Sequels The Mother of all Endings

Abe Rush

Plagued for Life
Reaction score
When looking through these forums, it seems that a lot of people want to see the Sinister Six as the "grand finale" for the Spider-Man movies... but at the same time, most seem to agree that Spider-Man 3 was too crowded as a movie. What I am wondering is what you people think would be the perfect ending to the Spider-Man movies... not only as far a villains are concerned, but also regarding the characters of the story and where they stand. It is without a doubt that I say that there should be some form of "escalation" of danger and such that leads to the final movie, but does any of you have other ideas, besides the Sinister Six?

I might be in the minority with this idea, but I think it'd be a cool idea if Spidey dies in the 6th one. Introdue the Carnage symbiot at the end of 5 to set up Carnage for the last. MJ and Pete are already married and have kid, Carnage kidnaps Spidey's son and Spidey dies in time square saving his kid and all of the surrounding people from Carnage's wrath. Just my take. It'd be a good way to end the second trilogy, and it would force a reboot of the franchise in the years following so we'd be able to get someone else's vision on the whole thing. Just my take. And I give a big NO to the sinister 6. There's no way that a movie featuring them would have any sort of substance at all.

... Peter Parker being killed in a Spider-Man movie has no substance either...

The director would be killed, if he killed off Spidey in a Spidey film, without bringing him back in the same series...

And besides, it doesn't go according to the comics...

I know, I know... Sandman killing Ben Parker didn't go with the comics, but that's a relativly small change...

killing the hero without bringing him back is a major change.

Spider-man has just faced off against his greatest foes (Lizard & Kraven) at a container terminal on a New York City pier. He is bloodied and beaten, barely able to stand.

Dr. Connors is unconscious and Kraven is dead. Police are storming the pier, helicopters circling overhead. In the midst of the aftermath, MJ runs up to Peter and kisses him, as the sun sets.

We cut to a few days later and Peter is still scarred. MJ and he visit Aunt May's grave, placed next to Uncle Ben's. It says "She taught us love" He drops a flower at the headstones. On MJ's finger is an engagement ring.

Peter gives a closing monologue and there is a final swing with MJ in his arms.

^ i dont want aunt may to die :(
but i love your idea of the final swing with mj in his arms

I want SM4 to end with the inevitable proposal.

Then SM5 begins with the wedding. Not long after, Aunt May dies, telling Peter on her deathbed that she can finally rest in peace now that Peter and MJ got married. Sometime later in the movie, MJ tells Peter that she's pregnant.

MJ goes into labor at the same time that -insert SM5 villain- has prepared for his last stand. After a triumphant victory over -insert SM5 villain-, Peter feels like a million bucks. The city cheers him on as he swings to the hospital in his tattered costume. There, he makes a quick change and waits in the waiting room. After a short montage of doctors huddled around MJ and Peter pacing anxiously, the screen goes black and we hear MJ ask, "How's the baby?"

The screen stays black for the next couple moments until we see Peter in the waiting room. A doctor comes over to him and whispers into his ear. The audience cannot hear what is said, but Peter's nervous grin turns into shock and horror. As the doctor walks away, Peter breaks down.

Black screen once again..giving the audience time to piece it together (if necessary). When the screen comes up again, Peter is at MJ's side. They both have swollen, red eyes...and MJ isn't fully "together" just yet.

Peter asks her where they go from here.

Cue inspirational speech from a shaken MJ. She tells him that they will do what they've always done and they will get through this. If not, "everything we ever were will mean nothing." (Come on, the line HAS to get used!)

Throw in a montage of clips of Peter and MJ in the hospital. Show them crying, show them consoling each other, show Peter catering to MJ. Finally, we stop as the couple is asleep...Peter is asleep in MJ's lap. Sirens can be heard in the distance. They both wake up...MJ says in a feeble voice (the kind you get after hours of crying) "Go get 'em, tiger."

Peter performs a quick change and leaps out the window, heading to wherever. Cue final swing sequence.

It may not be the happiest ending, but it's Peter's life. Plus it shows how strong the relationship with MJ really is.

....so does the baby die or something??

