The Matrix Resurrections

First look at Niobe!

etf48h0312s71.png

Would be amazing in one of these featurettes if one of the actors was like, “Yeah, I never really cared for the original. But hey, glad to be here!”

https://screenrant.com/venom-2-carnage-matrix-4-filming-helicopters/

In an exclusive interview with Screen Rant, Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage Location Manager Christopher Kusiak discusses how having two major blockbusters filming in the city at the same time did lead to some issues. Specifically, Venom 2 lost out on some locations simply because The Matrix 4 was filming there first. In the case of the helicopters, though, having The Matrix 4 in town was actually a benefit.

“Lots of stuff impacted filming. A lot of our driving shots went away because Matrix controlled all of downtown… We ended up moving a stunt up onto the top of the parking garage because we couldn’t get to the areas we wanted because of The Matrix. But if we would’ve been there first, it probably would’ve gone the other way.

"The helicopters were actually on the Matrix movie. The Matrix was filming at the same time so we were catching part of their activity on camera."

I would also love to know what happened Seraph too, assuming he's not in this. I always felt like Seraph and Merovingian had a history that went way back to the paradise version of the Matrix. Both became rogue programs with Seraph becoming a guardian angel figure who protects The Oracle, and Merv being a kind of devil figure who wants to destroy her. Always felt there could be a great prequel there about the two of them and the first version of the Matrix.

I always figured Seraph was an agent from the first iteration of the Matrix, who looked like angels.

Not sure it really matters either way (the originals are a pretty "soft R"), but cool. A little marginal blood here and there, some language, all good.

Loving the look of this overall though, the cinematography's close enough too. Still bummed about the composer, but too early to judge.

Not sure it really matters either way (the originals are a pretty "soft R"), but cool. A little marginal blood here and there, some language, all good.
For the first one, yeah. The sequels embraced the R-rating a little more between the Neo/Trinity sex scene in Reloaded and the very gory death of Captain Mifune in Revolutions. I was expecting nothing short of R for this one too.

I like my cyberpunk/sci-fi high-brow flicks with mature rating. With a bit of teeth. I don't want PG-13 Matrix just as much as I don't want PG-13 Robocop. I don't care if it's hard R or soft R. For me it's the question of "as much as necessary R".

Meh, that sex scene was tame. I’ve seen racier stuff in PG-13 movies.

A lot of the violence is stylised in the Matrix, but it's always been pretty gory in the real world particularly.

Tank and Dozer get horribly laser burned by Cypher in the first, an operator gets impaled in Reloaded, and Neo's eyes in Revolutions still gets a wince from me. They're not gratuitous, but tonally adult, certainly enough for an R rating.

Last edited:
So soon we will get some tv spots i guess.
Hope we dont get another trailer, keep some stuff secret.

The Matrix world has still so much left to be explored tbh. I want to see more of that world! Animatrix gave us a little taste.

2:27 seems like a really nice sweet spot if it's true. It's not crazy long, but it would still be the longest Matrix film but a decent margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"