The Killzone Franchise Thread

Does anyone here have any concerns about the possibility of hackers in the multiplayer portion? I certainly hope it does not happen.
Im sure Sony will release a security measure to prevent that. That thing you might have heard with MW2 is due to the way the PS3 reads the ID codes of the disc, which unfortunately Sony cant do anything about games already out there. They can change it up for all future titles though so hopefully it wont be an issue

Yep, Thursday the 3rd. It's 3 hours behind, so 1pm for you.

Just a heads up to everyone. Killzone has been running a mini game in Home. If you complete all the challenges, you earn 3 unlock points to use in KZ3 MP. You use these for uprgrades in the game. Usually you get them in the game whenever you gain a certain amount of XP. The challenges are pretty easy. I normally don't play these things, but I think that getting points early is a great way to get a head start when the game comes out.

I hardly do anymore. This just seemed too easy to pass up though.

You have to play each wave again. An ammo box will fall during each wave with another users name attached to it. Shoot it and it gets sent to their game for the assist.

IGN reviewed it too.

7.0 Presentation
The menus of Killzone are great, but the weak story never develops into anything great.

9.5 Graphics
Killzone 3 is easily one of the best looking games on any current platform, and makes war-torn worlds look beautiful.

8.5 Sound
The music of Killzone 3 is a bit hit and miss, but the sound design of guns and explosions are really good.

8.5 Gameplay
Fun multiplayer and excellent campaign pacing make this a great option for any shooter fan.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
The single player doesn’t have all that much replayability, but the multiplayer could last someone hours and hours.

OVERALL

Great

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1147560p1.html

IGN really confuses me sometimes. By the way this review sounded I expected it to get a 9.5... maybe even a 10... but they end up giving it an 8.5 with the only really "negative" thing being the presentation.

Not that 8.5 is bad... I just don't understand the way the review anymore, lol.

I never take IGN's reviews seriously. Just like Gamespot.

Well.. did you read IGN's review? By the way they were gloating about it the game sounded like a 9.

Again, not that 8.5 is bad... but I was expecting a 9 ONLY by how they were talking about it.

Kotaku's "Why you should play Killzone 3 with the Move" artical is great. In a way it's a review but only of the game played withthe Move. They said they refuse to review the game yet as no one has the retail box copy and some of the issues other reviewers are complaining about will be fixed by the time the retail copy hits stores.

http://kotaku.com/5750957/killzone-3-makes-me-a-believer-in-motion-control?skyline=true&s=i

I don't take reviews that seriously anymore. Well, except that guy Jamie at thatvideogameblog.com. He is always spot on. Although, I think he and I will disagree about the feel of the controls in this game.

Last edited:
You guys gotta clam down; in today's crowded shooter market 8.5 is a fantastic score. You can look elsewhere for the 10/10's, they're out there. Gametrailers in particular are big fans.

I don't take reviews that seriously anymore. Well, except that guy Jamie at thatvideogameblog.com. He is always spot on. Although, I think he and I will disagree about the feel of the controls in this game.

They will burn my very soul :(

You guys gotta clam down; in today's crowded shooter market 8.5 is a fantastic score. You can look elsewhere for the 10/10's, they're out there. Gametrailers in particular are big fans.

I never said it wasn't fair, wasn't making a big deal out of the score as I'm not even THAT big of a Killzone fan. However, from the tag line "this isn't a FPS, this is a First Person Experience" I was thinking "Wow... game changing FPS?"

Then I read the review and it was solid enough to back up my assumption. So, when he scored it an 8.5 I was kind of shocked. Not shocked because I think 8.5 is bad, no... not at all. Shocked because after everything I read I seriously thought it was going to get "best FPS score ever" type of score.

No biggie for me, I'll probably pick it up... doubtful at launch though but I never bought any of the KZ games at launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"