Aunt may should say shes happy to see Pete and MJ married together, and that she knows Peters spider-man or Pete decides to tell her.

And I give a big NO to the sinister 6. There's no way that a movie featuring them would have any sort of substance at all.

Call me crazy, but I always thought the story-line of the Sinister Six created for the Spider-Man animated series in the 90's was awesome, where all the powers from the 6 villains had a purpose and helped the entire plot. I always thought to myself 'wow those 2 episodes turned into a movie would be great'.
Besides, with a character like the Chameleon and the things you can use from him (the Mission Impossible franchise and their use of the 'masks' come to my mind) can create a very nice suspense, and a surprised finale :o:o

OK, getting back to the topic. If the Spider-Man movies come to an end, how would I like it to finish? Peter and MJ's wedding. Too cheesy? Is the only reasonable one that comes to my mind right now.

D!

I want SM4 to end with the inevitable proposal.

Then SM5 begins with the wedding. Not long after, Aunt May dies, telling Peter on her deathbed that she can finally rest in peace now that Peter and MJ got married. Sometime later in the movie, MJ tells Peter that she's pregnant.

MJ goes into labor at the same time that -insert SM5 villain- has prepared for his last stand. After a triumphant victory over -insert SM5 villain-, Peter feels like a million bucks. The city cheers him on as he swings to the hospital in his tattered costume. There, he makes a quick change and waits in the waiting room. After a short montage of doctors huddled around MJ and Peter pacing anxiously, the screen goes black and we hear MJ ask, "How's the baby?"

The screen stays black for the next couple moments until we see Peter in the waiting room. A doctor comes over to him and whispers into his ear. The audience cannot hear what is said, but Peter's nervous grin turns into shock and horror. As the doctor walks away, Peter breaks down.

Black screen once again..giving the audience time to piece it together (if necessary). When the screen comes up again, Peter is at MJ's side. They both have swollen, red eyes...and MJ isn't fully "together" just yet.

Peter asks her where they go from here.

Cue inspirational speech from a shaken MJ. She tells him that they will do what they've always done and they will get through this. If not, "everything we ever were will mean nothing." (Come on, the line HAS to get used!)

Throw in a montage of clips of Peter and MJ in the hospital. Show them crying, show them consoling each other, show Peter catering to MJ. Finally, we stop as the couple is asleep...Peter is asleep in MJ's lap. Sirens can be heard in the distance. They both wake up...MJ says in a feeble voice (the kind you get after hours of crying) "Go get 'em, tiger."

Peter performs a quick change and leaps out the window, heading to wherever. Cue final swing sequence.

It may not be the happiest ending, but it's Peter's life. Plus it shows how strong the relationship with MJ really is.
i absolutely love this, they just need a really good villain, and not many good villains would have an ending fight scene in which peter swings away happy

i think aunt mays death could be a good ending. i mean the series started with uncle bens, it would be cool then to finish it with aunt mays. kind of bookend it

I know it was pretty much hated in the comics, but what about a Norman Osborn resurrection in the final Spider-Man film?

Oh man a sinister six? that will be so awesome to see on screen but i doubt it will happen.

Carnage or Hopgoblin as the featured "end" guy in a SPidey flick is lame.... again it wasn't the fact that SM3 was overcrowded.... it was the horrid execution.... pin that on Raimi more so than the producers... the movie had the right elements to be good.... and it was average.... anyways... with the right execution a Sinister 6 could be done right... you only need like three major villains... Ock, Sandman, Mysterio... Electro, vulture, and Kraven could have smaller roles.... if not those three... you could use Shocker or Rhino or Chameleon.... villains that don't really need a heck of a lot of development

Mj's death should be there, done in a simlar way to gwen's death in the comics....

I personally would love to see the following.
Right near the beginning of the film we see Spider-Man fighting a minor villain say Shocker. Nothing big or spectacular him holding up a store or something and Spider-Man just kicking his ass with ease.

