Transformers The Megatron Appreciation Thread

I guess its just personal taste, IMo Weaving was superb and delivered his lines perfectly.

Don't get me wrong. I liked his voice and I do think that he did a get job as Megatron, but the TF fan in me would've loved to have heard Welker in the role again, so I can't help but wish that Welker had gotten the role.

But I am holding out hope that, at the very least, he'll be cast as Soundwave. Frank Welker really does deserve, much like Cullen did, to have direct involvement with the film franchise.

Well, it's not bad to have humans play a big part in movies, but the TF will probably be a little more involved than before.

Megatron should get an upgrade in the second movie & be killed for good in the second movie. We should see Barricade take up for Megatron as the leader in the third movie. As much as I like Megatron, he probably shouldn't be in all three movies.

Personally, I think that if the Decepticons do get a new leader in TF2, I'm hoping it is Shockwave. I would want them to model him after his portrayal in the Marvel Comics series, where he was basicly an evil Spock who was shown to be one of the most powerful TF's.

I still want either Starscream or Barricade to lead the Decepticons. Barricade is totally ruthless & could make a great leader.

Don't get me wrong. I liked his voice and I do think that he did a get job as Megatron, but the TF fan in me would've loved to have heard Welker in the role again, so I can't help but wish that Welker had gotten the role.

But I am holding out hope that, at the very least, he'll be cast as Soundwave. Frank Welker really does deserve, much like Cullen did, to have direct involvement with the film franchise.

I know what you mean, but for me, Weaving was better and more convincing than Welker ever was for me. Weavings voice sounds powerful and authorative were as Welkers never convinced me.

I do hope he voices Soundwave though.

Weavings vocie is better than Welker's, which is why I wanted Weaving to have voiced Megatron in the game too.

^Agreed, Weaving's voice just sounds more powerful and authorative, and i think he will return as the voice for the sequel.

I'm sure he'd love to return. Personally, I don't think Welker's voice is good enough for Megatron. Well, at least not for the movies.

^Agreed, it was okay for the cartoon, but Weaving's voice is better for the movie in every way IMO, it just sounds more evil, more authorative, and so fits the character more.

Agreed. I feel that every villain that is somewhat of a main character needs to have some sort of deep voice. This is one of the main reasons why I dislike Freeza from DBZ (off-topic, I know).

I'm sure he'd love to return. Personally, I don't think Welker's voice is good enough for Megatro. Well, at least not for the movies.

I'd have to disagree because I think once Welker's voice had under went the amount of sound processing that Weaving's did, I think he would've had the same effect.

Not really, as most of the time different voices still sound different even after being altered through sound processing. I still prefer Weaving over Welker though, he sounds much more badass & much more like a leader.

Not really, as most of the time different voices still sound different even after being altered through sound processing. I still prefer Weaving over Welker though, he sounds much more badass & much more like a leader.

But my rationale is that I think that once Welker's voice was given the same boost that Weaving's had, I think he would've sounded fine.

Well, as I've said at least three times now, that's YOUR opinion, not mine so don't try to force your opinion onto me. I don't like Welker's voice for Megatron, end of story.

Well, as I've said at least three times now, that's YOUR opinion, not mine so don't try to force your opinion onto me. I don't like Welker's voice for Megatron, end of story.

I'm not trying to force my opinion on you. I'm just stating my reasons as to why I would've prefered Welker.

And that's okay, but you were trying to make as if I should be thinking the same thing.

Welker's voice as Megatron has kind of grown on me but I'll choice Weaving over Welker for the live action movies anyday.

Well, let's just move on. No need to get stuck on it, right?

As I said before, I don't have a problem with Welker's voice as he did a terrific job as Megatron for the game but I feel that they should keep Weaving for the movies & if he should jump ship, Welker should be cast.

I was watching the behind-the-scenes stuff the other day and it showed Weaving recording the voice. He nearly sounded just like he did in the movie. It seems like they didn't need to change his voice much. If so, he's even cooler than I thought.

I just realised (I'm slow) that my 2 favourite villains of all time are both played by Aussies. Megatron and Joker. We are so cool. :grin:

Well, let's just move on. No need to get stuck on it, right?

As I said before, I don't have a problem with Welker's voice as he did a terrific job as Megatron for the game but I feel that they should keep Weaving for the movies & if he should jump ship, Welker should be cast.

What are you thoughts on Welker getting cast as Soundwave?

I was watching the behind-the-scenes stuff the other day and it showed Weaving recording the voice. He nearly sounded just like he did in the movie. It seems like they didn't need to change his voice much. If so, he's even cooler than I thought.

It seems to me that the pitch of his voice was heavily lowered. But I would agree that his unaltered voice still sounded very similar to what we heard in the movie.

Hugo Weaving it one of the greatest Australian actors ever.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :yay:

Well, to be honest, I can't really say because I'm totally new to Transformers & I still need to learn who some of the people are. However, in any case, it's good that he's been cast in the movie. Just another role added on to his long list of involvement in movies/TV shows.

I just realised (I'm slow) that my 2 favourite villains of all time are both played by Aussies. Megatron and Joker. We are so cool. :grin:

I was surprised that this was the case with both Weaving and Cullen, their voices werent actually altered as much as i thought when watching the movie the first few times.

I think he should be cast as Soundwave, but Soundwave's voice was probably the one that was altered the most in the cartoon so i dont think it would matter if they cast him or not. Would be nice to see Welker involved in some way though, but i say keep Weaving as Megatron.

I was surprised that this was the case with both Weaving and Cullen, their voices werent actually altered as much as i thought when watching the movie the first few times.

I think he should be cast as Soundwave, but Soundwave's voice was probably the one that was altered the most in the cartoon so i dont think it would matter if they cast him or not. Would be nice to see Welker involved in some way though, but i say keep Weaving as Megatron.

Yep, for some reason it seems that Weaving is perfect for pulling off a deep & really evil voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"