The New Gods

newgods.jpg

Orion - Michael C Hall
Scott Free/Mister Miracle - Sean Maher
Big Barda - Kim Director
Highfather - Ian McShane
Metron - David Bowie
Darkseid (voice) - Michael Ironside

Whoever they do choose to be the star, Orion, he should be along the lines of a Russell Crowe, or Daniel Craig. I can also see it being approached like a large stage play sort of thing. Not that the actors should be playing to the bleachers or something.
russell-crowe.jpg

DanielCraig.jpg

I'd like to see Orion wearing armor too, it could be red armor but Kirby sometimes drew it as armor instead of a spandex costume.
NEWGODS5.jpg

I think the price of making the movie might be all that would hold it back. Sure its a little known property, but it could be a great series of films.

I think the price of making the movie might be all that would hold it back. Sure its a little known property, but it could be a great series of films.

A film about the Fourth World and the New Gods should not be any different that making films like "Troy", "Alexander", or "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith". This means that it is reasonable to expect a production budget in the range of $127 million to $180 million. That is not too pricy.

There would have to be lots of special effects and costumes and make up, almost half of the characters would look like monsters and everyone would have some sort of armor or costumes (like Lord of the Rings I guess).
But yeah, I guess you are right. And I think they would make more money in the long run too.

There would have to be lots of special effects and costumes and make up, almost half of the characters would look like monsters and everyone would have some sort of armor or costumes (like Lord of the Rings I guess).
But yeah, I guess you are right. And I think they would make more money in the long run too.

The films in the Lord of the Rings trilogy were made for what would cost $115 million in today's dollars (they were a little over $93 million a piece back then). I still contend that a Forth World/New Gods film could be made for $180 million or less.

It just blows my mind that DC hasn't jumped all over these characters!

They should be rushing to make the New Gods into animated movies and live action movies!

They have a goldmine with these characters and they haven't even scratched the surface! How could you not recognize the potential of these absolutely fantastic characters?

I think Russell Crowe is the absolute perfect Orion!

Another Kirby character that I can't believe they haven't used is the Demon! Imagine what could be done with a live action Demon movie! The grand scale of Camelot, Merlin the Wizard, Morgan Le Fay, and of course the dual personality of Jason Blood. It should be done like a horror movie, not just some magical fantasy, although the magic and fantasy should be a part of it. I think it would be awesome.

Jack Kirbys artwork is mind blowing, to this very day nobody is more cosmic, or does scale, power, and scope better!

Last edited:
to be fair, DC isn't really giving anyone else a shot either. GL is the first non superman/batman thing they have really pushed. Sure they have done stuff like Jonah Hex and Watchmen, but GL is the first they are backing as much as Batman.
Maybe with that movie they will do others like Flash, Wonder Woman, and maybe even with the success of Thor do the New Gods, and hopefully the Demon at some point.

The failure of Green Lantern probably knocked the chances of this movie ever happening down to zero, but I still think it has unique potential in DC's universe.

People always compare things to Star Wars, but I'd like to think of this as Lord of The Rings in space.A big ensemble story about two Kingdoms fighting over a power (the Ant-Life Equation) that has cataclysmic potential.

A movie with that Kirby art design would be the last wish fulfilled.

The failure of Green Lantern probably knocked the chances of this movie ever happening down to zero, but I still think it has unique potential in DC's universe.

I actually liked Green Lantern for what it was (a lighthearted popcorn movie), but its failure is too big to ignore. DCE cannot afford another bomb of this magnitude.

On the other hand, I don't think that shunning all B-List comic properties is the answer at all. If that were the case, then nobody should ever bother making any original movies ever again.

The one thing that has to be managed carefully is the budget. MAKE original movies, or movies based on lesser known source material. But for God's sake, don't spend over $300 million on them, like the WB did for Green Lantern. Out of control spending needs to stop.

I can see a New Gods movie being successful if they make it on a $120-150 million production budget, with about $60 million in advertising. You don't need to blow over $100 million on ads, and to be honest I didn't even think that Green Lantern was that well-hyped even with all of that money spent.

if they could do kirby-esque designs for thor then yea it would work on screen for new gods. i would love to see the floating city.
Supertown_001.jpg

the only problem now is it kind of looks like movie asgard. the little walkway and chamber to the left remind me of heimdal's teleporter room now. i would still love to see it though.

New rumor from Jon Schnepp.

George Miller rumoured to be in the frame for DC’s New Gods Movie

August 12th, 2016 by Matt Gault

George Miller has circled the DC movie world long before there was a DC movie world. Once upon a time, Miller – the acclaimed auteur behind 2015’s surprise Oscar frontrunner Mad Max: Fury Road – was attached to helm Justice League Mortal.

The Australian was deep into developing the ambitious project for Warner Bros when it was scrapped in 2008. Since then, DC fans have held on to a glimmer of hope that he would one day return.

Speculation has centred more on the possibility of Miller directing Man of Steel 2 – which WB are actively pursuing now for a 2018/19 release date – but John Schnepp, speaking on Collider Heroes, claims that he is circling a different project: New Gods.

Schnepp, who acquired a number of key contacts in the movie industry from making his acclaimed documentary The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? claimed that a little birdy told him that Miller is in the frame to direct New Gods for Warner Bros., even though the film has not been formally announced yet.

