The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's well-worn territory is the thing. Of course I'm interested, but excited? Not until I see what hook separates it from the rest of what we've seen before.

I have complete faith ND will pull it off, they're my all-time favorite developer. But I'm really hoping this is going to explore something like creating compelling, story-based co-op or something.

I'm interested in it purely for the developer behind it. Their track record has proven thus far that any game they release is worthy of my attention.

6484070331_4f2851fdaf_b.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-the-last-of/724686

Willing to take that back now? :oldrazz:
Not entirely.
Like I said ''...unless they took the same road with this game, showing a teaser of what is to come but nothing is done yet.''

They did it sometimes with Uncharted 2 and 3, according to what they said in Mapping the Development of Uncharted 3, like the plane sequence, for example. They didn't even know what they were going to do with that, they just knew that they wanted it somewhere in the game.

I didn't think they'd drop Uncharted to work on another game, though.

Last edited:
I was interested until the mutant things showed up.

I wonder how big a role the mutants will play? It seems like other survivors will be a serious threat as well. I hope they balance the two, I've always found humans who have lost their humanity to be slightly scarier than actual monsters in horror situations.

I was interested until the mutant things showed up.
I've mentioned it before but those were always my least favorite things about the Uncharted games. I remember playing the first one and suddenly feeling like I was in a Resident Evil game.

Why not try actually finding out about the gameplay before deciding if the game is a must buy?

You already can tell what the gameplay is like, it ain't no hack and slash game it's either a 3rd person shooter or a FPS But you are right i still need to to know if there is any co-op or any multiplayer

Anyways i found a interesting article that compares the graphics with UC3 and TLOU

http://gamingbolt.com/uncharted-3-vs-the-last-of-us-character-model-comparison

If that's supposed to be in-game, then Ellen Page looks really good. Drake looks better than Beard Guy though.

haha, she is not Ellie. She is Ellen Page. That is all.

She really looks like Ellen Page,maybe she'll do the voice over XD
BTW It's a ND game,so it gets my attention instantly.

That last image reminded me of Enslaved: Odyessy to the West, which is not a bad comparison at all, I loved that game. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic scenarios, I'm sure that ND are gonna do something awesome with this.

I'm not gonna lie the mutant element also takes some of the air out of this for me. It would have been more original to just go a straight survivor post-apocalyptic route without the mutant element and just taking on other survivors.

But there's still time this game still looks promising.

That last image reminded me of Enslaved: Odyessy to the West, which is not a bad comparison at all, I loved that game. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic scenarios, I'm sure that ND are gonna do something awesome with this.

When I first saw that image from the trailer, I immediately thought of the movie "I am Legend". In fact, that's what this game kind of reminds me of. At least from the little bit that we have seen so far.

She really looks like Ellen Page,maybe she'll do the voice over XD
BTW It's a ND game,so it gets my attention instantly.

Nope, it's Ashley Johnson.

imagesqtbnANd9GcTB3D8SQTz4J5n0FoXRD.jpg

That's because its Lead Designer is the same one from Enslaved, Mark Richard Davies. Other good news is that Bruce Straley, the director of Uncharted 2, is directing this as well.

When I first saw that image from the trailer, I immediately thought of the movie "I am Legend". In fact, that's what this game kind of reminds me of. At least from the little bit that we have seen so far.

That's the vibe I got. I am intrigued to see their interpretation of the genre.

From the looks of it though, Joel and Ellie are perfectly used to fighting other survivors, and rarely run into the mutants.

How awesome would it be if the game was mainly about those scraps with other guys but once every couple of hours there was just a terrifying mutant sequence? Make you learn to really fear them when they showed up

That would be really cool. Hope that is the direction they are going with. Unfortunately, we may not get much more info for a while. Arne Meyer said they had no plans to discuss the game any further and just wanted to announce it right now. It has been in production for 2 years and they just wanted to let the cat out of the bag finally. My guess is we won't see it again until E3.

OPM UK are seeing it tomorrow. Reveal in their January 24 issue.

Same here.
The name already reminded me of I Am Legend, which I adore, so I'm cool.

That would be really cool. Hope that is the direction they are going with. Unfortunately, we may not get much more info for a while. Arne Meyer said they had no plans to discuss the game any further and just wanted to announce it right now. It has been in production for 2 years and they just wanted to let the cat out of the bag finally. My guess is we won't see it again until E3.
So, is it really coming out in 2013?

Any news on who is writing this game? It'd be great if it's Amy Hennig. She wrote the three Uncharted games.

Got the "I am Legend" vibe too. If that's what they are going for, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm intrigued. Not yet sold, but intrigued. I'll be watching the development of this one closely.

Naughty Dog is the only game developer that would make me excited about another zombie game. They're the best in the world right now IMO so I have a feeling that this will turn out great

I'm really hoping it is a linear, story based, single player game like Uncharted. I don't want another multiplayer, online zombie game. Excluding Undead Nightmare, when is the last time we had a proper single player zombie game? Code Veronica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"