The Last of Us The Last of Us Part III

You could argue that Abby finding the Fireflies is about as happy an ending as you could receive in this world. If we didn't see her again, I'm okay leaving things there with her character. More than happy to see her and Lev again if the story takes us there though.

(TLOU, the series where you kind of hope not to see your favourites cause suffering will be ahead of them)

I still have hope that somewhere Abby and Ellie team up in the 3rd act or something. So far each game is a reaction to the previous events and Abby was a big part of it.

I still have hope that somewhere Abby and Ellie team up in the 3rd act or something. So far each game is a reaction to the previous events and Abby was a big part of it.
They do have kind of a Butch and Marsellus at the end of the gimp scene in Pulp Fiction sort of relationship at this point. They both ****ed up each other's lives so they're even in that sense.

Was there any question of Ellie not being a main character of TLOU3? Surely her story needs to get finished regardless. I think they need to give Abby some material too. I’m happy to meet new characters but I’d want for both to get resolved well (by TLOU standards, which may be more bleak than for your average game.

Neither Ellie or Abby were mentioned in the leaks buddy.

The leaked character descriptions read like they came from a casting call. ("Affable with a dark side.")

Ellie and Abby, who are already cast, wouldn't be on there.

The leaked character descriptions read like they came from a casting call. ("Affable with a dark side.")

Ellie and Abby, who are already cast, wouldn't be on there.

They said about one or two of them being the main characters though. So that's why people are concerned at no Ellie especially.

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in since there are multiple ones for TLOU but:

Good for Druckmann, I just hope that it doesn't take away too much of his time and TLOU Part III and the show suffer as a result.

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in since there are multiple ones for TLOU but:

Good for Druckmann, I just hope that it doesn't take away too much of his time and TLOU Part III and the show suffer as a result.

Yeah I want both to be great. If I had to choose though I'd go with the game.

Yeah I want both to be great. If I had to choose though I'd go with the game.
Same, if push came to shove. The blueprint is already there from Part II for the next couple seasons of the show and I fully trust Craig Mazin with it if Druckmann is too busy to fully have a hand in it but at the same time it's his baby so I'm sure he'll still be heavily involved.

I'd gladly throw the show under a 100 ton bus, to make sure Part III is perfect.

True but there is an argument to say Ellie and Joel's story is finished.
I’m not going to doubt Naughty Dog’s ability to give me new characters that are every bit as good as those 2, but if they are planning on making new characters the focus (not expecting that) then there won’t be much room for error as many fans are likely to blow up without either of them otherwise.

I'd gladly throw the show under a 100 ton bus, to make sure Part III is perfect.
The show is really great, but as a gamer first I view it as absolutely top quality supporting material with TLOU3 as the main event.

I’m not going to doubt Naughty Dog’s ability to give me new characters that are every bit as good as those 2, but if they are planning on making new characters the focus (not expecting that) then there won’t be much room for error as many fans are likely to blow up without either of them otherwise.

True but Druckman rarely does what fans want/expect him too and fan should blew up about part II but that didn’t harm its sales or reputation too much. I just know in the leaks Ellie isn’t mentioned as a character at all.

If I have to bet this would be one of the final Sony games for the PS5. I don't see them skipping this console without an entirely new game. And with the success of the HBO show, I don't think the neXt game being an PS6 eXclusive would be a good decision. Releasing this in an older console would lead to more sales for the game.

If I have to bet this would be one of the final Sony games for the PS5. I don't see them skipping this console without an entirely new game. And with the success of the HBO show, I don't think the neXt game being an PS6 eXclusive would be a good decision. Releasing this in an older console would lead to more sales for the game.
It seems like the next generation of consoles is expected in 2028. What you say makes sense. Do you think Naughty Dog have started work on TLOU3 yet, while working on Factions? Just wish Factions was out of the way or cancelled so they could dedicate all resources to finishing TLOU as well as possible (or get working on a new IP or another Uncharted). So many better uses of their time.

Actually I guess if Factions is live service they would need to continue dedicating resources to it after release. Many live service games failed due to lack of continuous new content put out quickly enough even when the games were good.

Last of Us Part III is probably in deep development if we believe the rumours. I do think this will take til 2027 or 2028, especially if Naughty Dog releases a new ip (the rumoured fantasy game) before TLOU3.

Also by typing this, I just realized TLOU2 is now 3 years old and the neXt single player game from Naughty Dog hasn't been announced yet.

Last of Us Part III is probably in deep development if we believe the rumours. I do think this will take til 2027 or 2028, especially if Naughty Dog releases a new ip (the rumoured fantasy game) before TLOU3.

Also by typing this, I just realized TLOU2 is now 3 years old and the neXt single player game from Naughty Dog hasn't been announced yet.
If they’re working on TLOU3 and a new IP while sorting out Factions then I don’t mind too much. Just hope these projects get unveiled soon.

I hope now that all Naughty Dog resources are on TLOU3 and they use the otherwise lost assets of Factions to bundle a great multiplayer mode with TLOU3, before those assets age away to irrelevance as tech standards keep rising.

I have the most excitement for that rumoured new fantasy IP or an eventual return to Uncharted (even if that seems unlikely from some of what we’ve heard), but TLOU3 asap is something that needs to happen for gaming. Full steam ahead on that has to be the best move for Naughty Dog/Sony right now (IMO).

I hope now that all Naughty Dog resources are on TLOU3 and they use the otherwise lost assets of Factions to bundle a great multiplayer mode with TLOU3, before those assets age away to irrelevance as tech standards keep rising.

I have the most excitement for that rumoured new fantasy IP or an eventual return to Uncharted (even if that seems unlikely from some of what we’ve heard), but TLOU3 asap is something that needs to happen for gaming. Full steam ahead on that has to be the best move for Naughty Dog/Sony right now (IMO).
I hope the new Ip is announced neXt year for a 2025 release? Then end their Ps5 run with The Last of Us Part III for 2027 or 2028?

Its weird, eXcluding remasters/remakes, they haven't released a new game in the PS5 era. That multiplayer game really ate their time.

I hope the new Ip is announced neXt year for a 2025 release? Then end their Ps5 run with The Last of Us Part III for 2027 or 2028?

Its weird, eXcluding remasters/remakes, they haven't released a new game in the PS5 era. That multiplayer game really ate their time.
I think if TLOU3 comes out too late, then the work they did on Factions will be out of date whereas otherwise it could save a ton of work on the multiplayer side.

Yeah, could be a disaster of a gen for one of the best studios, again falling into the live service trap.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Naughty Dog announced that they're working on a PS5 remake of Uncharted 4...

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Naughty Dog announced that they're working on a PS5 remake of Uncharted 4...
and a separate live service version of Uncharted multiplayer :D :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"