Transformers Doesn't look like Michael Clark Duncan liked the crap 'Bay' was cooking either!

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
It's on the home page but Michael Ckark Duncan has declined(?)let go(?) from the Transformers cast list.

However, one thing he was clear about was that he's not starring in Transformers, even though it's been reported he is, because he couldn't reach an agreement with director Michael Bay.

"Believe me. Trust me when I say I wanted to do that movie. Trust me when I say I wanted to do 'Transformers.' I'm a big kid at heart. I watched 'Transformers.' That was one of my favorite cartoons. Optimus Prime was one of my favorite characters and to be head of a Navy Seal team going in and fighting these gigantic robots would have been perfect. But, we just, I don't know. It was oil and water. It just did not mix and I wanted it to. Me and Michael Bay talked but we were on two different pages. I told him I was really sad because I said 'you know I'm coming to do good work.' I said 'you already know that. You won't have an actor that comes in high and that doesn't know his work.' I said 'you know that I'm coming to do good work.' We just couldn't get it together."

It sounds to me that Bay is cooking up some really ****ed up ideas as Duncan saids he's also a fan, and that they couldn't see eye to eye(?). So apparently one of the two has lost sight of what G1 Transformers is sopposed to be...my guess is Bay...:mad:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=4484

Reach much? He's talking about his part in the movie, not the movie as a whole.

He also got screwed by Micheal Bay before, his part in "the island" was cut down to the point where it seemed like a cameo.

Yet in the same article he goes out of his way to praise Bay.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
It's on the home page but Michael Ckark Duncan has declined(?)let go(?) from the Transformers cast list.

It sounds to me that Bay is cooking up some really ****ed up ideas as Duncan saids he's also a fan, and that they couldn't see eye to eye(?). So apparently one of the two has lost sight of what G1 Transformers is sopposed to be...my guess is Bay...:mad:

I love it when people assume the worst out of these things. Or should I say, read way to much into them. Nowhere does it even point to anything about this being because of the way the movie is going to be played out. Some people have nothing better to do than makes things worse before giving them a fair chance!

geomon said:

As one does in Hollywood. It's a world of it's own, where rivers are flowing with money and noses are brown.

old news........

and bay isnt making crap...you are

Wow...Duncan being a fan and loving Optimus is great. Him not being able to reach an agreement on his role is very unfortunate...or was he too much of a fan and didn't want to be part of a movie that tarnishes his image of Optimus Prime? Possibility.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:

Did you really really read that or just skim it for your name?

It's funny how people like to stir up trouble when there insn't any. Isn't that right, Golgo.

geomon said:

It's called professional courtesy. He may have to or want to work with Bay later on in his career..... and the rest of you guys obviously don't know how to read Inbetween the lines...:o

Sounds like MCD is gutted that he missed out and is looking forward to the film,nothing more

theisland1.jpg

I know it's cool to trash Bay, but I went back over the last week and watched the infamous **** films he's directed (Armageddon, Pearl Harbor) as well as a few others, and I have to say I think a few things are being overlooked.

Most people seem to agree that for action sequences he's not such a bad choice, but it's the non action and overall schlock that makes up the remaining contents of his films that are terrible. While I pretty much agree, I found it noteworthy that he isn't writing these movies. While I'd prefer to see a director who's been a little more choosy with the projects he takes on, I think the fact he isn't wrting these things is important. There's hope that the writing team can do it's work like it should, and Bay just needs to get the imagery across (something I think he's pretty good at.)

With Spielberg being onboard, I'm even a little more confident this movie can be done right.

I'm not going to hate this movie yet just because alt modes have changed. If the story ends up being rich and compelling, I don't so much care if the alt modes have been altered or if the transformers are a little more bionicle than I'm used to or would personally prefer. The individual Transformers are a good mix of unique and diverse characters, and if we can get a well written charcter driven story with good mixes of action, then that to me would be a much bigger sell than seeing them make sure every detail of the film matched G1... right down to the high doses of corniness I've come to notice in hindsight.

