The Matrix Resurrections

Well it's called Speed, so there has to be something fast related. I have no idea why Speed 2 wasn't about a bullet train.
If they hadn't gone with the train ending in Speed then I think we would have had a train sequel. A bomb on a passenger on a plane? Can't slow down can't land? Speed had the fun also because Annie has to drive the bus while Keanu had to defuse bombs and get passengers off the bus. I know it doesn't really need a sequel but surely there is some idea that could work. Do we keep them together or do they by coincidence by run into each other? It's a tough one.

There will inevitably be a Speed remake at some point in the near future.

I love Speed 2. I never knew it had a bad reputation until much much later.
Speed 2 is a solid so bad its good flick.

Confession time, I have seen Speed 2 a lot more than the first one, mainly because I was a little kid! Saw the original only once when I was a kid, and a couple of years ago. No idea why my mom didn’t get the first on VHS.

Much better than the sequel! Dafoe is the only reason worth watching, and he really scared the #### out of me as a kid! Man, my taste in films sucked when I was younger.

6B87E688-5B5C-401F-B42A-619126230265.png

I typed "boats 1997" into Google. I feel lied to. :csad:
71i6L1vZjiL._AC_SL1058_.jpg

519U6sRm4JL._AC_.jpg
4fb6a00e-dbaa-466d-8218-71caa08ba568_1.6487e3148de1e64e19f50d71059b5a20.jpeg

51Od2Q6p40L._AC_.jpg
977971427583268314f3088a8ca3bc4b_183682ab-be25-4204-bf7f-4d04d7e22d13_480x.progressive.jpg

51YaE72OI0L._AC_.jpg
515+xk1FOPL._AC_.jpg

51V4MSGP0JL.jpg
Deep_Rising_poster.jpg

hostile-waters-movie-cover-md.jpg
41mnG759jRL._AC_.jpg

511cdz7RBjL.jpg
220px-Hard_rain_ver3.jpg

The mid-90's were a water-happy time. :o

It was a Fox-movie so I wouldn't be surprised if Disney makes something for Disney+ eventually. Either a movie or a series

It was a Fox-movie so I wouldn't be surprised if Disney makes something for Disney+ eventually. Either a movie or a series
Haha you are probably right about this though I must admit I chuckled out loudly when I read the "series" part of your post. Honestly wouldn't even surprise me these days if they found a way to make a series out of a "bus can't slow down or it will blow up" premise. :funny:

There better not be.

on the topic of Speed 2, I've only seen the movie once and it was when I was a young kid. Barely remember anything!

Whoa. I never knew that Stahelski got his start as Keanu’s stunt double.

Seems like a fake plot leak...

First of all even all of these are true that means they screwed on the matrix timeline. If 60 years past since truce and Neo aged only 20 years ok that make sense because of the machines technology and deep sleep but Niobe! She must be between 30-35 years old min. when the truce start. because Morpheus and Niobe's life experience and common memories. She can't be like 90-100 years old make no sense. Niobe was on the train that trailer scene. That women facing back is Niobe! Seems 40-50 years old women to me from her weight and moves. No logic here.

View attachment 49117

I am not relaying second hand info - i actually watched the movie.

Also,
Niobe
is not in the train in the trailer scene. Its one of Bugs's crew.

Also,
Niobe
As someone who watched it, do you really expect the reaction to be that mixed? Or do you expect Matrix fans to love it, more or less?

As someone who watched it, do you really expect the reaction to be that mixed? Or do you expect Matrix fans to love it, more or less?
It really depends on what you are going in expecting.

Do you want a movie which will erase Reloaded and Revolutions completely and just start after the first movie pretending nothing in between has happened? You will hate it

Do you love New Nightmare and the approach it took to reinventing the Elm Street franchise? You will love it

Do you have a head-canon of what exactly should and should not happen in the movie? Please don't go watch it

Are you expecting a movie which is Force Awakens (basically the same plot with younger characters)? This isn't it.