Discussing Man of Steel 2 on Collider Heroes, Schnepp said: “A year ago we heard George Miller was in the frame to direct Man of Steel 2. I still think that’s a possibility but a little birdy told me he’s possibly going to be doing the New Gods, even though that’s not even announced yet. I don’t know where it’s coming from – if my birdy is insane – who knows, maybe it came from a Mother Box and it’s just in another world now.”

After the glorious critical and commercial success of Fury Road, Miller is set to begin production on its sequel, Wasteland. After that, the 71-year-old is fair game. It remains to be seen if he would be open to launching himself into a massive studio superhero tent-pole, especially considering he has spoken of a desire to make more ‘quieter’ films in the future, but it’s clear he’s being talked about as a potential candidate for a future DC Extended Universe project.
http://www.followingthenerd.com/mov...red-to-be-in-the-frame-for-dcs-new-gods-movie

The direct quote from Schnepp is at the 6 minute mark of this Collider Heroes video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAjAmEo89Oc

New rumor from Jon Schnepp.

http://www.followingthenerd.com/mov...red-to-be-in-the-frame-for-dcs-new-gods-movie

The direct quote from Schnepp is at the 6 minute mark of this Collider Heroes video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAjAmEo89Oc

I'm excited about the prospect of Miller heading any DC movie - especially Man of Steel 2 !

As for the New Gods, why not ! But wait for the mid 2020's , until the more mainstream DC heroes have appeared onscreen, and then roll out the New Gods and the 4th world.

Hope Miller does The New Gods(and maybe Man of Steel 2 as well)! He's got the wild creativity that calls for it.

Here's my fan cast:

Orion: Damian Lewis

220px-Damian_Lewis_Berlin_2015.jpg

Mister Miracle: Aidan Turner

kittygale2.png

Big Barda: Megan Gale

Megan-Gale-Long-Hairstyle-Sleek-Hair.jpg

Lightray: Lucas Till

MV5BODA5ODYwMDc4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODM1MDA0NQ@@._V1_UY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Big Bear: Adam Copeland

gettyimages-166250706.jpg

Beautiful Dreamer: Maria Valverde

Maria+valverde+Present+Nina+Ricci+Fragrances+9TM0xf8Ocedl.jpg

Metron: Lambert Wilson

WPYfk-Iv.jpg

High Father: Timothy Dalton

Timothy+Dalton+Salute+Old+Hollywood+Red+Carpet+OmDAPJwhlY-l.jpg

Last edited:
George Miller doing New Gods would be quite something, but I'm not buying anything with only a little birdy's word behind it.

Villains

Darkseid: Clancy Brown

latest

Desaad: Burn Gorman

MV5BMTY3MzUyMTA0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg2NjExOQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Kalibak: Nathan Jones

Rictus-Erectus-mad-max.jpg

Granny Goodness: Kathleen Turner

6524-6.jpg

Mantis: Josh Helman

latest

Lashina: Briana Evigan

sonia-v002-200.jpg

Steppenwolf: Richard Armitage

richard-armitage-as-john-proctor.jpg

Dr. Bedlam: Mark Strong

139414_bj.jpg

Mad Harriet: Yolandi Visser
ac10a8622df63d32d20c14b3d94e9baa.jpg

If I were to do a New Gods movie, I'd have the movie have two protagonists: Orion and Mister Miracle. Essentially the tale of two sons, showcasing Orion and Mister Miracle's very different upbringings (note that they were traded at birth, with Mister Miracle being the son of Highfather yet traded to Darkseid and raised on Apokolips, and Orion being the son of Darkseid yet traded to Highfather and raised on New Genesis). This would allow for a great contrast of personalities, but also of the environments (Apokolips and New Genesis) and the rulers (Highfather and Darkseid). And then, have Orion and Mister Miracle (along with Big Barda) team-up and fight together to save the New Gods and the Fourth World.

If I were to do a New Gods movie, I'd have the movie have two protagonists: Orion and Mister Miracle. Essentially the tale of two sons, showcasing Orion and Mister Miracle's very different upbringings (note that they were traded at birth, with Mister Miracle being the son of Highfather yet traded to Darkseid and raised on Apokolips, and Orion being the son of Darkseid yet traded to Highfather and raised on New Genesis). This would allow for a great contrast of personalities, but also of the environments (Apokolips and New Genesis) and the rulers (Highfather and Darkseid). And then, have Orion and Mister Miracle (along with Big Barda) team-up and fight together to save the New Gods and the Fourth World.

Yessir. Mr. Miracle always trying to escape Apokolips. Barda helping him and defecting from Apokolips. Orion trying to wage war with Apokolips.

New Gods film could be crazy good.

George Miller to do the film? … Probably will be the best DCEU film, they have lots of room for creativity if they do this film too.
Plus they kind of need to do this to explain Darkseid and Apokolips before JL2, where they will kind of only briefly touch on it to save time..
Please let this happen.

Hugh Keays-Byrne - Darkseid
Tom Hardy - Orion

Rose Huntington-Whiteley, Zoë Kravitz, Riley Keough, Abbey Lee and Courtney Eaton as The Female Furies

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"