the look of ELECTRO

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by toddly6666, Feb 9, 2006.

1. TheCaptain22555

TheCaptain22555 Come get some.

Ultimate is the only way to not make him look hokey. It's a movie not a cartoon, not everything could exactly match the comics.

2. Cyclops

Cyclops Registered

That is only if you go strictly based on comicbook designs.

Like I said earlier in the thread (way long time ago), I think the best way to make Electro look believable is to have his costume be his electrician's uniform, a green jumpsuit with yellow lightning bolts on it.

3. Steel Soldier

Steel Soldier You friggin' Smurf...

Golden crome with black as the suit (the crome being the boots, gloves, helmet, emblem etc).

4. Devon_Farmer

Devon_Farmer Registered

I want to see MTV Electro, I mean, the MTV Animated Series was based in the Movieverse.

5. Denny67

Denny67 Registered

Ultimate Spiderman

6. spideyman101

spideyman101 Registered

I'm making fan-scripts for 4, 5, and 6

and in the 5th one Electro's in it.

I think it'd be cool if Electro at first wore a simple, black saftey suit, then when he become more known, he moved to green and yellow suit.

7. Mr. Marko

Mr. Marko Canada Wants You!

I think they should just completely rework Electro. However, I personally highly doubt that Electro will be in #3, and I highly doubt that we will even get a #4. The story is done. We've covered both ends of the spectrum (hating being Spider-Man and having it consume him). What else you got? And don't just say more love jargon. I don't buys them craps.

8. spideyman101

spideyman101 Registered

Mr. Marko, you aparently don't pay attention to the comics there's:

Kraven's Last Hunt (which is a thrill)

Harry's Last Battle (whichy I beleive will be done in 3)

Peter's Daughter's Birth and Death (Peter's daughter is born dead)

Aunt May's Death

Clone Saga

Civil Wars

Man-Spider

not to mention all the villain's stories.

you put all this different stuff in the mix, and you can get a pretty great movie.

what if in 4 MJ becomes pregnant, then Lizard kidnaps her, and hits her so hard that the baby inside her is injured, and dies, then she's born and she's dead. Then Peter realizes it's Lizard's fault, then there can be a hate-story between Peter and Lizard.

I'm writing a fan script of 4 and i'm incorporating a lot of this cool stuff in there.

9. Dragon

Dragon No Way as Way

The Ultimate look IS some safe generic black costume as in the X-men movies. Mark Bagley sucks.

I say go with a more real world design based on the original.

10. Dragon

Dragon No Way as Way

Not one of those stories you've listed would make for a good film, IMO.

Kraven's Last Hunt was too stolid and dark and had very little action. And the audience certainly wouldn't buy into the villain committing suicide before being defeated by the hero (One of the weaknesses of the storyline itself).

Similar with the others. Too dark and depressing for mainstream audiences (May's death? THE BABY'S DEATH????). Little opportunity for action setpieces (Think the train fight in Spidey 2).

Movies are only two hours long. Something as convoluted as The Clone Saga could never be condensed in a menaingful way in that time span. sure, you could do a movie with spidey being cloned, but all o the dramatic elements, built upon previous storylines wiould have to be jettisoned.

11. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

If GG could get away with looking like a foolish power ranger reject on screen whilst holding onto a slight shred of residual respect, then electro can pull off his 616 costume on screen. I dont care for how silly people may think he looks. What I do care about is adhereing closely to the original source material and being entertained at the same time.

12. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Mark Bagley does not suck.

13. HBW

HBW Guest

The original source material looked bad 30 years ago...it sucks terribly, now. The looks for a lot of characters are lame, but Electro is one of the worst. I'm more concerned with adhering closely to the source material's spirit and characters rather than their horrible costumes. I say change it to something like Ultimate but with a little more flair.

14. Wallcrawler383

Wallcrawler383 Registered

I like the look he had in the MTV show, but his origin was far different then from what we know. The ultimate look is good, and isnt abundantly yellow.

All in all, if we just continue with the spidey movies, Id love to see Electro.

15. Venom 1988

Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

I really dont see how Green Goblin looks like a power ranger, seeing as they look nothing alike. I understand that it doesnt looks great(though I dont mind it), but really now.

Green Goblin- green metal military suit, with a metal goblin mask
    Power Ranger- white designed fabric(rubber, whatever it is), with a helmet.

16. Ultimate Movie-Man

Ultimate Movie-Man Registered

[​IMG]

I like this, but if ever Electro ever reached the screen, I don't think any costumes would matter, they'd probably make a costume from scratch