The movie fixes a lot of issues most fans had with Reloaded and Revolutions. And as I have said before, the second act will make or break the movie. The same plot points happen twice in the second act because they want to make sure we are getting it, if they took the audience feedback and tightened the second act up - this will be very well received and huge. The opening hour and the ending sequence are both great.

Do you want a movie which will erase Reloaded and Revolutions completely and just start after the first movie pretending nothing in between has happened? You will hate it

Do you love New Nightmare and the approach it took to reinventing the Elm Street franchise? You will love it

Do you have a head-canon of what exactly should and should not happen in the movie? Please don't go watch it

Are you expecting a movie which is Force Awakens (basically the same plot with younger characters)? This isn't it.

The movie fixes a lot of issues most fans had with Reloaded and Revolutions. And as I have said before, the second act will make or break the movie. The same plot points happen twice in the second act because they want to make sure we are getting it, if they took the audience feedback and tightened the second act up - this will be very well received and huge. The opening hour and the ending sequence are both great.
Nice. Well, for me personally, I love the whole trilogy (first film obviously being my fave) and I also loved New Nightmare and how refreshing it was, so with all that in mind, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up loving this too. I also admire ambition with films, even if it doesn't always work out perfectly.

As a lover of the trilogy, a movie that tried to pull that would be the exact thing that would make me dislike it. Check.

I love Wes Craven, and I'm interested in the meta angle but I think this is the one area where I'm slightly nervous and just hope it's done in a way that doesn't completely break canon. But based on your above comment about this not erasing the sequels, I'm feeling rather at ease about it. I've always thought the Matrix movies were funnier and wackier than people tend to talk about, so I think some self-referential humor can work in the franchise.

Hell naw. I have no idea where is this going at all and that's what excites me.

Music to my ears.

All in all, this sounds f***ing great IMO. Perhaps a mixture of a big ambitious swing and something that might actually be a crowd pleaser. Just like the original. Would be wonderful if that's how it plays.

The meta aspect and comparison to New Nightmare is the most exciting aspect of this to me. Really curious to see what that means in context. Feels like one of those bold, make or break type of choices and I'm here for it.

Also,
Niobe

What about...

Niobe? even her old look makeup can't figure out that timeline problem. Also there are no critic about Merovingian, i bet he's gonna be the main villian. so still seems a fake plot leak to me. ^^

I heard a rumor a few years back about a Speed 3 involving Jack & Annie taking on terrorists who have a scheme involving tactical helicopters.

What about...

Niobe? even her old look makeup can't figure out that timeline problem. Also there are no critic about Merovingian, i bet he's gonna be the main villian. so still seems a fake plot leak to me. ^^

Merovingian is literally in one scene. He has no effect on the movie at all.

He's a homeless man in this version of the Matrix but one who remembers when he used to live in luxury.

Niobe is just old and the leader of the city of Io. Not much else to the timeline there. Maybe if you place her as 25 during Reloaded, she would be 85 now. That's not that hard to believe considering people like Dianne Feinstein are still in the Senate at age 88.

I’m really digging what I’m hearing.

Merovingian is literally in one scene. He has no effect on the movie at all.

He's a homeless man in this version of the Matrix but one who remembers when he used to live in luxury.

Niobe is just old and the leader of the city of Io. Not much else to the timeline there. Maybe if you place her as 25 during Reloaded, she would be 85 now. That's not that hard to believe considering people like Dianne Feinstein are still in the Senate at age 88.

Allright...

I'm %100 positive sure rightnow, it's just a fake plot leak hehe. cuz I knew Neo's gonna meet again with Merovingian. i saw in the trailer Merovingian was snapping his fingers. Merovingian always wear a ring on his left hand but in the trailer the ring was on his right hand so it's just a mirror effect. I compared the fingers of Lambert Wilson, who was a guest on a recent French television show, with the image. Nail and finger structure was exactly the same hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"