Guardians of the Galaxy The Karen Gillan/Nebula Thread

Wildcard

Cataclysmic Titan
Reaction score
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Set-Interview-Karen-Gillan-Nebula.jpg

Probably the character I'm most anxious to see, especially with them expanding on her character. Hopefully she'll get a really significant screen-time boost this go around. I've always felt that Nebula has been an underrated and underused character.

Looks like that's getting turned around slowly but surely.

Nebula is definitely one of the best MCU villains. I want to see her team up with Loki at some point.

That could be cool but before then I'd hope they'd show her as being capable of getting the job done solo or being a leader herself & not always playing lackey to someone else. It'd just undermine the character.

I want her to play a similar role in the Infinity War movies from what she had in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. I think in this movie, she'll be joining the Guardians as a means to an end, and eventually get back to Thanos.

tumblr_n5zv8okici1rur0aro1_1280-everything-you-need-to-know-about-nebula-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-in-90-seconds-or-less-jpeg-72963.jpg

It would be really nice if they kept her role similar to the actual IG story. She certainly deserves that much, and it'd be cool to see her with the Gauntlet, even if it's only briefly.

Yeah hopefully by the end of this movie she is set up for a similar role in the Infinity Gaunlet comics for the next Avengers movie.

Just watched GotG again and I love all the characters but somehow I find Nebula to be particularly charming.
27.gif
I just cannot wait to see her again.
1.gif

Nebula was my favorite character in GOTG, looking forward to seeing more of her.

She was one of my favs. I found her more interesting than Gamora. I do hope Karen tones it down a bit this time. Less overacting and shouting.

I loved Nebula in the first film. Glad there will be more of her here.

I thought she was fantastic and loved every scene she was in, yelling and all.

I haven't followed everything. Has there been any indication of how large her role might be? Is she fighting alongside the Guardians or a villain?

She's fighting along side in this one but to what end is anyone's guess.

Oh right, thanks.

She's fighting along side in this one but to what end is anyone's guess.

I'd guess that anything she's doing is likely in hopes of killing Thanos. She reeeaaallly made it apparent that she hates him more than anything else. haha

She was great! I cant wait to see her interact more with Drax, I totally ship them together,

I was hoping she'd stick around and be the Vegeta of the group. She was really working that rebel relaxation during Yondu's funeral.

Some of my favorite scenes of the movie involved Nebula. Without spoiling too much, they explored some of the stuff with Gamora that I wish they had explored in the first film.

I'm looking forward to more of Nebula.

As am I. In reflecting more on Vol. 2, I think the Gamora/Nebula scenes were my absolute favorite. I loved that we were able to learn even more about how they grew up/were raised by Thanos. And with that said, I can't wait to see what happens when Nebula does interact with Thanos again.

I really liked what they did with Nebula. You genuinely felt bad for her and understood her actions. Can't wait to see where they go with her next.

I've always like Nebula because I'm a big fan of her Amy Pond character from Doctor Who, but felt that she was given very little of substance to do in the first GOTG movie. In this sequel, I think Gunn expanded her role and her relationship with sister Gamora
and in the end I definitely felt sympathetic toward her and wanted to see her joining the team.
Hopefully she will be getting a bigger screen time later but it's hard to juggle so many characters in a 2 hour movie without shortchanging somebody.

I thought Nebula a good villain in vol 1, because you couldn't wait to see her get killed. In vol 2, she finally breaks down and the hurt, scarred little girl comes out, definitely took the character to the next level, and I'm looking forward to her future appearances.

I suspect she'll end up killing Thanos, but probably not in an obvious way - maybe she'll sacrifice herself to take him out.

Who knows - can't believe I'm more excited about Phase 4 than I am Justice League (I grew up with the JLA).

Anyway, go Nebula ! After Yondu, my second favorite blue character in GOTG.

If she steals the IG from Thanos like in the comics, I wonder if we'll see a blue Karen Gillan without the cybernetics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"