Then after the climatic battle between Spider-Man and the main villain we have peter saying his voice over about stuff while going through New York. Like the final swing but without Spider-Man.
The camera reaches Spider-Man stood on top of a building (voice over ends)

Then we hear screams and laughter from down below. Panic is in the streets. Shocker runs out of the Bank with bags of money.
Spider-Man looks down... he sighs and says "here we go again"
He jumps down ready to cannonball kick Shocker..
Cut to Shocker looking up at the sky "Crap"
Shockers POV Spider-Man kicks him in the face.
Run credits

(The screen goes black because Spideys feet hit the screen. Because it is Shockers POV)

Probably not the best idea but i really like it. Its a light hearted way to end the movies, doesn't give us a definitive conclusion so a spidey sequel could be made 20 years down the line.

i absolutely love this, they just need a really good villain, and not many good villains would have an ending fight scene in which peter swings away happy
Exactly...that's why I didn't even bother putting anyone there...I couldn't come up with someone.

I would only consider the Sinister Six "grand finale" if they make 9 Spider-man films. Its better that they stick to one villain per movie till then, because the stories are really better if they are not too crowded.

Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture, Electro, Mysterio, and Kraven, are good choices for the Sinister Six.

For the other 5 films you need the major villains Chameleon, Lizard, Kraven, Electro, Vulture, and Mysterio.

Exactly...that's why I didn't even bother putting anyone there...I couldn't come up with someone.

what if the villain is the Chameleon, and at the end they make it unclear to if it was a real doctor, that told him about the baby, or the Chameleon?

idk, something like, after he defeats him, he finds the outfit that the doctor was wearing, at his hideout (or hes still wearing it under his long jacket, maybe?)
(if they use the hologram belt, have him turning in to all the people he's coped and the doctor is one of them) and peters like, was it him the whole time, and goes rushing back to the hospital to find out

Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture, Electro, Mysterio, and Kraven, are good choices for the Sinister Six.

now, where have i heard this line up before lol
AMZ-Ann1.jpg

though, personally, i would switch out Electro, for the Shocker (to me , Electro seem to power to put in a team up) the shock is more, thug for hire kinda villain

what if the villain is the Chameleon, and at the end they make it unclear to if it was a real doctor, that told him about the baby, or the Chameleon?

idk, something like, after he defeats him, he finds the outfit that the doctor was wearing, at his hideout (or hes still wearing it under his long jacket, maybe?)
(if they use the hologram belt, have him turning in to all the people he's coped and the doctor is one of them) and peters like, was it him the whole time, and goes rushing back to the hospital to find out
But that kills the emotional power of it....this is supposed to be a real world problem that Spider-Man has to overcome.

But that kills the emotional power of it....this is supposed to be a real world problem that Spider-Man has to overcome.

it would give him a glimps of hope at the end (which would make it a bigger let down, for him to find out it was real, after finding a lil hope)
didn't say it had turn out that it really was the Chameleon, it would just make him question it. and if it was the Chameleon, what really happed to the baby, is the baby still safe at the hospital? did he get kidnapped? how do you explain it to MJ, whos probably still crying in bed? it could set up a whole new set of real problems

it would give him a glimps of hope at the end (which would make it a bigger let down, for him to find out it was real, after finding a lil hope)
didn't say it had turn out that it really was the Chameleon, it would just make him question it. and if it was the Chameleon, what really happed to the baby, is the baby still safe at the hospital? did he get kidnapped? how do you explain it to MJ, whos probably still crying in bed? it could set up a whole new set of real problems
Those aren't real problems.

Real couples don't worry about supervillains kidnapping their babies. Real couples worry about miscarriages.

A good lineup for the Sinister Six could be Sandman's Sinister Six. Or, simply have a line-up of the strongest villains Spidey has fought, and needs help from someone else to beat them (like Harry at the end of Spidey 3, throw in Black Cat, Prowler, someone). Sinister Six would be awesome in a movie. And it could be done. Anyone remember the Brotherhood of Mutants?

Those aren't real problems.

Real couples don't worry about supervillains kidnapping their babies. Real couples worry about miscarriages.

ya, cause, no babies have ever been kidnapped in real live before :whatever:

people in the real world don't worry about kidnappers

i think the idea of not knowing what really happened, would be a lot worse

(anyway, i was just saying that a as quick idea, i didn't what to get into a whole thing about)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"