The NCIS Thread - Part 2

Honestly, didn't buy Ziva's exit from the show and I thought it was poorly written.

Like, she killed her brother like 20 years ago. Tony killed her boy toy before she became an official NCIS agent.
Seemed a bit forced and you could definitely tell the writers did a bit of a scramble job with this plotline's resolution. Her staying in Israel makes almost no sense.

I think the one slight difference is that Ziva has been there 8 years, that's such a long time for a character and fans to connect.

Cote and Michael Weatherly were superb in those scenes. I am hoping the reason the screen time was limited is that the way they did things has left the door wide open for Ziva to return.

Kate was there for two seasons but she was an original member and the first to die so it was very shocking and emotional.

Ziva has definitely grown on me. I do think they've left the door open for her to return should they agree to a contract.

To any NCIS: LA viewers, may anyone give me a quick summary the important stuff last season after the season premiere? I did watch that, but I didn't watch anything else after. I want to start watching this season.

Thank you in advance.

:up:

To any NCIS: LA viewers, may anyone give me a quick summary the important stuff last season after the season premiere? I did watch that, but I didn't watch anything else after. I want to start watching this season.

Thank you in advance.

:up:
Quick episode summary of last season from Wikipedia. Main storyline for the season was nuclear bombs hidden by Russian sleeper agents that the team is after, the Chameleon shows up again to broker deal for weapons, Sam's wife is brought due to history with arms dealer, Sam/Deeks go undercover with said arms dealer, and, finally, they're tortured to see what they know and if they're federal agents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCIS:_Los_Angeles_(season_4)

Quick episode summary of last season from Wikipedia. Main storyline for the season was nuclear bombs hidden by Russian sleeper agents that the team is after, the Chameleon shows up again to broker deal for weapons, Sam's wife is brought due to history with arms dealer, Sam/Deeks go undercover with said arms dealer, and, finally, they're tortured to see what they know and if they're federal agents:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCIS:_Los_Angeles_(season_4)

Ahhh yes. I gotcha. And the Chameleon came back. I'm gonna start watching now. Thank you.

Ziva's gone from the credits. :( I wonder how long Roma Maffia (hell of a name) is gonna be involved, I'm guessing she'll be in next weeks as the story is related to an old case of Franks and Gibbs. That was some decent CGI on those fighter jets at the end.

LA was fun episode with some cool cars! :D Good to see Deeks hitting his stride again, although I suspect his confidence issues will pop again as he looked a little unsure at the end.

I enjoyed this weeks LA, I had a feeling that the kidnapped girlfriend was not to be trusted and her hubby was played by the actor that was the Mayor's right hand man in The Killing, seen him in a few roles lately.

Always fun to see Nell in the field and the Deeks and Hetty stuff was funny. :D

I wonder how this development will figure into LA going forward.

So what happened in the recent episode where Diane Neal appeared as Abigail Borin? I heard their was a scene where she was offered to join the NCIS team full time

It was an open invitation. She didn't outright turn it down but she wasn't ready to accept it yet either.

There is a lot of potential story in her joining the team but I'm not sure they should do it.

She's almost exactly like Gibbs which is not a knock but we've already got Gibbs, we don't need a second. I do want to see more of her in a recurring part though.

It was an open invitation. She didn't outright turn it down but she wasn't ready to accept it yet either.

There is a lot of potential story in her joining the team but I'm not sure they should do it.

She's almost exactly like Gibbs which is not a knock but we've already got Gibbs, we don't need a second. I do want to see more of her in a recurring part though.

I might be biased because I have a crush on Diane Neal but I'd love it if she got to be a regular on the show. I just can't help being a huge fan of hers enough to want to see her on weekly programming again especially with Cote De Pablo gone from the show for good.

I'm a fan too but I also realize it could be difficult to have her as a regular seeing as she's identical to Gibbs in many ways. We need another personality to round out the team. She should be more recurring than she is, even a regular but I'm not sure on being part of the team. It would also preclude her and Gibbs from getting together.

NCIS was on a Hitchcock riff this week, I hope the former FBI agent/lawyer chick is a possible recruit for the team, although next week shows some cooky character getting involved with them.

I loved the heist on the consulate at the end of LA, and that shotgun was nearly as big as Hetty. :D

NCIS was on a Hitchcock riff this week, I hope the former FBI agent/lawyer chick is a possible recruit for the team, although next week shows some cooky character getting involved with them.

I loved the heist on the consulate at the end of LA, and that shotgun was nearly as big as Hetty. :D
That blonde lady, Emily Wickersham, they were showing for NCIS is going to be the newest team member, as confirmed show producer Gary Glassberg.

http://tvline.com/2013/11/12/ncis-season-11-video-new-team-member-ellie-bishop/

As for LA, the way Callen and Sam exited was great. Plus, Hetty carrying around a huge shotgun is about what you'd expect from her and probably the sightgag they were going for.

