The Matrix Resurrections

The cover from Haunt might be my favorite version.

The first time I heard that song was either in the Matrix or the actually hellbilly deluxe album. can't really remember, but yeah it still kicks so much ass.

even after all these years Rob Zombie is a mainstay on my main spotify playlist. Living Dead Girl is one of my favorites.

Since we're playing..

Who has two thumbs and definitely listened to this song a bunch when I was getting my Matrix hype on in high school? This guy.

tenor.gif

At the time I thought Pts.OF.Athrty by Linkin Park was from the Animatrix soundtrack or the other Matrix films, but it turns out it was the track Session for Reloaded.

At the time I thought Pts.OF.Athrty by Linkin Park was from the Animatrix soundtrack or the other Matrix films, but it turns out it was the track Session for Reloaded.

Having rewatched Reloaded this weekend, "Session" does in fact play during the credits.

What a time, eh?

Since we're playing..

Who has two thumbs and definitely listened to this song a bunch when I was getting my Matrix hype on in high school? This guy.

tenor.gif

Oh man, this song is still good! haha just listening to it brings me back to the early 2000s. If i could describe what that time was like with a sound, it'd be this song.

Oh man, this song is still good! haha just listening to it brings me back to the early 2000s. If i could describe what that time was like with a sound, it'd be this song.

I love me some early 00s nu-metal and I'm done pretending that I don't, haha.

It's occurring to me that of all these franchise 'legacy sequels' of late, the Matrix is the first one to happen for something that really feels like it belongs to my generation in a sense. The original Star Wars trilogy was before most of us were born. I was 13-17 for the original Matrix and sequels so it really was my cinematic 'coming of age' in a lot of ways, and holds a more special place for that reason.

And unlike Star Wars which aimed to be timeless, The Matrix wore the pop culture and subculture influences of the time on its sleeve. Makes me all the more interested to see what the heck a 2021 Matrix film is going to feel like.

It's occurring to me that of all these franchise 'legacy sequels' of late, the Matrix is the first one to happen for something that really feels like it belongs to my generation in a sense. The original Star Wars trilogy was before most of us were born. I was 13-17 for the original Matrix and sequels so it really was my cinematic 'coming of age' in a lot of ways, and holds a more special place for that reason.

And unlike Star Wars that aimed to be timeless, The Matrix wore the pop culture and subculture influences of the time on its sleeve. Makes me all the more interested to see what the heck a 2021 Matrix film is going to feel like.
You and me both! I miss those days haha and the music too. The Matrix coincided with a nera for movies, music, and video games for myself. Every time I hear something even remotely nu metal, like Godsmack or even something like Evanesence, I get a flood of memories of the Matrix. They're all related to me!

And unlike Star Wars which aimed to be timeless, The Matrix wore the pop culture and subculture influences of the time on its sleeve. Makes me all the more interested to see what the heck a 2021 Matrix film is going to feel like.

I credit the Matrix for my obsession with designer sunglasses and long coats.

Just as long as this movie has heart, actually has something to say and is not just a cash grab, I’m willing to jack back in and see where it goes.
E4AB4705-4D2C-4E23-A93E-172F022FDF13.gif

You and me both! I miss those days haha and the music too. The Matrix coincided with a nera for movies, music, and video games for myself. Every time I hear something even remotely nu metal, like Godsmack or even something like Evanesence, I get a flood of memories of the Matrix. They're all related to me!

Oh man...I feel you. I once edited was a video montage for the Matrix trilogy set to a Disturbed song on Windows Movie Maker, LOL. It worked out cause I ended up pursuing video as a career and that was the first thing I ever attempted to edit. But...yeah. It all blends for me too.

giphy.gif

My hair is about to turn as white as Colonel Sanders The Architect's after watching that. Thanks for that!

Last edited:
Oh man...I feel you. I once edited was a video montage for the Matrix trilogy set to a Disturbed song on Windows Movie Maker, LOL. It worked out cause I ended up pursuing video as a career and that was the first thing I ever attempted to edit. But...yeah. It all blends for me too.
Oh dude I made a tribute video on youtube in 2006 with Criminal from Disturbed playing over it haha. I feel you.

I'm just putting it out there, cause I think people forget that, maybe because they were younger when they saw the films and they were among the first R-rated films they saw.
Speaking of, why was The Matrix even rated R in the first place? It's not even like a Terminator 2 situation where you can pinpoint the R rating to the scenes where the T-1000 is stabbing people in the face. I can understand Reloaded being R because of the sex scene/weird Zion orgy rave, same with Revolutions because it had the most graphic and bloody violence of the trilogy, but the first one might as well be PG-13 for me, and not even a hard PG-13 at that. I'd even go so far as to say that Avengers: Endgame had more graphic violence in it, and that was a Disney release. Nobody got decapitated or had their throat slashed in The Matrix. :o

Speaking of, why was The Matrix even rated R in the first place? It's not even like a Terminator 2 situation where you can pinpoint the R rating to the scenes where the T-1000 is stabbing people in the face. I can understand Reloaded being R because of the sex scene/weird Zion orgy rave, same with Revolutions because it had the most graphic and bloody violence of the trilogy, but the first one might as well be PG-13 for me, and not even a hard PG-13 at that. I'd even go so far as to say that Avengers: Endgame had more graphic violence in it, and that was a Disney release. Nobody got decapitated or had their throat slashed in The Matrix. :o

Two words. Lobby scene.

To be honest, I love the scene but it still even kind makes me wince a bit today... particularly when Neo just wastes a bunch of totally innocent and unsuspecting blue pilled security guards. Not very Jesus-y of him lol.

Two words. Lobby scene.

To be honest, I love the scene but it still even kind makes me wince a bit today... particularly when Neo just wastes a bunch of totally innocent and unsuspecting blue pilled security guards. Not very Jesus-y of him lol.
I forgot about those guys.

bd369350d927a1fd6c0b70da57e58e93.gif

Morpheus is beaten pretty horrifically by Smith. A couple of headbutts were cut from UK versions for a while. Tank and Dozer are pretty graphically wounded. The films are pretty slick but tonally quite dark and don't shy from the violence. The opening with Trinity has her shatter a cop's arm in a stylish albeit still violent manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"