Iron Man 3 The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy

Make Mine Marvel
Reaction score
How much is this puppy going to make?

I say 400 millionish domestic. 900 millionish worldwide.

I'm trying to make this a poll but I'm not sure how to add the options.

Never mind. Figured it out.

Last edited:
As much as I wanted this to earn a billion dollars, I don't see it happening :(

Domestically, about 400M-ish like you said. Worldwide about 850M-ish but could even reach a billion. It seem these days that there'a always 2-3 movies that reach that number each year.

Yeah I'd Say it will fall between 800-900 WW but I am guessing 850

400 mill is way too much thts TDKR territory. If the movie gets good reviews I'd say it hits 350 mill domestice and high 700 to low 800 WW. I'm only saying it gets that high though if there is actually an Avengers halo-effect and the movie garners critical acclaim.

Last edited:
400 mill is way too much thts TDKR territory. If the movie gets good reviews I'd say it hits 350 mill domestice and high 700 to low 800 WW. I'm only saying it gets that high though if there is actually an Avengers halo-effect and the movie garners critical acclaim.

I don't see how 400M is way too much. TDKR and Hunger Games made 400M+ without 3D. As long as Iron Man 3 is a good movie 400M is pretty much in the bag. Third movie in trilogy? Check. Rollover from Avengers? Check. 3D boost? Check.

I don't see how 400M is way too much. TDKR and Hunger Games made 400M+ without 3D. As long as Iron Man 3 is a good movie 400M is pretty much in the bag. Third movie in trilogy? Check. Rollover from Avengers? Check. 3D boost? Check.
I don't want to say never without seeing what hype for the movie is like closer to the release of the film but this movie doesn't strike me as grossing that much right now. Hunger Games obviously had the female tween crowd going for it, a demographic IM3 won't exactly have in spades. That's important because those girls go in droves to see the movie and are more likely to shell out for the movies on the weekend than a lot of IM3's audience. TDKR is just on a whole other level than IM3.

Last edited:
can i change my vote cuz after that trailer i don't think i voted high enough

I don't want to say never without seeing what hype for the movie is like closer to the release of the film but this movie doesn't strike me as grossing that much right now. Hunger Games obviously had the female tween crowd going for it, a demographic IM3 won't exactly have in spades. That's important because those girls go in droves to see the movie and are more likely to shell out for the movies on the weekend than a lot of IM3's audience. TDKR is just on a whole other level than IM3.

Nah, I wouldn't make that assumption.

As much as I wanted this to earn a billion dollars, I don't see it happening :(

In the past I would've agreed with you, but with 3D and expanding overseas markets it seems like 1 billion is easier to attain nowadays. I say with the right marketing and hype machine IM3 could conceivably pull it off.

I voted for 900 million which is still a bit of a stretch, but I'm hoping for a billion plus.

I voted for $1 billion, and that was before I watched the trailer. After seeing it I'm doubly certain of my prediction.

I voted for $1 billion, and that was before I watched the trailer. After seeing it I'm doubly certain of my prediction.

I voted before the trailer too and now i am wishing i went with the 1 billion vote instead.

900 million. I think the China money is going to boost this film.

I would have gone with 900 mil before seeing the trailer. Now, it's a billion for me. One only has to look at the tumblr reaction to see that the fangirl appeal is high, which is a must for this kind of figure.

Just for reference;

Iron Man -
US: $318,412,101
Foreign: $266,762,12
Worldwide: $585,174,222

Iron Man 2 -
US: $312,433,331
Foreign: $311,500,000
Worldwide: $623,933,331

The Avengers -
US: $623,357,910
Foreign: $888,400,000
Worldwide: $1,511,757,910

Right now I'd say the floor for IM3 is $800m with Avengers good will, 3D, expanding markets blah blah. If it's great it could pass $900m..... dare I say... maybe more?

I think the safest thing I can say about an early prediction is that it'll make more than IM2, but less than Avengers.

As someone above said, high 700s-low 800s sounds about right.

I'd say 365M domestic + 450M overseas = 815M WW

I dont think it does Avengers numbers, but gets an added Avengers boost for being the first Marvel film out since The Avengers.

I think maybe 400 mill domestic and 400+ overseas. So somewhere in the 800-850 mill. mark overal.

With 3D boost and after the huge success of Avengers I'd say 800-900 million. Voted 900 after watching the trailer.

I think this will be another 1B WW picture. It will probably be 400+ domestic 600M WW. this isn't another Avengers, but I think it's got a good chance of surpassing TDKR, especially with 3D boost.

For me, the ceiling is $900M worldwide. The Avengers restored some goodwill for the IM franchise, but not a huge boost.

I think $350M-$385M domestic (yes, even with 3D) and $550M-$600M international sounds good enough for IM3. If WOM is good like it was for the first IM pic or Avengers, it could make more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"