What comic characters do you think could carry a game & what games will be next.

bryanss3

Summerholidays
Reaction score
I'm very excited for the new Batman and Wolverine, DCU online, and MUA2 and have been thinking what character could carry their own game and what games are going to come in the future.

one can only guess that with movies like Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, Spider-Man 4, Green Lantern, and eventually Superman coming out they'll probably be accompanied by a video game. Those are probably the next slue of comic games we'll get.

Personally I think for Marvel Iron Fist or Dare Devil could carry a whole game and for DC the now canceled Blue Beetle could have carried a game. also I think Punisher should get another game the Punisher game from 2005 wasn't that bad, with better graphics and more interactive environments it'd be even better.

What characters that don't have movies coming out in the future do you think could carry a new video game?

Last edited:
I think a dark Marvel character like Moon Knight or Daredevil might be fun if it was done Sandbox style. Dr. Strange might interesting as well. It's a tough call because everytime I picture a really good superhero game, I picture it going horrible wrong as well

Daredevil deff needs his own game. Captain America and Deadpool are also musts.

Daredevil deff needs his own game. Captain America and Deadpool are also musts.

This has the potential to rock. Hard.

I love Cap, but dunno how you could make it more than a beat-em-up with shield throwing.

I like the idea of Captain America there are lots of things they could do with it. Start it in WW2 and just go through all types of missions. Captain America can be more than a beat em up. I could see a Cap game in a tone like Metal Gear Solid just in the marvel Universe.

And a Deadpool game would be awesome and probably one of the funniest video games ever if done right.

and I'd really like to see a new Spider-Man game thats comic based instead of movie or Web Of Shadows. Something more like you start out after the bite and actually have to interact as Peter Parker with everyone in Pete's world and also deal with being Spider-Man. I'd like to see something like that in any super hero video game. I think having to deal with the secret identity aspect of super heroes should be included in games. It'd be awesome if a Spider-Man game (or any game) had a great story where they could do a story line like the night Gwen Stacy died in the game and have you actually care about her death as much as people cared when Aries died in FF7.

Also I'd love a game based on SHIELD where you're an entry level SHIELD agent where you go on missions interacting with events in the MU, rise up in the ranks ect.

Last edited:
I'd like to see either a Daredevil, or Green Arrow game.

A Deadpool game that's an mainly set an New York, but the missions will have you going around the world. It should be a mix between GTA/the Spider-Man games & the upcoming Wolverine game (if it's good). There should also be a ton of cameos (Wolverine, Spidey, Daredevil, Punisher, Nick Fury, Cable, etc...). A free-roaming Deadpool game would be kickass.

Plus, he also taunts you through out the game, if even you're doing good.
"Damn, you have NO life do you?"
It should also make fun of many different games.

Last edited:
the Marvel Universe + Gex the Gecko + Conker's Bad Fur Day + GTA + X-Men Origins: Wolverine = Deadpool the official game.

Captain America would be my first choice. Deadpool would be awesome though

Deadpool game.....Oh yeah!!! :woot::wow::applaud

Why not let Rockstar do this game... and base the story with the comic "Deadpool vs. Marvel Universe". Anyone read that? Guest stars galore on that issue.

Last edited:
A well made Deadpool game is pretty much an epic win. I imagine it being kind of like Ninja Gaiden, except with the addition of guns. It'd have to have a really funny script, and video games lend themselves very well to breaking down the fourth wall, so Deadpool would pretty much be a perfect video game protagonist. With the right developer, a Deadpool game could be a big hit, even with non-fans.

Depending on how good Wolverine's Origin game turns out, I might trust Raven Software with a Deadpool game.

I've been hearing good things about the Wolverine game... In all likeliness, it'll turn out better than the movie it's based on, which is pretty friggin' rare. The only examples I can think of are Moonwalker, Goldeneye, and Chronicles of Riddick.

Raven is overall a pretty solid developer though. They could probably do a Deadpool game justice, as long as Activision gives them the time and resources.

I want to see a Power Man and Iron Fist game set in 1970's New York City. Nick Fury Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. would also be ripe for adaption.

So, Devil May Cry, then. :woot:

That's a good model, action-wise imo. A Deadpool game can be a lot of things actually; action, adventure, shooting, some stealth, some rpg, free-roam, humorous cut-scenes and funny remarks by Wade while in action, etc, etc...:woot:

I think there should be missions where he's hired by heroes and villains alike since he's a merc after all; e.g. Fury hires him like he did in Secret Invasion... or Fisk gives him a contract to get rid of a rival... or someone secretly hires him for a job to catch Wolverine (like that storyline in Wolverine Origins issue I think)... and many more. :yay:

Last edited:
A sequel to the 2005 Punisher game that uses the Ennis-penned Max series for the storyline is what I hope to get one day, unlikely as it is.

Some time ago i had the idea for a Punisher game, called Punisher: Year One.

It would focus on the beginning of the Punisher, right after Frank Castle leaves the hospital.
It would play in the likes on GTA, with a digital replic of New York.
Just like every beginning, no one knew who the Punisher is, so, as you start to build your reputation, criminals would start to be scared of you.
To some criminals, that would mean to be terrified, to others, that would mean to be more focused; everyone would have a diferent reaction to you, some would even put hits on you and contract the best assassins in the business to find you and take you down.
Missions would come in diferent types and shapes, from a mugging on the street (that could scalate into something more), to informants and news on tv.
Some side missions would be big, and the main storyline would not be known from the get go, just like a comic, you would run into it.

how would the perspective be in a Daredevil game? what would you see? would be like the movie? that would be..............confusing

I think a Deadpool game will be awesome. He will so many types of weapon, from katana, to guns, grenades, etc. Plus, his wacky sense of humor will make the game very funny, in a deranged way. Put him in a sandbox, with main and side missions to get money as a merc, and multiple endings depending on which job he accepted, will be great.

I'd keep it restricted. I think you can create a much better gaming experience if you don't spend recources on making a giant sandbox world. Batman and Wolverine seem now to be doing good without having a giant world to explore.

A Deadpool game, IMO, should be a mix between Hitman and the upcoming Wolverine game.

the Marvel Universe + Gex the Gecko + Conker's Bad Fur Day + GTA + X-Men Origins: Wolverine = Deadpool the official game.

Throw a bit of Ninja Gaiden in there and you have pure gold. :up:

I don't think it should be a straight up sand box type game though. Have him always return to the Dead Hut or something, then go out on different missions all over the world.

Last edited:
I think Ninja Gaiden would be a bit over the top. I want the action a little more down to earth. Well, not really down to earth, but also not DMC or NG style where you hit an opponent in the air and do like a 50 hit combo. I like the action the way it is in Wolverine Origins.

Just make it Katana combat and add guns and grenades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"