Iron Man The Iron Monger thread....what did you think overall?

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
This isn't a thread about Stane himself, nor about the battle between him and IM, though if it involves it, knock yourself out. The Iron Monger armor itself, if you are familiar with the original book's versions, did it move how you envisioned, was it as threatening as you felt it was in the books, and basically, did they get most of it right design and animation-wise?

IronMonger.jpg

ironmonger.jpg

300px-Iron_Man_200.jpg

ironmonger.jpg

2365861661_ef5010bce9_o.jpg

All I can say is.....Iron Monger was a great villain at the end. I just love seeing he and Ironman smacking each other around. Perhaps Ezekiel Stane could take up the mantle and create his own Iron Monger suit to kill Tony Stark with for revenge of his father.

I personally thought they did a great job on both him and Iron man.

Semi-related I suppose, but my theater laughed at Stane's line "Tony Stark built this in a cave!... with a pile of scraps!" I have the feeling that wasn't the intention of the line.

Semi-related I suppose, but my theater laughed at Stane's line "Tony Stark built this in a cave!... with a pile of scraps!" I have the feeling that wasn't the intention of the line.

I personally didn't laugh because clearly the look on Obadiah's face meant he was displeased with the lack of progress.

i adored jeff bridges performance. this movie topped them all!

Also, his flight was spectacular. They really made me believe in the weight of the suit with how incredibly powerful his flight sequences looked.

i adored jeff bridges performance. this movie topped them all!

I think some props should go to Jeff Bridges for respectfully taking the role seriously. This is a man who shaved his head because he thought it would be a good thing to do since Stane was bald in the comic. And especially despite Favreau saying he didn't have to do it.

My theater did the same thing. It kind of went over my head... I still don't get why it's funny...

My theater did the same thing. It kind of went over my head... I still don't get why it's funny...

Maybe it's because we're comicbook fans. We've read these sorts of dialogues all before. Maybe people thought it was funny that Stane mentioned how Tony Stark created the Mark I with such meager resources.

it was a funny line. stane's scientists thought it was impossible, but tony stark did it with spare parts in a cave. that's funny.

lol. People always chuckled at that.

TONY STARK BUILT THIS IN A CAVE!!....WIT A BOX OF SCRAPS!!... :p

I thought Iron Monger looked good and was very faithful.

-TNC

it was a funny line. stane's scientists thought it was impossible, but tony stark did it with spare parts in a cave. that's funny.

That and Tony Stark had already gotten over with the audience. There was also a bit of an audience response when the scientist said "we're not Tony Stark".

A lil off topic but one thing that I thought was funny was a lot of the ladies in the audience said "awwww" when the arm machine retrieved Tony's old power source for him.

But anyway the Iron Monger was sick. Hey, who does he attack first? :cwink:

Awesome movie. Jon Favreau has my respect.
Enter-The-Dragon_im1.jpg

Bridges owned as Iron Monger . I love his voice in the suit .

Well, Shane's scientists had all the resources at their disposal, and they could not compete against Stark who was imprisoned and used spare parts to make his armor. That's funny.

it was funny to me because he was so dramatic about it all of the sudden...after he said WITH A PILE OF SCRAPS, I said, IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER really loud. And that kind of sums up to my why that particular line was funny.

I just thought of this while reloading a few Sims 2 expansions on my PC, but I'm just wondering how long it's going to take until crafty individuals start dubbing over Jeff Bridges lines in the movie as Obadiah with memorable soundbytes from The Big Lebowski.

Loved him. The suit felt REALLY powerful, even if it was very, very slow at flying. He moved pretty damn fast in it and I came away with a better impression of Iron Monger than the comics ever gave me- it felt like Tony was pretty seriously outclassed.

I liked the Iron Monger. My only complaint is that a few of his lines at the end were a little corny, like "I've made a few upgrades of my own!"

Pretty thin villain. Bridges did a nice job with little to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"