• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The NEW 2014/2015 NBA Thread: Warriors Win the War - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
D Will? Can we please stop with these abbreviated nicknames? :doh:

I use to prop that bearded, lazy **** as being better than CP3 years ago. Jesus Christ.

Embiid is having another foot surgery. He might be done before he ever started.

So Shaq and Pippen are in an Instagram beef right now about who would win between an All-Time Lakers vs Bulls matchup. Shaq's proposed line-ups are:

Magic, Kobe, Baylor, Shaq and Kareem vs
Rose, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and Horace Grant.

Thoughts?

So Shaq and Pippen are in an Instagram beef right now about who would win between an All-Time Lakers vs Bulls matchup. Shaq's proposed line-ups are:

Magic, Kobe, Baylor, Shaq and Kareem vs
Rose, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and Horace Grant.

Thoughts?
The problem with the Bulls lineup is they are horribly undersized since they don't really have a center to match with Shaq and Kareem, as Rodman and Grant are both natural PFs. Then throw in the height advantage of Magic over Rose and it's a really bad matchup for the Bulls.

I would expect the Laker team to regularly slaughter the Bulls team.

See, I think a combination of Jordan and Rose would play more to strategy than just blunt force like the Lakers seem to have.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Pacers Bring "Hoosiers" Inspired Uniform to NBA
INDIANAPOLIS -- In a first-of-its-kind partnership, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) and the Indiana Pacers will bring one of the all-time great underdog stories, Hoosiers, to the NBA hardwood, celebrating the film's 30th Anniversary.

For the 2015-16 season, the Pacers will introduce the Hickory uniform to be worn in select regular season games as part of the NBA Pride Collection. The Hickory uniform is a tribute to the rich tradition of basketball in the State of Indiana and will serve as inspiration to fans everywhere that no matter how improbable the challenge may be, amazing things can be accomplished through teamwork, determination, heart and hustle.
dsc_0125_copy.jpg

I hope they get beat by 20 in every game they wear these ****ing things.:rdr:

The problem with the Bulls lineup is they are horribly undersized since they don't really have a center to match with Shaq and Kareem, as Rodman and Grant are both natural PFs. Then throw in the height advantage of Magic over Rose and it's a really bad matchup for the Bulls.

It's extremely bad, the Bulls would have no chance. And this is the same reason why, when people assume MJ would've won 8 straight if he never retired, I scoff. There's nobody in Chicago Bulls history who could've handled Hakeem, let alone Luc Longley or somebody like that. And by far, The Dream would've been the best player MJ ever had to go up against, in terms of being still somewhat near their prime, which Magic clearly wasn't in '91. Even still, they had to put Pippen on Magic to stifle their offense, not Jordan.

No disrespect at all, but it's just foolish to me that people (mostly Skip Bayless) assume Jordan could just defeat anyone who's ever lived...seemingly just because. He wouldn't even be able to affect a game like this that much because it would be played in the paint. It would be over before it began...

Look, I like Luc Longley, he went to my alma mater, but he isn't beating Shaq Kareem would have to move to power forward in that match up.

It's extremely bad, the Bulls would have no chance. And this is the same reason why, when people assume MJ would've won 8 straight if he never retired, I scoff. There's nobody in Chicago Bulls history who could've handled Hakeem, let alone Luc Longley or somebody like that. And by far, The Dream would've been the best player MJ ever had to go up against, in terms of being still somewhat near their prime, which Magic clearly wasn't in '91. Even still, they had to put Pippen on Magic to stifle their offense, not Jordan.

No disrespect at all, but it's just foolish to me that people (mostly Skip Bayless) assume Jordan could just defeat anyone who's ever lived...seemingly just because. He wouldn't even be able to affect a game like this that much because it would be played in the paint. It would be over before it began...

Again... Cartwright (whilst being extremely awkward looking) routinely kept Hakeem under his average and generally made things pretty difficult for him.

And during the years that he was gone the Bulls squad would have been the best supporting cast Jordan had ever had because it combined key elements from both threepeat sides.

That Lakers/Bulls side though. Bulls have no chance. Too much dominance in the paint. Only hope would be if Kobe shot them out of it and the ball got frozen out of the paint... people forget Horace Grant at the Bulls was a thinner, more athletic 4, not the bulkier 4/5 he eventually became at the Magic.

It says something when you look at that team and realize you'd have to hide Rose on Baylor because he's the least post threat...

The Heat have traded Zoran and Shabazz away. I guess they love Johnson and Richardson that much. I just hope they hold onto and sign Joshua Smith. He and Hassan Whiteside could make a nasty, nasty duo underneath the post with their attitude alone.

You were very high on Shabazz for some reason. To me he's just another guy, nothing to be worried about losing. He's overrated because of what he did in college.

You were very high on Shabazz for some reason. To me he's just another guy, nothing to be worried about losing. He's overrated because of what he did in college.

As a back up PG, he was very solid. He never got to spread his wings here due to injuries but I prefer him over Chalmers now. Still, with the emergence of Johnson and Richardson, he became expendable. Hopefully he'll do well in Orlando.

Napier doesn't fit the mold of the Heat backup PG. They are ideally 3&D guys who can handle the ball up the court. Napier's defense was nonexistent, and his size is a problem. He also wasn't really as scrappy or gritty as TJ and Richardson are. I'm very interested in J-Rich, I think he could potentially be a steal and end up like a Danny Green or Wes Matthews. Patrick Beverley redemption.

Now I'd like to see us cut Ennis and bring back Dorell Wright.

Agreed. Shabazz is undersized, not very athletic and just an average shooter. Plus he doesn't play any defense. And he's already 24, so its not like he's super young. At least Chalmers can hit 3s and play pesty defense (at times).

I thought you guys were high on Ennis as well. I remember hearing all this preseason hype on him as a potential ROY candidate.

He can't handle the ball at all and from the looks of summer league he still hasn't improved on that and he's barely an average shooter, if that. All he can really do well is dunk. He didn't display world breaking defense or anything either. The acquisitions of Winslow, Green, and Richardson make him extremely expendable as well.

I like Richardson. Glad to see he's likely for the roster.

Ennis can't dribble nor can he really create. A bigger problem is that he looks to be too hesitant on about anything. You'd think he'd excel at slashing when catching a quick pass on the wing when they're ahead of the rotation... yeah, no. I'd like another shooter in that spot.

Again... Cartwright (whilst being extremely awkward looking) routinely kept Hakeem under his average and generally made things pretty difficult for him.

And during the years that he was gone the Bulls squad would have been the best supporting cast Jordan had ever had because it combined key elements from both threepeat sides.

That Lakers/Bulls side though. Bulls have no chance. Too much dominance in the paint. Only hope would be if Kobe shot them out of it and the ball got frozen out of the paint... people forget Horace Grant at the Bulls was a thinner, more athletic 4, not the bulkier 4/5 he eventually became at the Magic.

It says something when you look at that team and realize you'd have to hide Rose on Baylor because he's the least post threat...

Smh, knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself from throwing a shot. It wouldn't be an issue though, if he didn't shoot a whole lot on the '08 Olympic team to help ingratiate himself (until they needed him to save their ass in the Gold Medal game, along with Wade as well) I doubt he would make that game any harder than it needed to be...

Not "throwing a shot".

It's the only way I could see that team losing.

They really need to get these camera people about 10 feet back at least. There is no reason for them to be that close. Seriously.

michael-jordan-dominicks-600.jpg

This coupon cost Dominick's $8.9 million dollars. :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"