The MMA Thread

I think Cyborg took a good shot early and Gina landed on top of her but instead of capitalizing, she stood back up. That probably cost her the fight. Even if Gina doesn't have a good ground game she could have punched her in the face a few times. I don't know if she was afraid of getting caught or what.

Yeah it's a good feeling knowing you can snap someones arm or put them to sleep via a choke, if you have to. I'm a purple belt, and there's this one chick in my class that is sssooooo hot and has the greatest personality to go with it, that i find myself letting her tap me out just for the hell of it, or letting her pull me in her guard or mount me.:woot:

I'm planning on taking BJJ classes. What's it like? Especially the first week of it?

What it if you have to defend yourself in concrete ground?

I'm planning on taking BJJ classes. What's it like? Especially the first week of it?

What it if you have to defend yourself in concrete ground?

It's great fun, and like anything in life, it is what you make of it. For the first few weeks/months, you're gonna be sore as hell, gas out really fast and feel like a fish out of water, as it makes you work muscles you didn't even know you had, but as the saying goes "you have to crawl before you can walk". This is all part of it, soon you'll be 'flowing on the ground'.

P.S - it's designed to be used on the ground via concrete. Take downs and the mount position can/will be devastating to a person that you take down onto concrete.

I think Cyborg took a good shot early and Gina landed on top of her but instead of capitalizing, she stood back up. That probably cost her the fight. Even if Gina doesn't have a good ground game she could have punched her in the face a few times. I don't know if she was afraid of getting caught or what.

I definitely think her ground game is her weakest link. We all know she's good at Muay Thai but she should focus on her Jiu Jitsu much more. As i was watching the fight, and Cyborg was ground and pounding her, i was wondering why she didn't post her feet on Cyborgs hips and push her back. BJJ ppl like myself know this is the best way to get someone off of you; Carano was on her side where she could have posted one foot, switched her hips,posted the second foot and pushed Cyborg back. Carano has strong legs judging from her front kick/foot jab, so it would have worked. Then there's the fact that she hadn't fought in a year...maybe that made the difference.....

Yeah it's a good feeling knowing you can snap someones arm or put them to sleep via a choke, if you have to. I'm a purple belt, and there's this one chick in my class that is sssooooo hot and has the greatest personality to go with it, that i find myself letting her tap me out just for the hell of it, or letting her pull me in her guard or mount me.:woot:

Yeah nothing like taking on a hot female in class. :woot:

It's great fun, and like anything in life, it is what you make of it. For the first few weeks/months, you're gonna be sore as hell, gas out really fast and feel like a fish out of water, as it makes you work muscles you didn't even know you had, but as the saying goes "you have to crawl before you can walk". This is all part of it, soon you'll be 'flowing on the ground'.

Thanks... What I love about BJJ is you don't have to be physically strong to defeat a bigger and stronger opponent as proven by Gracie and I am not strong. :yay:

P.S - it's designed to be used on the ground via concrete. Take downs and the mount position can/will be devastating to a person that you take down onto concrete.

Good to know. Very handy at places like the parking lot where the ground is concrete. :woot:

It was horrible!!!! She just kept hitting her in her beautiful face!!! It's like Cyborg wanted to make Gina as ugly as her!!!! She couldn't even do interviews after the fight 'cause the doctors were taking so long to examine her! :waa: :waa: :waa:

True

Just a night or two ago, Fedor Emelianenko beat Gegard Mousasi (who just beat Renato Sobral) by an armbar in an exhibition type MMA sparring match. It wasn't a match that will affect their records but I Mousasi has been on a tear of late and to have Fedor submit him in a semi-serious bout is further testament to the geeatness of fedor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"