Really, as I go back and watch some of the G1 episodes I have a few things become clear to me: a) I can definitely see why I loved them so much when I was a kid and b) you could never get me to pay to see a movie that failed to deviate from G1 where necessary (and in some cases beyond what's necessary) due to it's being so dated now. There was a lot of cheese on that sandwich.......

ragdus said:
I know it's cool to trash Bay, but I went back over the last week and watched the infamous **** films he's directed (Armageddon, Pearl Harbor) as well as a few others, and I have to say I think a few things are being overlooked.

Most people seem to agree that for action sequences he's not such a bad choice, but it's the non action and overall schlock that makes up the remaining contents of his films that are terrible. While I pretty much agree, I found it noteworthy that he isn't writing these movies. While I'd prefer to see a director who's been a little more choosy with the projects he takes on, I think the fact he isn't wrting these things is important. There's hope that the writing team can do it's work like it should, and Bay just needs to get the imagery across (something I think he's pretty good at.)

With Spielberg being onboard, I'm even a little more confident this movie can be done right.

I'm not going to hate this movie yet just because alt modes have changed. If the story ends up being rich and compelling, I don't so much care if the alt modes have been altered or if the transformers are a little more bionicle than I'm used to or would personally prefer. The individual Transformers are a good mix of unique and diverse characters, and if we can get a well written charcter driven story with good mixes of action, then that to me would be a much bigger sell than seeing them make sure every detail of the film matched G1... right down to the high doses of corniness I've come to notice in hindsight.

Really, as I go back and watch some of the G1 episodes I have a few things become clear to me: a) I can definitely see why I loved them so much when I was a kid and b) you could never get me to pay to see a movie that failed to deviate from G1 where necessary (and in some cases beyond what's necessary) due to it's being so dated now. There was a lot of cheese on that sandwich.......

good post,i agree:up:

Eh, I'm not sure I'm liking the idea of humans fighting the Transformers.

It's one of the main reasons why I wish they'd focus on the Autobots and the Decepticons as a complete entity. Believe me when I say that I'll give this movie a chance and I'll check it out on opening night.

However in the sequels they need to focus on the machines and don't involve any humans at all.

For me I'd like to see The Transformers: The Movie storyline put into live action. It's a perfect example of how to focus on the machines and allow the audience to care about them, their cause, and how unique they are in retrospect.

The only Bay films I really enjoy are The Rock and Armageddon. You can't compare them to Transformers though.

I like the idea of injecting humans into the mix, but I've got a way I'd like to see it done. I haven't read the script reviews so i don't know what they're planning on, but...

I think you could add a lot more depth and meaning to the story if you've got the autobots trying to fight off the decepticons AND overreactionary humans in order to save the humans. It makes their struggle more difficult and noble at the same time. Let's face it, humans are a fearful lot and if 50ft robots started popping up and fighting we wouldn't take the time to discern who's good or bad, we'd try our damndest to eliminate every one of them. That makes the autobots fight and any resulting sacrifices so much more dramatic, powerful, and admirable. Save the human relations for later flicks if you HAVE to have a bunch of humans in the story.

LastSunrise1981 said:
The only Bay films I really enjoy are The Rock and Armageddon. You can't compare them to Transformers though.

I think the Island was pretty good also. I know a number of people who also enjoyed it. It's just a shame that it flopped horribly.

Also the first Bad Boys was very entertaining.

I loved the Rock, Sean Connery was the man

xwolverine2 said:
and bay isnt making crap...you are

If you're correct, it will be the first time he's not made crap. He's one of the worst directors working today, and can take anything and turn it into cliched crap.

I loved the Transformers when I was a kid. I had soooo many of them. I however have ZERO faith in this. Bay's ego will likely turn this into his own opportunity to blow stuff up and present silly, over-the-top action.

As far as being "cool" to bash Bay, I don't understand that at all. I'm going by his previous works, not any lame notion of trying to be hip. Seriously, who in the world thinks it's cool to hate on a director? I think that's just an excuse his supporters come up with.

FVD said:
I think the Island was pretty good also. I know a number of people who also enjoyed it. It's just a shame that it flopped horribly.

Also the first Bad Boys was very entertaining.

Mann did Bad Boys too? Bad Boys was a very good entertaining action flick. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence have great chemistry. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"