The Movie Critic - Tarantino’s Next/Last(?)

Granted, it may not be in his top 5, but I wouldn't be mad if he took another shot at horror either.

View attachment 87726
Death Proof might be my least favorite Tarantino film but it definitely delivered in the suspense department. A lot of people call it his worst movie and that may be true by default but to me the only really jarring thing about it is seeing two separate groups of young women speaking the same way that QT does. :o

Death Proof might be my least favorite Tarantino film but it definitely delivered in the suspense department. A lot of people call it his worst movie and that may be true by default but to me the only really jarring thing about it is seeing two separate groups of young women speaking the same way that QT does. :o

And you know what's the crazy part? It's one of my guilty pleasure movies, like you said people call it his worst movie, but I actually really liked it. He should've did some more stuff with Tracie Thoms, with her passion and proficiency at cursing, he could've molded her into his lady Samuel L lol.

Loved the music in that movie too.

Well, one of his movies will always be at the bottom no matter how you rank them... but with Quentin that doesn't mean is bad. I can easily give Death Proof a 8/10. I rewatched it recently on a Saturday night and it was so much fun. It is exactly what he wanted it to be and that's why it works. It's a mood, it's more style than substance. He knows it and we know it.

Well, one of his movies will always be at the bottom no matter how you rank them... but with Quentin that doesn't mean is bad. I can easily give Death Proof a 8/10. I rewatched it recently on a Saturday night and it was so much fun. It is exactly what he wanted it to be and that's why it works. It's a mood, it's more style than substance. He knows it and we know it.
If Death Proof is his "worst movie", that's a pretty solid filmography to me.

As far as I remember he did say he wanted his last film to be more of an epilogue to his filmography. Don't know if he's still on that mindset though.
Wouldn’t Hollywood be a sort of epilogue? The Movie Critic sounded like an Epilogue but I guess he doesn’t want to do that kind of movie anymore. Who knows what this man is thinking lol

Speaking of his filmography, I will go the rest of my days saying that Jackie Brown is his best film. It should've been his second Oscar and it should've been Pam Grier's first.

Especially after all those years of nudes scenes Pam Grier did for Hollywood, she deserved it for showing her dramatic chops.

Speaking of his filmography, I will go the rest of my days saying that Jackie Brown is his best film. It should've been his second Oscar and it should've been Pam Grier's first.

Especially after all those years of nudes scenes Pam Grier did for Hollywood, she deserved it for showing her dramatic chops.
I haven't seen it in about 20 years. I really gotta watch it again, especially since I own it as part of a Tarantino Blu-ray box set.

I watched Jackie Brown for the first time a few years back. I liked it well enough, but nothing tops Pulp Fiction for me.

I actually have to watch Death Proof again, it was a massive guilty pleasure of mine back in the day.

Though the last time I watched it, the dialogue and acting really was quite painful. It's essentially a showcase for Kurt Russell.

I wasn’t a fan of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood so a spiritual sequel getting cancelled—especially if this is Tarantino’s last film—is something I welcome. However, like others have said, Tarantino is setting himself up for disappointment by creating an arbitrary rule for himself to make this his last film which will inevitably result in a divisive response and likely see the studio market this mainly as “his last film”.

Another sign that he's dead serious about one final film. To be honest its premise didn't blow me away for the last Quentin movie ever so I don't mind. I hope he does something good.

This always seemed like an underwhelming choice for his swansong. If he's serious about this being his final film, it has to be something special.

I was looking forward to seeing Cruise in a QT movie. He hasn’t really done a character role in a very long time.

So how soon before everyone wants Zendaya and Maya Hawke in Kill Bill vol 3?

200w.gif

I for one hope one day he is approached to make his unmade stuff into a bunch of animated-bloody flicks. Let someone else handle these projects etc, kinda how Django went on more adventures in a few comics.

The Vega Brothers in a dark noir rated R type anime movie would be a dream. Travolta and Madsen voicing of course.

Kill Bill 3 in anime form, a nod back to the first one. Yes, bald @Kane52630 is on the money with his casting here.

Also, on a podcast from a few months ago, he mentioned to rewatching a few Depalma and Pressburger/Michael Powell flicks while in israel. Could be nothing or something. eh.

Last edited:
I for one hope one day he is approached to make his unmade stuff into a bunch of animated-bloody flicks. Let someone else handle these projects etc, kinda how Django went on more adventures in a few comics.

The Vega Brothers in a dark noir rated R type anime movie would be a dream. Travolta and Madsen voicing of course.

Kill Bill 3 in anime form, a nod back to the first one. Yes, bald @Kane52630 is on the money with his casting here.

Also, on a podcast from a few months ago, he mentioned to rewatching a few Depalma and Pressburger/Michael Powell flicks while in israel. Could be nothing or something. eh.

I always wanted a Kill Bill prequel about young Bill and Budd. Anime form would be dope, but I wouldn't mind live-action. Get Austin Butler as Bill and Jacob Elordi as Budd.

I've been watching a few John Travolta movies lately. Would be cool to see him reunite with Tarantino for a project, if we're talking purely about things we'd like to see.

It seems like it would have been too meta and self-referential, even for Tarantino's standards, so I'm glad he's doing something else for a final film after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"