The Punisher: Official Thread

Doesn't this belong in the Marvel Movies forum? Hunter?

Last edited:
a stupid blink-of-an-eye romantic subplot between Castle and Joan.

I don't think that was supposed to be romantic at all. I think it was very much supposed to show how far gone he was. Before we saw how far gone he was.

Punisher 89 and Punisher 08 were awesome

I dont think it gets near enough love especially from so called Punisher fans as its the PERFECT Punisher film. I have no idea what they think Franks story is but it isn't an overwrought Shakespear play.

You get Frank not giving monolouges and using harsh brutal violence with people exploding left and right.

How this "isn't" the Punisher, I have no idea.

I enjoyed all three of The Punisher movies, with the 2004 one being my favorite and PWZ being a runner-up. I didn't mind the changes being made to Frank's origin in the 2004 movie and actually favor the 2004 origin over the comic. I liked how Frank fought back against his family's attackers in it, dug the origin for the skull and also thought the origin as a whole was more tragic. Although I like Ray Stevenson a lot as The Punisher and think he did well (and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him return), I still think Thomas Jane is the best overall. I just think he better embodied the character as a whole and had more of a presence, and he had a good balance of being both a physically and psychologically menacing vigilante. I do enjoy all three Punisher movies though and all three actors, and I hope we can get another Punisher film one day. Such a shame the character's had rotten luck getting a consistant film series :(

I liked the Dolph one when I was a kid but don't really remember it, I love the Jane and Stevenson ones, two of my favorite comic book based films actually. Both severely underrated.

Could be. At least for theatre releases anyway. They could come out with a series of straight to DVD Punisher sequels. As long as they keep Ray Stevenson in the role and keep in the spirit of the comics, I think it would do okay.

They should do this , I'd be on board.

Just finished watching Punisher: War Zone for the first time. Comparing it to Punisher '04, I thought P'04's best parts were better than P:WZ's best parts and P'04's worst parts were way, way, way worse than P:WZ's worst parts. Ultimately, I think P:WZ is the better movie, but it was just a tad too campy for me. Not a bad movie at all, just could have been easily made a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"