The Killzone Franchise Thread

GC'll be multiplayer time, I hope. Killzone 3 is the first game where I'm looking forward to multiplayer as much as story.

A Beta is coming.

Yes, the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial really is coming! Just like its predecessor, the multiplayer mode for Killzone 3 will be put through rigorous testing at the hands of the toughest, most demanding critics in existence: you, the fans. The Trial starts on October 25th and access is limited, so please read the following instructions carefully if you want to know how to secure a spot in the Public Beta:
  • Be(come) a Plus subscriber
  • With the exception of a handful of key media partners and selected PAX feedback participants, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is limited to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!
  • Download the theme
  • On October 19th, an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will appear in the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. The first 10,000 Plus subscribers to download this theme (5,000 SCEA Plus subscribers and 5,000 SCEE Plus subscribers) will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.
  • Check your email
  • After you’ve downloaded the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on Oct. 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions through the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID. Make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCE, or we won’t be able to contact you.
Those of you who make it into the Public Beta Trial are expected to provide honest gameplay feedback, report bugs and glitches, and help test our network code in real-world scenarios. In short, we’re counting on you to help us improve Killzone 3! In return you’ll get a good taste of the multiplayer mode, including its brand-new Operations game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/07/killzone-3-beta-starts-on-october-25th-here%E2%80%99s-your-chance-to-get-in/

Ha and, wow. My + subscription expires tomorrow. Thanks for the news 'cause I wasn't in a rush to renew since PS+ doesn't feel like it's for me. :hehe:

I hate how u have to b a plus member if guerilla was smart they would make it a open beta

I dont think it makes a difference to them either way and ultimately its not their decision...its Sonys. And its a smart decision to keep it like this as it helps give some justification for a Plus purchase. Access to betas was one of the incentives they mentioned up front so they need to stick to that.

Maybe but they most likely do not have the capacity to accomodate millions of people on this. KZ3 is a hot product and if it were open to everyone, you better beleive it would recieve alot of traffic, which would cause connection troubles, server crashing, etc... Thats why they have it limited, bc they are simply testing and optimizing its performance online. Not even all Plus owners will get in on this. Game wont come out till Feb, and Im sure there will be an open beta closer to release

I still hate the fact that they are implementing plus into everything

Don't forget my EU friends who are Plus members, to DL the KZ3 theme today. First 10,000, not 5,000, gets in. :up:

So what's the deal with the Killzone 3 beta? I know EU had to download the theme last week. When does the US have to do it?

This is all so confusing. So it was October 13th for EU and October 19th for US?

I'm not to thrilled with how they decided to do this beta. :/

This is all so confusing. So it was October 13th for EU and October 19th for US?

I'm not to thrilled with how they decided to do this beta. :/

It seems pretty not confusing to me. EU has a date, US has a date, and if you get in you get an email.

Well it was just confusing for me in the sense that I didn't know there were going to be two dates. The N4G article talked about it being on the 19th and then all of a sudden I turned on my computer and read a ton of people saying "I'm downloading the beta right now!" and "I just got my theme."

I talked to Sony and they told me "EU is doing it this week and that the US is doing it next week and that I'm good."

Didn't really have a whole lot of information on this obviously. lol

Now with everything that I've read its not confusing.

Thanks for the info Geo.

US PSN was just updated a few minutes ago. Just downloaded the theme. Fingers crossed.

I completely forgot about it and thought it was on the 26th. I rushed home and downloaded it but I doubt I was quick enough

Yeah, I missed it by 10-15 minutes. I'm sure the 5,000 were snatched up faster than that, but you never know I guess.

Oops. Guerrilla’s outed limited and collector’s editions for Killzone 3 on the game’s official website before pulling the info.

Contents for the limited and collector’s editions included a voucher for a map pack known as Blood and Thunder, a €10 gift card and even Helghast goggles.
Yes. Helghast goggles.

:wow:

Are you planning on picking up Killzone 3 come this February but aren’t satisfied with just a standard edition of the game? Consider yourself one of the ISA’s most elite soldiers and want something more to prove your commitment to the war with the Helghast? Well you’re in luck!

On the official Killzone 3 website, a page has turned up listing three different editions of the game: standard, limited, and collector’s edition.
Though it seems the listings may have been added a little preemptively, as there aren’t any details regarding what each of the editions offer at the moment. You can view a snapshot of the site below:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/20/kil...itions-outed-on-official-website-then-pulled/

http://playstationlifestyle.net/201...s-killzone-3-limited-and-collectors-editions/

Did anyone get an invite, because I didn't. :csad:

They're currently sending out the codes in waves. It is believed people who live in the U.S. will be getting their codes around 6-7 p.m. tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"