The Joker I would Have Liked to Have Seen

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction & Films' started by Arch Nerd, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Arch Nerd Registered

I'm a fan of the look and style of the 60's Joker. Don't get me wrong the "Killing Joke" style of the Joker is what I grew up with and love that look too, but I'm intrigued by that harlequin of hate of the 1960's. His impossibly large smile, the purple bags around the eyes, and the strangely shaped head, all made for a cool looking Joker. So before the Dark knight came out to theatres I thought to myself: "Self! Who could portray the Joker, be creepy, and bring something of that 1960s flare to the big screen." One man came to mind. A man who has played crazy more than once, and has a smile the Joker would kill for. That man? Steve Buscemi.

[​IMG]

2. Midnight Black Defender of the Universe

Steve would make a great Riddler or even Hugo Strange sans accent IMO.

3. Arch Nerd Registered

I agree he would also make a pretty cool Riddler. He has somewhat Gorshinesque features. Also I realize an actor like Crispen Glover better resembles the Joker we're familiar with (i.e. Killing Joke). But something about Buscemi makes me think 50s-60s Joker. I dunno why. I'm unconventional I guess. Thx for your reply. :-)

4. Midnight Black Defender of the Universe

No problem. Yeah, not saying I can't see him playing Joker, I can. It's just he always came off more Riddler to me or I could seem him as a mischievous Dr.

However, I can see him playing Joker I guess, especially when looking at his earlier work.