• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The NEW 2014/2015 NBA Thread: Warriors Win the War - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This DeAndre Jordan waffling story is hilarious. Everybody is pulling up off vacation or jumping in a car or on a flight to sway this guy.

You find nothing wrong with the afforementioned scenario?
I in no way feel any sympathy for the Cavs. You reap what you sow. Is it borderline extortion? Yes. Is it illegal? No. Dan Gilbert willing chose to bend over. LeBron isn't holding him at gunpoint and forcing him to. LeBron left Miami because they wouldn't give him the free reigning control he wanted and Gilbert was readily happy to give it to have Cleveland's golden boy back. Silver should be laughing at Gilbert if anything and using the Cavs as an example of a franchise not to emulate.

And these dudes killing the emojis on twitter right now lol.

kqZ7WL3.gif

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 45m45 minutes ago
Clippers believe DJ is returning to LA but I'm told they are staying at his house until he can sign at midnight.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 42m42 minutes ago
Story going online with @ramonashelburne: DeAndre Jordan indicates to Clips he intends to stay BUT team reps not leaving DJ until he signs

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 39m39 minutes ago
In story with @ramonashelburne we also report Mavs now fear they won't now get audience with Jordan as Clips have essentially surrounded him

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 20m20 minutes ago
One person not in the meeting or the house with DeAndre Jordan right now -- his agent Dan Fegan. It's just DJ & the Clippers coaches/players
:lmao:

Yeah this thing is pretty funny but at the same time I can't knock him for having second thoughts. Not particularly against the Mavs but let's be honest, how can you just make a decision about the next 4 years of your life after one 2-3 hour meeting with a team? The rapid fire decisions these guys make sometimes are pretty unsettling.

Then Jordan should never have verbally agreed, just say you need to think about it etc. If reports are true how weak is he that he won't even take Cuban's phone call.

If he signs for the Clips, he has just screwed his agent big time. The good thing is, the Clips are no closer to a title with or without him. They aren't beating the Warriors, Spurs or a healthy Thunder.

Yeah this thing is pretty funny but at the same time I can't knock him for having second thoughts. Not particularly against the Mavs but let's be honest, how can you just make a decision about the next 4 years of your life after one 2-3 hour meeting with a team? The rapid fire decisions these guys make sometimes are pretty unsettling.
I look at it from the other way. You already know who the players are, how they might mesh with you and what ownership's track record is. What's up in the air is how much money is being talked and whatever pie in the sky promises they want to tell you about how great you are. I obviously don't have that exact frame of reference, but that's pretty straightforward to me.

You don't do **** like this. If you believe the reports he left because Chris Paul is annoying, he couldn't supplant Paul or Blake in the offense and Cuban told him he could be Shaq-lite. Then, he called Blake or Doc earlier in the week with cold feet. That's ridiculous. Now, half the Clippers' roster and coaching staff is telling him how much he's needed and they're going to have a Netflix binge party with Chinese food delivery until he can sign.

If you need to take a minute and not sign ASAP, so be it, but this is a flipping circus.
If he signs for the Clips, he has just screwed his agent big time. The good thing is, the Clips are no closer to a title with or without him. They aren't beating the Warriors, Spurs or a healthy Thunder.
Dan Fegan has to cut bait if Jordan signs with the Clippers. He takes the commission on this and it's casting a shadow on any other dealings with teams for his other clients. He'll be hard-pressed to get any benefit of the doubt going forward. It might not completely skunk a deal, but other teams will not look at this nonsense lightly.

Last edited:
I look at it from the other way. You already know who the players are, how they might mesh with you and what ownership's track record is. What's up in the air is how much money is being talked and whatever pie in the sky promises they want to tell you about how great you are. I obviously don't have that exact frame of reference, but that's pretty straightforward to me.

You don't do **** like this. If you believe the reports he left because Chris Paul is annoying, he couldn't supplant Paul or Blake in the offense and Cuban told him he could be Shaq-lite. Then, he called Blake or Doc earlier in the week with cold feet. That's ridiculous. Now, half the Clippers' roster and coaching staff is telling him how much he's needed and they're going to have a Netflix binge party with Chinese food delivery until he can sign.

