Iron Man The Iron Monger thread....what did you think overall?

The suit looked great, i just found it a bit silly that Stane thought he he could benefit the company by getting in it and nearly killing a few people.

The suit looked great, i just found it a bit silly that Stane thought he he could benefit the company by getting in it and nearly killing a few people.

Why do any of these supervillains do anything? They're ok at first, but later their quest for control drives them mad....mad, I tells ya. :o All for the greater good, they always say.

Good job with Monger, wasn't the best villain, but he showed reasonable threat to a very cool and powerful hero. Would have prefered him in the sequel, taking over the company and forcing Stark on the streets, that would have really raised the level for him.

The design they ran with looked much better than the original even. Bigger, scarier, and downright awesome

Why do any of these supervillains do anything? They're ok at first, but later their quest for control drives them mad....mad, I tells ya. :o All for the greater good, they always say.

Yeah, he says his motive is to put power back in the right hands, then he picks up a car with an innocent American family inside, and tries to smash Ol' Shellhead with it. Glad I wasn't the only one confused by that.

Uh, I think he definitely killed those Shield agents. It's not hard to understand his reasoning though, IMO. This was not what he originally wanted, but once Pepper got the info on his crimes he basically had to switch to Plan B. Get the suit ready, then pilot it to some extradition-free country where he'd be able to avoid justice all while making himself a fortune(or would that be another fortune since he was already a rich executive) by selling the technology to the highest bidder. Killing Tony and Pepper was just icing on the cake for him at that point.

I thought I'M took to much of a beatin,
But that's the only gripe.
Improved over the original ending

I thought the Iron Monger suit was very well done. Hopefully the Crimson Dynamo armor won't disapoint

Which is?

Which was

Iron Monger's first apperance was much earlier, but in Iron Man 200 Stark got the new Silver suit to battle Obie in the bigger suit, but in that story...

Obidiah blasts himself in the face w/ a repulsor

:im:

^ Wait, was this in the comics or an original draft of the movie?

Oh, I thought you meant like an original ending of the movie. My bad.

Iron Monger was great. I love how he stops containing himself when he's on suit and becomes a real moustache-twirling villain: "I RAISED THIS COMPANY FROM NOTHING! AND NOTHING WILL GET ON MY WAY!", "NICE TRY, TONY, BUT MY ARMOR IS SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY!", "HOW IRONIC, TONY! TRYING TO GET THE WORLD RID OF WEAPONS, YOU CREATED THE BEST OF THEM ALL. AND NOW, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU WITH IT! STAY PUT, YOU IDIOT!"

Loved him.

Iron Monger was great. I love how he stops containing himself when he's on suit and becomes a real moustache-twirling villain: "I RAISED THIS COMPANY FROM NOTHING! AND NOTHING WILL GET ON MY WAY!", "NICE TRY, TONY, BUT MY ARMOR IS SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY!", "HOW IRONIC, TONY! TRYING TO GET THE WORLD RID OF WEAPONS, YOU CREATED THE BEST OF THEM ALL. AND NOW, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU WITH IT! STAY PUT, YOU IDIOT!"

Loved him.

I'm glad they didn't actually go with that line. The one he did use was infinitely better.:cwink:

"Hold still, ya little prick!" ;)

They did excellently, I thought. I liked the way he was kind of lurking in the background while Tony dealt with the villains in Afghanistan, then emerged to slap him around in the end.

I didn't know the character in the comics but he was pretty cool.

It was good enough for me. I never was impressed by the Villains in the Iron-Man universe. There are alot of good factors which made the first movie great! Of course, the villain was good too and Jeff did a good job. But I mean I don't find any Iron-Man Villains that interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"