Sally Richardson-Whitfield played the lawyer. She was running Global Dynamics for Eureka before. I hope they at least make her a recurring character since she so deftly avoided breaking the law while making sure they got their man.

Los Angeles had Hetty with that shotgun. That's the best thing in that episode, not that it was bad. Just imagine Hetty trying to fire that thing and not get knocked on her butt.

She was/is also the Washington anchor in 'The Newsroom'

I have to admit, NCIS has lost a bit of it's gloss for me with Ziva leaving. I'm not saying that it's bad, but the gap she left is showing.... And I'm not sure I like the way they are shoehorning a different women every week...

That blonde lady, Emily Wickersham, they were showing for NCIS is going to be the newest team member, as confirmed show producer Gary Glassberg.

http://tvline.com/2013/11/12/ncis-season-11-video-new-team-member-ellie-bishop/

As for LA, the way Callen and Sam exited was great. Plus, Hetty carrying around a huge shotgun is about what you'd expect from her and probably the sightgag they were going for.

Ugh, she looks quirky and Abby already has that quota locked down, I really think Carrie Clark would have been a better character addition.

It was a fantastic shot, LA does pretty well with it's action sequences.

Well I was skeptical but I have to say I quite liked Ellie Bishop, she's not as quirky as the promo made her look and I thought the episode and actress made her instantly likable.

I wish Deeks had spent longer undercover at the rehab clinic! :D As for the big Densi ending, I was surprised they went there and it wasn't a fake out as nothing in the ep really seemed to happen that would suddenly trigger Deeks to act, plus it was rather subdued with no actual hook-up moment. Looking at next weeks promo they are gonna hit reset though, rather than make the bolder move Castle did.

I thought I'd posted here but I didn't. I was expecting Deeks to make a move but it was surprising he did it this quickly, although it's been obvious the past few eps that Kensi has been wearing over-sized shirts to hide the baby bump so I guess they needed to ramp that up and explain her suddenly bulging belly.

Bishop is definitely quirky but hopefully they won't over do it. She likes to sit on desks or out of the way places in that "not traditional genius/intellectual" trope but they were careful not to give her too many weird attributes. It's also only been one episode so far.

I thought I'd posted here but I didn't. I was expecting Deeks to make a move but it was surprising he did it this quickly, although it's been obvious the past few eps that Kensi has been wearing over-sized shirts to hide the baby bump so I guess they needed to ramp that up and explain her suddenly bulging belly.

I'd forgotten about Daniela being pregnant, do you think they are actually going to write that into the Deeks and Kensi situation?

I saw something about her being
in Afghanistan from episode 10-18... I have to wonder if it will be an assignment or if she will be captured by some group?

I'd forgotten about Daniela being pregnant, do you think they are actually going to write that into the Deeks and Kensi situation?
That is my assumption. All through the show we've seen Deeks have this thing for her, and Kensi seemed to have one for him, now it's looking to be consumated after all the bonding they've been through lately. There was that torture drama with Deeks, then the recovery where Kensi helped nurse him back to health (and sanity) and that dinner which was quickly cancelled in favor of going back to Deeks' place for some lovin'. I was expecting a longer build up before they went through with it, if they did at all, which they seem to be now.

If the spoiler is true though then that can provide some excuse for her to not be pregnant in the series.

I saw something about her being
in Afghanistan from episode 10-18... I have to wonder if it will be an assignment or if she will be captured by some group?

That is my assumption. All through the show we've seen Deeks have this thing for her, and Kensi seemed to have one for him, now it's looking to be consumated after all the bonding they've been through lately. There was that torture drama with Deeks, then the recovery where Kensi helped nurse him back to health (and sanity) and that dinner which was quickly cancelled in favor of going back to Deeks' place for some lovin'. I was expecting a longer build up before they went through with it, if they did at all, which they seem to be now.

If the spoiler is true though then that can provide some excuse for her to not be pregnant in the series.

Well it didn't go down as I expected, the moment The White Ghost mission cropped up I knew that would be how Kensi would be written out, but I expected her to ask for the assignment to avoid confronting her feelings for Deeks, but instead they actual got that relationship into forward motion before she was shipped off.

I'm still not totally sure why they felt the need to suddenly rush them together when they knew they were writing Kensi out for 7 eps, unless they felt they needed to give the shippers something to cling to while she's away.

I hope Deeks isn't partnered with Granger in the field, I'd rather put Nell into action and see how that dynamic plays out.

I'm guessing The White Ghost will be the big season finale story, maybe even encompassing the last 4 or 5 eps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"