The James Cameron's "Avatar" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect that .. but at the end. I do not care!

Golum didn't make emotional impact on me. I do not care what is 'fully flashed" or who is veteran actor. At the end you feel character or you do not.

Rest of this I will not comment. It looks like you have some issues with director of this movie. IMO
Sorry, but I can't connect to a character that is barely written at all. Zoe did her best with an underwritten cardboard character, but in the end that's not enough to make any kind of meaningful emotional connection. I have no issues with Cameron in general, he has directed some of my all time favorite films. I don't even have major issues with this film. I liked it! I'm just trying to get people to cool it with the hyperbole, and start examining the movie using analytical and critical thought. That's a discussion. Just rehashing the same ejaculatory "It was so emotional!" or "It ROCKED!" or "Best movie experience EVER!" type statements does not make for fruitful discussion. And no offense, but it also doesn't help that most of the people who are foaming at the mouth gaga over this film most likely haven't seen enough films or know enough about movies (and I'm talking films of all kinds, not just your typical mainstream films that everyone has seen) to have any kind of meaningful perspective on the film itself. They have their opinions, but they're not coming from a background that involves an in depth and wide ranging engagement with film. That's fine, but it does not make for very meaningful or worthwhile discussion.

Over the 10K mark guys and gals, time to make a new thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"