• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Matrix Resurrections

I'm not feeling this movie at all.
The trailer better be extraordinary because maybe not even that will get me excited about this sequel. Was anyone really clamoring another Matrix movie?

Can only echo what others have written, in that it’s great to see a new addition to the franchise from one of the original creators.

Sequel flaws aside, the Matrix still remains near the very top of my favourite films ever, and I’m hugely intrigued by something new. The Matrix universe has so much vast potential which I don’t think they ever really tapped into on screen - I know some of the books and animated works explored the backstory of the original human/machine war but I imagine only a small portion of the original theatre audience saw them. The story obviously didn’t have to end with Neo’s sacrifice, as we know both the machines and humans continued to survive and there’s so many directions it could go from there.

I just hope it’s an original/unique story and not a replay of events from previous films . I’d hate to see it go down the Terminator route and essentially keep dressing up the same basic story over and over; asides from Salvation, I don’t think any of the other films have ever tried to do anything drastically different and a lot of the storytelling potential of the Terminator universe has been squandered.

E3-0tIFVUAEBD9-

Holy Wowsa so it's called resurrections? Where did it screen? Who is this person? Good chance of some sneaky spoilers coming out soon. I'm nervous

This isn't new.

The "Resurrections" title had leaked months ago (back in January) on an Instagram photo from the film's make-up artist. - on some form of merch.

Holy Wowsa so it's called resurrections? Where did it screen? Who is this person? Good chance of some sneaky spoilers coming out soon. I'm nervous
I believe ViewerAnon used to actually be a member here when Justice League test screenings were happening and mentioned specific things like Superman's "I'm a big fan of justice" line which nobody at the time believed because it sounded too dumb lol. As far as random internet scoopers go, I'd say they're a legit one.

Despite its many faults, I thoroughly enjoyed Cloud Atlas, but like flickchick85 said, why not compare it to one of the other films in the series? I need to know if this is more like Reloaded or Revolutions, but it sounds like more of the latter which has me concerned.

Don't think too hard about them citing non-Matrix comparisons. To my eye they're just picking the best modern examples to fit the filmmaker's output. Cloud Atlas is considered weird but good and Juptier was weird and bad. Receptions to the Matrix sequels are too mixed, and they're too closely related to each-other to be effective tent-poles in the Wachowski catalogue.

I fear this film is going to have Last Jedi level discourse and division so I wish everyone luck with that. I reckon there is a 98% chance that Lana will have responded to the real life 'red pills' and their idiocy in some way.

I have yet to see Cloud Atlas, so I don't really know what to go by with that, but everything else sounds exactly what I was hoping for. It being weird and ambitious is all I need to hear and I'm pumped.

btw, apparently someone who saw it said it was the best Matrix sequel. and they weren't a fan of the other 2 films.

Last edited:
I believe ViewerAnon used to actually be a member here when Justice League test screenings were happening and mentioned specific things like Superman's "I'm a big fan of justice" line which nobody at the time believed because it sounded too dumb lol. As far as random internet scoopers go, I'd say they're a legit one.
ViewerAnon, pretty much prepared me for what to expect with that 2hr trailer for Justice League. If not for him my reaction to that trailer would not have been as warm as it was.

Woah woah woah what have I missed here *reads thread frantically*

Alright, well regardless of whether it's legit or not, that is precisely what I expect from this movie. Weird, ambitious to a fault, insane, but fascinating. If that's indeed how the movie is I'll be very happy, as a huge fan of The Matrix universe. The idea that it's surprisingly funny also somehow doesn't surprise me. There's a dry sense of humor to Reloaded IMO. Also just the fact that the production name for this was "Project Ice Cream" haha. Just feels to me like Lana wants to make a bonkers movie with huge ideas while having some fun with it. Which is always what The Matrix was about to me, IMO. Also, has anybody ever seen the ending to The Path of Neo game? This should give you a frame of reference into how the W's think, their sense of humor and how they view their own franchise:

Queued it up, but starts at 23:50. Also, check out 35:30 for their alternate ending to the trilogy set to "We Are the Champions". LOL, I f**in' love it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cloud Atlas be a reference point, as The Matrix Trilogy already dealt heavily with themes of reincarnation, Cloud Atlas went full tilt with it, and one of the only things we know about this film is that the dead characters are back.

Last edited:
So it'll be good mixed reception, not bad mixed reception. The Last Jedi, somebody is gunning for you!

Threads and threads of Neo isn't heroic like he was back in the original trilogy etc. lol

So it'll be good mixed reception, not bad mixed reception. The Last Jedi, somebody is gunning for you!

Threads and threads of Neo isn't heroic like he was back in the original trilogy etc. lol

This is a movie being written and directed by a transgender person who resents the way the "red pill" idea has been co-opted by certain people. You can be damn sure that a certain type of fan will not like this movie. I'll be ready with popcorn. :funny:

This is a movie being written and directed by a transgender person who resents the way the "red pill" idea has been co-opted by certain people. You can be damn sure that a certain type of fan will not like this movie. I'll be ready with popcorn. :funny:
Honestly, I hope that's the case haha. bring it on.

My brother played that one a lot for a time. I wish I had gotten more into it haha but i did play lots of Enter the Matrix and Matrix Revolutions.

Enter the Matrix was so good! The idea of having a video game fill in canon gaps in the films was a stroke of genius. And the gameplay was actually a lot of fun. Even Marvel is only just beginning to exploit the immersive potential of multimedia storytelling. W's were ahead of their time with that.

Enter the Matrix was so good! The idea of having a video game fill in canon gaps in the films was a stroke of genius. And the gameplay was actually a lot of fun. Even Marvel is only just beginning to exploit the immersive potential of multimedia storytelling. W's were ahead of their time with that.
Oh yeah! Dude I even pre ordered that game from EB Games (when we had one here in the US, which was then combined with gamestop). The hype was big for that game, and i loved the live action cutscenes in between.

I want to see Enter The Matrix remade. Dated as hell but I'd play the hell out of a new Matrix action game, and this one made use of a ton of original footage. The Oracle directly explains her change of appearance in the game, something that doesn't happen in the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"