If you need to take a minute and not sign ASAP, so be it, but is a flipping circus.
100% agree. This is a clear right and wrong way to do these things. I am also sure this will encourage him to become a better free throw shooter. :funny:

Dan Fegan has to cut bait if Jordan signs with the Clippers. He takes the commission on this and it's casting a shadow on any other dealings with teams for his other clients. He'll be hard-pressed to get any benefit of the doubt going forward. It might not completely skunk a deal, but other teams will not look at this nonsense lightly.
Exactly. Dan Fegan looks like he either has no control or is liar.

I disagree. Clippers without DJ are just a 6-9th seed in the west, with DJ along with adding Paul Pierce and Lance Stephenson they absolutely are contenders. The issue is that the west has 5 teams that all can conceivably win a title (GSW, SAS, OKC, LAC and HOU).

CJb89kMVEAAIEgO.jpg

Blake Griffin ‏@blakegriffin32
Don't agree with the furniture layout but I'm not an interior designer.
I can't... :pal:

100% agree. This is a clear right and wrong way to do these things. I am also sure this will encourage him to become a better free throw shooter. :funny:

Exactly. Dan Fegan looks like he either has no control or is liar.
Dan Fegan has been a POS for awhile. He's well known as an agent that meddles. He was the reason behind the Dwight drama in Orlando, and he's also the agent for Cousins and probably leaked a bunch of stuff to Woj.

I disagree. Clippers without DJ are just a 6-9th seed in the west, with DJ along with adding Paul Pierce and Lance Stephenson they absolutely are contenders. The issue is that the west has 5 teams that all can conceivably win a title (GSW, SAS, OKC, LAC and HOU).
I don't think the Rockets or Clippers have a chance if any of the other three teams are healthy. They are much, much better imo. The Clippers barely got by last year's Spurs. They look potentially much better now.

Now do they have a better chance with Jordan, then without him? Of course. But they aren't winning it.

Dan Fegan has been a POS for awhile. He's well known as an agent that meddles. He was the reason behind the Dwight drama in Orlando, and he's also the agent for Cousins and probably leaked a bunch of stuff to Woj.
That stuff is typical. This is not. More importantly, is about control over one's client, or in this case, lack thereof.

Ryen Russillo just nailed it. The loser of this deal is the one gets him. :funny:

Twitter is killing me right now oh man

This has got to go down as one of the funniest days of twitter history this is gold

Chandler Parsons ‏@ChandlerParsons
I thought I had a good pump fake.
Twitter is gold right now. So good.

This is great. No other way to describe it. :funny:

The passive agressiveness coming from the NBA players is just great.

This DeAndre Jordan waffling story is hilarious. Everybody is pulling up off vacation or jumping in a car or on a flight to sway this guy.

Smh, it's pretty sad. I find it unbecoming and completely unprofessional. If CP3 was the leader everyone claims he is, he should've known how Jordan felt about him the whole time. Bottomline is, they haven't won with him, and I doubt that changes anytime soon...

Smh, it's pretty sad. I find it unbecoming and completely unprofessional. If CP3 was the leader everyone claims he is, he should've known how Jordan felt about him the whole time. Bottomline is, they haven't won with him, and I doubt that changes anytime soon...
What's the point in taking this serious? It's hilarious. NBA free agency is the best dramedy during summer.

What's the point in taking this serious? It's hilarious. NBA free agency is the best dramedy during summer.

Don't take my words as a true bad feeling for the Clips, I could care less about the Clippers as an organization and fanbase. What I mean is, as a professional, it's just in poor taste, no matter how funny we find it. On another note though, ONCE AGAIN, for all those who keep talking about the Knicks and Lakers losing out in FA, ask Cuban how this feels. Just having cap space doesn't mean anything in this day and age...

You'd think they were losing LeBron the way they are acting. And they still have the worst great player ever in CP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"