The music of the panther

It definitely did..... if you are talking about this..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

It just screams "ancient warrior" which is what Amazons are....

The drums beating in the background.....it was perfect. I know you are trying to make a point. But please........
no that link is for the WW theme supposedly created for WW in BvsS and that song is great

The one I'm referring to is for the final trailer look up the final WW trailer and yo will hear what I mean
a canned computer beat and the refrain of "step into the spotlight" just didnt fit. But hey..........I dont think it's gonna be the end of things. It was just something that didnt feel right to me.
this was an action teaser not an i trigue or dialog trailer so 8 feel the music fit well but juxtaposedwith T'Challa's first words in the MCU "I guess neither of us are used to the spotlight"? Perfect

again YMMV

Figured i should resucitate this thread now that this came out:
black-panther-the-album-1081395.jpeg

Btw we havent heard when Ludwig Goransson's score is releasing right?
I heard pieces of it during the premiere livestream and it sounds great, can't wait.

I'm really liking the soundtrack. Has been on rotation in the house and the car for the past few days.

That BP album is raw af! I'm surprised Marvel allowed them to go explicit as it is the official album of the movie.

Def really like how many of the beats have a really good duality of world beat kind of vibe but done with a futuristic twist. Compliments the theme behind Wakanda in a great way.

Just how integrated is the soundtrack in the film? Is it like GOTG?

I don’t usually listen to Hip Hop but I’m thinking about buying this album on iTunes.

I think that March 9th refers to the physical release. Usually OSTs have been available on Spotify earlier.

Can't wait to hear the Kendrick in the movie, already a huge fan of most of the songs off the soundtrack and they'll be even better in the movie.

Listening to it on Spotify now. SO good. Those drums are killer.

tumblr_o53oadxD5U1uc3miao1_250.gif

Yes it’s very good.

Yes yes yessss...

The score's up on Youtube. **** this tie-in Kendrick Lamar album bull****, bunch of predictable cynical & demeaning stuff you'd expect. The score itself is friggin' perfect though, African up the wazoo.

Makes you forget all about the tie-in album stuff. Not all that familiar with Goransson's stuff outside of Creed, but this stuff is killer. Probably my favorite score since Silvestri's Cap & Avengers work.

Last edited:
Yes yes yessss...

The score's up on Youtube. **** this tie-in Kendrick Lamar album bull****, bunch of predictable cynical & demeaning stuff you'd expect. The score itself is friggin' perfect though, African up the wazoo.

Makes you forget all about the tie-in album stuff. Not all that familiar with Goransson's stuff outside of Creed, but this stuff is killer. Probably my favorite score since Silvestri's Cap & Avengers work.

Why the hate on Kendrick Lamar? He’s the best rapper right now and Coogler had asked him to contribute his songs to the movie. Plus the songs I heard on YouTube are also terrific even though I don’t usually listen to this type of music.

It's nothing against Lamar at all, personally. It's a "his work doesn't fit with Black Panther remotely and thus feels like a cynical outreach to the African-American Top-40 purchasing market" thing.

I'm sure his work's actually pretty good. It's just that Wakandans, being Wakandans, would disassociate themselves from rap the exact same way they would from friggin' Nickelback or Coldplay or whatever-the-hell. It's lowly western devil-music, if you're a Wakandan.

But again, the actual score is friggin' bananaballs great.

Whoa. Listening through this on Youtube, and it doesn't have the track names, but was that a The First Avenger theme reference in there? Does Cap cameo in one of the post-credit stingers or something?

Or maybe they use it for the Bucky appearance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"