Transformers The Michael Bay Shot - Did you like it?

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
Well, we all know (should) know what the Michael Bay shot is.
It's a slow motion shot that circles around one of the main characters (not the case in Transformers). In Bad Boys, after Will Smith rescues Martin Lawrence from getting hit with the car, they stand up in slow motion, while the camera revolves around them. In The Rock, the scene happens when Nick Cage gets out of the car after chasing Sean Connery. In Bad Boys 2, it happens when Martin Lawrence gets the call from the drug lord that his sister has been captured. There is a slow motion shot revolving around Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.

I personally think that all of these shots are golden. I loved it in Transformers, too. If I am mistaken in what the Bay shot in this film was, please correct me/tell Hunter Rider to correct it for me, but I'm pretty sure that I am right about this one.

In Transformers, the scene is when Ironhide is shooting and lunges over the lady in the blue dress in slow motion.

It would probably have to be that one, or the slow shot of Optimus transforming for the first time.

But that shot with Ironhide was awesome. Did you see the look on that lady's face?

It was really a perfect reaction, not cheesy by no means, which i was sure it would be from the TV spot.

That was hands down one of the BEST shots in the entire film.

I can't wait for someone to make an animated gif of it.

The shots were too bright this time around. How did those get past post?

The scene was pure perfection!!! So amazing and not one bit cheesy.

I liked it. At first, I thought "why didn't she just move out of the way?" but then I started thinking "maybe her leg's broken or something". Either way, cool shot. :up:

I liked it. At first, I thought "why didn't she just move out of the way?" but then I started thinking "maybe her leg's broken or something". Either way, cool shot. :up:

I think it happened so quickly that she wouldn't even have time to react.

By the way, wasn't there another Michael Bay moment!!

When the camera pans back and forth between Frenzy and the characters in the 'radio room' as they were shooting at each other...that was also a Michael Bay moment.

Not as great as the slow motion blue dress girl with Ironhide, but still Michael Bay.

By the way, wasn't there another Michael Bay moment!!

When the camera pans back and forth between Frenzy and the characters in the 'radio room' as they were shooting at each other...that was also a Michael Bay moment.

OMG! SOOO TURE!!!!!!!!!

thats was so cool!:woot:

Doesn't bother me. It was like a John Woo scene. But with a huge robot.

The classic Bay hero shot was NOT in the movie, wtf are you guys talking about....?

Bay's very visually-stimulating style fits TRANSFORMERS
however, Bay has a visual style that loves to use shaky shots
some of the shaky shots has somehow diminished the impact of some of its great fight scenes
nevertheless, it was a very minimal demerit, & still, i loved the movie

The classic Bay hero shot was NOT in the movie, wtf are you guys talking about....?

FINE, THEN I NOMINATE THE IRONHIDE/BLUE DRESS HOTTIE SHOT AS A NEW BAY SHOT, ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE, ALL APPOSED, NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK!!!:o:oldrazz::D:up:

The shots were too bright this time around. How did those get past post?

I'm dead serious - that was the first thing I thought after I saw the film. The sun seemed like it was 17 times closer to the earth than it should be. Just like it was in The Island.

The Shot of Ironhide jumping over the lady was stupid and useless besides her rack.

I understand that it was there to show that even amidst a huge battle the Autobots still have respect for a protect human life, but I felt that shot was lame and stupid.

Look below.

Well, we all know (should) know what the Michael Bay shot is.
It's a slow motion shot that circles around one of the main characters (not the case in Transformers).

This was still the shot.
It just wasn't around a main character.
Besides, there are some that say that there was a hero shot with Optimus. I think it was probably when Prime first transformed, but it didn't stand out like the Ironhide scene.

The Shot of Ironhide jumping over the lady was stupid and useless besides her rack.

I understand that it was there to show that even amidst a huge battle the Autobots still have respect for a protect human life, but I felt that shot was lame and stupid.

hard to please some people eh?:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"