The Last of Us The Last of Us Part III

Surely they would want to remake Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 first, before 4 and then Lost Legacy.

I really have no interest in seeing anymore of Ellie or Abby. If they have more to tell about them, so be it. But rather see more of the world created and a different story

I really have no interest in seeing anymore of Ellie or Abby. If they have more to tell about them, so be it. But rather see more of the world created and a different story
I don't mind if we get a new lead character but I definitely want to see them both again, especially after we already lost one core character of the series. After III it might be good to let the series rest a little before bringing in wholly new characters (but still some nice references to what we've had to date) if they want to do more games long term. I would have said they might stop at III but there might be different pressures if the TV show goes from strength to strength.

I don't mind if we get a new lead character but I definitely want to see them both again, especially after we already lost one core character of the series. After III it might be good to let the series rest a little before bringing in wholly new characters (but still some nice references to what we've had to date) if they want to do more games long term. I would have said they might stop at III but there might be different pressures if the TV show goes from strength to strength.
I’m sure they have more creative writers, but I cannot fathom any good stories with these characters without repeating what we’ve already done. We’ve already conquered every form of emotion from trust, betrayal, depression, ptsd, aggression, insecurities, there’s nowhere else to go.

I’m sure they have more creative writers, but I cannot fathom any good stories with these characters without repeating what we’ve already done. We’ve already conquered every form of emotion from trust, betrayal, depression, ptsd, aggression, insecurities, there’s nowhere else to go.
Maybe if they were forced to work together leading others or something different like that. Some great writers at Naughty Dog so I’d be confident they can put a top quality TLOU III together with or without these characters, but if it’s to be considered a trilogy I’d want at least one main character to stay on. If TLOU ever continues past III then I don’t mind all-new characters.

Yeah I want to see Abby and ESPECIALLY Ellie again. The latter I want to know what's happened with her life and if she repaired some relationships her want for revenge ruined.

Yeah I want to see Abby and ESPECIALLY Ellie again. The latter I want to know what's happened with her life and if she repaired some relationships her want for revenge ruined.
Without Joel I really want to see how they’re both doing in the future. I guess anyone could be killed off by the end of TLOU3 too. Game needs to come out asap, and now with all those Factions assets sitting there unused this should be ND’s main priority. I’m very excited for whatever they announce for after TLOU3 but it feels right for that to be up next.

Without Joel I really want to see how they’re both doing in the future. I guess anyone could be killed off by the end of TLOU3 too. Game needs to come out asap, and now with all those Factions assets sitting there unused this should be ND’s main priority. I’m very excited for whatever they announce for after TLOU3 but it feels right for that to be up next.

I wonder how much use they can actually get out of those assets for part III. Really I have no clue. I think they probably wanna further improve the gameplay for III rather than just boost the graphics. They may or may not want to use the multiplayer maps.

I've thought about something since the first game, that you never really saw Joel and Ellie procure food in the wild besides the winter chapter, and I wonder how such an element might fit in the gameplay. Maybe that would be boring. Could be endearing too.

I would like the trilogy finish off with Ellie and complete her arc if Druckman has anything else to tell

Anything after 3 can be new characters

Yeah this. You can't just through the emotional journey of part 2 and not revisit Ellie. She has to show up.

I hope they end it as a trilogy. So after the third game comes out, Naughty Dog could introduce and focus on newer ip/s. I don't mind an Uncharted 5 and The Last of Us Part IV, but a new IP / world to eXplore is definitely more intriguing to me.

I hope they end it as a trilogy. So after the third game comes out, Naughty Dog could introduce and focus on newer ip/s. I don't mind an Uncharted 5 and The Last of Us Part IV, but a new IP / world to eXplore is definitely more intriguing to me.
I think without the show, that is exactly what would happen. TLOU seems suited to a contained trilogy telling an epic story and Naughty Dog were happy to leave a huge franchise like Uncharted behind so it seems they like moving on to new things rather than becoming a 1/2 franchise factory. Sony is a multimedia company though so there could be pressures to keep TLOU going if the show takes off to another level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"