use the Mandarin for some Atlas comics. The Mandarin's son Temugin is still a high-ranking member of Atlas, after all.

Iron Fist is going to have a story in the I Am an Avenger mini:

30ii3r5.jpg

From the latest Cup O' Joe:

Kiel Phegley: and to finish where we started with a question inspired by digital comics, Jeg 1701 asked, “thanks to the iPhone Marvel app, I've been reading The immortal iron fist, and I'm loving it! Why was this canceled and any chance of another Iron Fist ongoing?"

Joe Quesada: Well, Jeg 1701, Iron Fist originally went away because despite how much we loved the book, the great reviews, and the high ratings that each issue received, the sales were not there to support it on an ongoing basis. However we’ve kept it alive through collected editions, the Omnibus, and now through our digital comics initiatives. Read "Shadowland" and the "Power Man" tie-in series, and you may have an idea of where Iron Fist is going to show up next.

Very interesting.

Since Mandarin has his ten rings fused to his spine so he always has their powers, to be honest Iron Fist shouldn't have a chance against him alone. But I admit it would be interesting.

Iron Fist punched a train.

Mandarin can smack around Iron Man or the Avengers. Iron Fist's had some recent upgrades, but he isn't on that level yet. At least it is hard to tell, since most of his solo stories these days he's STILL fighting normal gang members. I mean I think Fist could take out members of the Wrecking Crew in NEW AVENGERS, but...Aunt May with a broom could beat the Wrecking Crew. They're barely a step above Hand ninja (or Hydra grunt), and in Marvel, if you throw a rock in any direction, it will hit and defeat a Hand Ninja (or Hydra grunt).

Each one of Mandarin's rings alone gives him enough power to be a formidable opponent against most any super hero. But with 10, he'd either have to be a moron or arrogant to the point of stupidity to lose to a solo match against Iron Fist, as much as I like Fist. The guy counters Iron Man laying waste to him with missiles like it was nothing. I don't think the Iron Fist Blow is going to cause him to lose sleep.

Although I will concede the possibility of Mandarin underestimating Fist so much that Rand is able to lay him out isn't terribly out of character for him. But it would be a tad annoying, but that's because I tend to hate villains who are arrogant to the point of sheer incompetence. I no longer can take them seriously.

Yeah, Iron Fist will be part of the SHADOWLAND mini as well as the POWER MAN mini, so I'll get those. It'll be a new writer writing him than the ones involved in IMMORTAL IRON FIST, though. Hopefully he does well with Rand.

David Aja posted his Immortal Weapons sketches on his blog:

s6ncxe.jpg

5utsi.jpg

m6l4h.jpg

2sa1awj.jpg

o7n8co.jpg

Just awesome.

Mandarin can smack around Iron Man or the Avengers. Iron Fist's had some recent upgrades, but he isn't on that level yet. At least it is hard to tell, since most of his solo stories these days he's STILL fighting normal gang members. I mean I think Fist could take out members of the Wrecking Crew in NEW AVENGERS, but...Aunt May with a broom could beat the Wrecking Crew. They're barely a step above Hand ninja (or Hydra grunt), and in Marvel, if you throw a rock in any direction, it will hit and defeat a Hand Ninja (or Hydra grunt).

Each one of Mandarin's rings alone gives him enough power to be a formidable opponent against most any super hero. But with 10, he'd either have to be a moron or arrogant to the point of stupidity to lose to a solo match against Iron Fist, as much as I like Fist. The guy counters Iron Man laying waste to him with missiles like it was nothing. I don't think the Iron Fist Blow is going to cause him to lose sleep.

Although I will concede the possibility of Mandarin underestimating Fist so much that Rand is able to lay him out isn't terribly out of character for him. But it would be a tad annoying, but that's because I tend to hate villains who are arrogant to the point of sheer incompetence. I no longer can take them seriously.

Yeah, Iron Fist will be part of the SHADOWLAND mini as well as the POWER MAN mini, so I'll get those. It'll be a new writer writing him than the ones involved in IMMORTAL IRON FIST, though. Hopefully he does well with Rand.

Iron Fist has the power of sheer manliness. The kind needed to punch a train.

Anyone see Iron Fist and Misty in the Shadowland preview? This is going to be awesome. :up:

Iron Fist has the power of sheer manliness. The kind needed to punch a train.

I will say that the Mandarin as written by Matt Fraction (who co-wrote a lot of IMMORTAL IRON FIST) would probably underestimate Iron Fist greatly, and be ripe for a pwning. At least for one or two blows.

Nice pic from Jamal Igle, a Brooklyn native. :up: He's been the regular artist on SUPERGIRL for a while.

The problem is, even if he underestimates Fist, there's nothing Fist can do to exploit it. The Mandarin's damage-soak is insane.

Prince of Orphans is going to be in the upcoming arc of Secret Avengers!

From the latest Cup O' Joe:

Tom, as I understand it, we're going to be seeing a few more players in "Secret Avengers" coming up, is that right?

Brevoort: Not team members so much as there are some other characters that will be coming into the series. The second major arc in "Secret Avengers" starts in issue #6, and the two additional characters that will come into play during the course of that story are Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu, whom Ed is very excited to play with, and the Prince of Orphans from "Iron Fist," whom I think everybody else is excited about seeing Ed bring back and write again. It's a big globe-trotting chase as mysterious forces are attempting to resurrect Shang Chi's father-who-shall-not-be-named. And should they be successful in this, bad and terrible things will happen. So for the course of that arc, Shang Chi and the Prince of Orphans will be in the book, and all the while the continuing mysteries and stories will role on through that.

This sounds like it's going to be an awesome arc, really glad to see Shang-Chi will be apart of it too. :up:

Ooh, that should be interesting.

Damn Brubaker continues to take my money.He seriously is the best writer Marvel has.

Supercool! And I'm super excited that it's in a book I already read! No extra cash!

Eh. It'll be nice to see the Prince of Orphans. Shang-Chi is neither here nor there for me. The whole thing feels kind of beneath the Avengers' notice, going back to the street-level junk we've had more than enough of for the past few years under Bendis. But we'll see.

Shang Chi has done a lot of black ops spy kind of missions, so he fits into that with the SECRET AVENGERS. I'd have rather seen Iron Fist than Prince Of Orphans, but at least some of those immortal weapons are showing up. Of course, Brubaker co-wrote that run, and had a hand in creating them, so it all fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"