Iron Man 3 The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

More Tony than IM wasn't a problem for me at all.

Nor I, but it would've been nice to see some unadorned basic Iron Man superhero stuff at least briefly before the main thrust of the story took effect. If you're hero is gonna spend that much time out of the costume that we paid to see, then I'd say you kinda need that early on. And this movie didn't do that.

I was fine with him being out of the suit. In it, he is almost too powerful. It was nice seeing him use his mind to find other ways to take down enemies than always with a repulsor blast.

I was fine with him being out of the suit. In it, he is almost too powerful. It was nice seeing him use his mind to find other ways to take down enemies than always with a repulsor blast.

Not in this movie. The Lava Lamp men cut through his armors like they're made out of swiss cheese or tinfoil or something. I hated that.

Not in this movie. The Lava Lamp men cut through his armors like they're made out of swiss cheese or tinfoil or something. I hated that.

I'm not sure why. Wouldn't you have wanted to see that sort of power coming from the Rings? I enjoyed seeing Tony face a physical threat for the first time in any of these movies. In the armor, he pretty much can survive anything. With Killian, he couldn't rely on them for protection and had to improvise. I loved seeing him move from suit to suit in desperation.

I'm not sure why. Wouldn't you have wanted to see that sort of power coming from the Rings? I enjoyed seeing Tony face a physical threat for the first time in any of these movies. In the armor, he pretty much can survive anything. With Killian, he couldn't rely on them for protection and had to improvise. I loved seeing him move from suit to suit in desperation.

Considering there are 10 rings with 10 different powers, I'd say the possibilities there for variation and creativity in a fight with Iron Man are immense. But when any of his lava soldiers can rip Iron Man's armor apart like it's no big deal then I gotta say that cheapens the end fight as well. I want Mandarin to be the only one who can really stand up to Iron Man. It makes him more special. But here he's the same as all the rest and yet for some reason he gets extra emphasis even though he's no different than all his soldiers.

Considering there are 10 rings with 10 different powers, I'd say the possibilities there for variation and creativity in a fight with Iron Man are immense. But when any of his lava soldiers can rip Iron Man's armor apart like it's no big deal then I gotta say that cheapens the end fight as well. I want Mandarin to be the only one who can really stand up to Iron Man. It makes him more special. But here he's the same as all the rest and yet for some reason he gets extra emphasis even though he's no different than all his soldiers.

Mandarin really was the only one who could stand up to Iron Man. He appeared to be stronger, a better hand to hand fighter, and far more menacing than his soldiers. Of course the 'science' of the characters was a bit vague and perhaps they could have elaborated further on it. Still, I find this all to be minor nitpicking. You can do this for any movie and ruin it for yourself. My advice is to turn your brain off a smidge and enjoy the ride. I wasn't think about how the end battle got cheapened by aspects of the plot. Just enjoying see Tony lead his armors into battle and a surprsingly great CGI fight scene.

Would I have liked to see other abilities for Extremis? Yeah, I would have but it is what it is.

I agree. I love seeing Stark using his wits and his armors to beat an opponent who can melt his armor and who cannot be killed. Ironically, this movie also answers Steve Rogers' challenge to Tony in The Avengers which Rogers questioned Stark what he would be without his armor. I think we found out what the answer is in this movie.

My cousin came up with an explanation for all these armors being torn apart so easily at the end. He thinks that because the first few armors cost so much, Tony decided to make a bunch of prototypes using ****tier materials, thus reducing the cost. That would explain why he [BLACKOUT]so willingly destroyed them all at the end[/BLACKOUT], because he knew they were worth nothing. :funny: It was clearly a joke, but as I think about it, that would actually make sense.

$680 million worldwide already???
Wow.

What we all need to be asking ourselves is what's gonna happen when TA2 hits?

100M opening day?

250M Opening Weekend?

300M Opening Weekend?

1B Domestic?

1B Overseas?

2B World Wide?

And remember to overestimate, because we have tried underestimating Marvel and being "realistic", only to fall flat on our faces with overwhelming numbers.
OW: $280m
DOM: $750m
INT: $1.4b

$400m looks like a lock now. Question is how much higher can it go with the amount of competition it'll be facing. I'm thinking $425-450m is where it ends up.

Fantastic numbers. Easily should reach a billion. At least it has that working for it. Nothing will touch it the rest of the summer. Some other hero can eat it.

It definitely looks like people who loved the Avengers want to see what happens next for those characters. Hopefully this will bring about a $1 B Thor, and an $800 M Cap gross.

Well at least with Thor, Cap and Guardians my unfamiliarity with the source material will likely be a benefit.

Somehow I seriously doubt Thor:TDW will bring 1 billion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"