The Invisible Man!

Ill definitely be watching this on friday. The reviews are fantastic so far.

Finally, another good Universal Monsters movie. I knew my boy Leigh Whannell could do it.

Didn’t really like Upgrade, but really have liked the trailers for this. Glad it’s getting good buzz.

The Invisible Man needs another good movie, damn it!

I'm very excited for Whannell. Now that the embargo is out, I can say more about my experience watching the movie a few months back.

I was lucky to meet him at the end of the screening, I recognized him from afar so I geeked out and asked to speak to him. He was very approachable and open in my interaction with him. I didn't want to take much of his time but he continued to ask if it was scary enough, asked what I liked best. Continuously asked for my opinion on certain scenes which surprised me and made it a very pleasant conversation. He was very excited as he was talking about it and thanked me at the end as I thanked him back.

As far as the movie goes, it was a great theater experience. Everyone gasped in unison and at least everyone genuinely screamed at least twice that I remember. Jason Blum was sitting in front of us and saw him having a good time as he noticed the audience react. It's been challenging not being able to take the movie out of my head since then, it's that good. I can't wait to see the finished product but needless to say, I'm giddy this has been getting great reviews. Well-deserved.

I'm very excited for Whannell. Now that the embargo is out, I can say more about my experience watching the movie a few months back.

I was lucky to meet him at the end of the screening, I recognized him from afar so I geeked out and asked to speak to him. He was very approachable and open in my interaction with him. I didn't want to take much of his time but he continued to ask if it was scary enough, asked what I liked best. Continuously asked for my opinion on certain scenes which surprised me and made it a very pleasant conversation. He was very excited as he was talking about it and thanked me at the end as I thanked him back.

As far as the movie goes, it was a great theater experience. Everyone gasped in unison and at least everyone genuinely screamed at least twice that I remember. Jason Blum was sitting in front of us and saw him having a good time as he noticed the audience react. It's been challenging not being able to take the movie out of my head since then, it's that good. I can't wait to see the finished product but needless to say, I'm giddy this has been getting great reviews. Well-deserved.
One quick question, and if you're able to give spoilers, then you know the drill: Did the trailers REALLY show everything or is there more they aren't telling us? And if so, what is it, if you can tell us?

^ While they did show a bit in the trailer, context is very important for this movie. For scenes that were shown in the trailer, I was still surprised while watching the movie. It's heavy stuff too. There is plenty that wasn’t shown as well. Whannell did express frustration over social media reaction over the trailer showing too much, he insisted audiences will have no idea.

As far as spoilers, I'll send you a PM since the movie has not been out yet.

Last edited:
Definitely wanted to see this one. This is the new start to the new universal monster universe?

Sweet. And who knows? Maybe this film will build towards epic team-up crossovers.

The Invisible Man vs. Hollow Man
The Invisible Man Finds the Memoirs of An Invisible Man
The Invisible Man (Wells) vs. Invisible Man (Ellison)

#ExpandedInvisibleManUniverse

Even though the trailer gave away the whole damn movie, I still want to see this.

Any callbacks to the 1933 film or novel?
Not off the top of my head but could've missed it.

Definitely wanted to see this one. This is the new start to the new universal monster universe?
It's definitely a stand alone but could probably go that route based on a small thing in the ending

Even though the trailer gave away the whole damn movie, I still want to see this.
Trailers truly do not spoil anything.

Sweet. And who knows? Maybe this film will build towards epic team-up crossovers.

It's kind of insane to think that there hasn't been ONE well received Invisible Man-esque film since the original 1933 movie until now!

At the risk of sounding insane, I thought it was awful and supremely overhyped.

Elizabeth Moss is good and that's about it. Well maybe not all of it. The setup is solid and it starts off promising. It all falls apart in the second half. The script is badly written and all sorts of forced insanity happens simply for the sake of progressing more ridiculousness.

The movie sets up that security cameras are everywhere, but only uses that when it's convenient. Cecilia is established as an architect. Like the movie blasts you in the face with the fact she's an architect and does nothing with that.

Music was terrible. Whannell repeatedly does that device where like this loud high-pitched tone just rises and rises and rises to this breaking, nauseating even higher pitch like awful white noise just for it to suddenly cut off. He goes to that well one too many times.

The third act is a complete and total anti-climax. The monster of the movie is under-developed.

This movie is the biggest case of cinematic catfishing I've ever seen. So yeah, call me insane, but this film reminded me of why Saw was such a badly overrated, incompetent film.

They had this shown before the critics screenings.

nBEtN3n.jpg

Now currently sitting with 60 fresh reviews and 6 that are rotten.

It's kind of insane to think that there hasn't been ONE well received Invisible Man-esque film since the original 1933 movie until now!

To be fair, Memoirs was a great movie, IMO. I'm pretty sure if flopped though. Hollow Man also had it's moments but it's pretty bad when you're rooting for the psycho killer just because all the good characters ****ing suck, lol.

At the risk of sounding insane, I thought it was awful and supremely overhyped.

Elizabeth Moss is good and that's about it. Well maybe not all of it. The setup is solid and it starts off promising. It all falls apart in the second half. The script is badly written and all sorts of forced insanity happens simply for the sake of progressing more ridiculousness.

The movie sets up that security cameras are everywhere, but only uses that when it's convenient. Cecilia is established as an architect. Like the movie blasts you in the face with the fact she's an architect and does nothing with that.

Music was terrible. Whannell repeatedly does that device where like this loud high-pitched tone just rises and rises and rises to this breaking, nauseating even higher pitch like awful white noise just for it to suddenly cut off. He goes to that well one too many times.

The third act is a complete and total anti-climax. The monster of the movie is under-developed.

This movie is the biggest case of cinematic catfishing I've ever seen. So yeah, call me insane, but this film reminded me of why Saw was such a badly overrated, incompetent film.

What did you think of Upgrade?

Hitting this tomorrow night in Dolby, apparently the sound system was made for this.

What did you think of Upgrade?

Actually haven't seen it. I hate Saw though and find it to be highly overrated.

I liked Insidious Chapters 1 and 2 but thought everything after that was horrendous.

It's not that type of movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"