Video game companies owned by Disney?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Does anyone know which video game companies are owned by Disney? Before the Marvel/Disney buyout I had no idea Disney owned ABC or Miramax and I wonder if Disney has a company in it's repoitoire that create games as good as "Bioshock" or "Call of Duty".

Can anyone help me out?

The most well known company they have acquired is Wideload Games. They did Stubbs the Zombie on the last gen consoles and are doing a game called Split Second for the current consoles, but they also own Black Rock Studios(ATV Offroad Fury), and Propaganda Games(2008's Turok)

I know they (Disney) have Disney Interactive Studios which publishes and distributes games. It was also under the name Buena Vista Games and during that period, along with Square Enix, helped create Kingdom Hearts.

I know they were involved with Turok(2008) but they mainly try to stick with the Nintendo platform.

Hope this helps. :woot:

Studios:
Avalanche Software
Black Rock Studios
Fall Line Studios
Gamestar
Junction Point Studios
Propaganda Games
Wideload Games

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Disney creating a studio specifically for Marvel games once the Activision & Sega contracts run up.

Thank you all for your helpfulness.

I wouldn't mind Disney creating a studio specifically for Marvel games once the Activision & Sega contracts run up.

What a funny coincidence. I was just about to post a poll about what people thought about Marvel making video games independently. I think they should or at least consider their video game choices more seriously. They're really letting the video game market down at the moment.

Speaking of, does anyone have any idea when the video game contracts for Sega and Activision expire?

Thank you all for your helpfulness.

What a funny coincidence. I was just about to post a poll about what people thought about Marvel making video games independently. I think they should or at least consider their video game choices more seriously. They're really letting the video game market down at the moment.

Speaking of, does anyone have any idea when the video game contracts for Sega and Activision expire?

Not sure about sega, but the Activision/Marvel contracts are up in 2017. Those contracts consist of Spider-Man and the X-men.

On a bit of a side note, Sega has announced that they are shutting down the studio that is currently at work on Iron Man 2: The video game. They state it wont affect work on Iron Man 2.

Does anyone know which video game companies are owned by Disney? Before the Marvel/Disney buyout I had no idea Disney owned ABC or Miramax and I wonder if Disney has a company in it's repoitoire that create games as good as "Bioshock" or "Call of Duty".

Can anyone help me out?

Disney owns the video game publishing company Disney Interactive Studios, overall it's a small player in the video game industry but it is presence is growing rather quickly. It's games are currently distributed by EA Distribution (which distributes titles for it's parent company Electronic Arts, Valve, MTV Games, etc.).

The developers that Disney owns are:

Avalanche Software (Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour, Bolt, Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little) - Before being acquired by Disney Interactive, Avalanche Software was best known for it's work on Nickelodeon's Tak franchise.

Black Rock Studio (Pure, Split Second: Velocity) - This developer has never gone beyond the racing genre. It took over Sony's ATV Offroad Fury franchise after Rainbow Studios, Acclaims ATV Quad Power Racing, the MotoGP franchise when it was under THQ's control, and a couple of Hot Wheels games.

Fall Line Studios (The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Hannah Montana: Music Jam, Hannah Montana: Pop Star Exclusive, Ultimate Band) - A studio that Disney started up, but for the most part these guys just help out on other titles with the only title that they worked on by themselves is Ultimate Band.

Gamestar - A Shanghai, China based studio that hasn't worked on a lot of titles. The current plan is to use game star as support to Disney's other development groups.

Junction Point Studios (Epic Mickey) - Warren Spector and Art Mins' studio with former employees of Ion Storm.

Propaganda Games (Turok, Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned, Tron: Evolution) - Another studio that Disney started up made up of former employees of EA Canada.

Wideload Games (Guilty Party) - A game studio founded by one of Bungie's founders Alex Seropian and six other former employees of Bungie. Their previous projects were Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel Without a Pulse" and Hail to the Chimp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"