The Fourth Wolrd saga : The New Gods

superman-mos

Civilian
Reaction score
I know this has been brought up time and time again but with Apocalypse seeming to play a part in the DCEU I can't help but wonder if The Fourth World is in WBs plans . I mean here is a saga begging to be adapted into a movie series that in its rich characters and mythology could rival anything Disney could ever dream of with its Star Wars saga. Jack Kirby was a genius in his career and his designs simplistic enough that you can adapt to a modern audience but keep the soul of the characters intact . Here is a story that touches the bonds between a father and son , the age old question "does the son suffer the sins of the father?", are you your brothers keeper? , peace and war, love and hate, nature vs nurture , and so on . You can't even begin to tell me that if this was made with the right actors and the right directors that it could truly be an Oscar worthy film series that could even benefit from spin offs and prequels. It would be such an amazing thing to see unfold . Casting and the right director would of course be key and not to mention difficult but so possible . Also with the things I mentioned above and the elements these films would tackle I think you could attract big name actors .

Highfather: Daniel Day Lewis
Darkseid : Liam Neeson

Orion : Alexander Skarsgard
Lightray: Joseph Gordon Levitt
Mister Miracle : Jake Gyllenhaal
Big Barda: Paula Patton
Metron: Doug Jones
Bekka: Emily Blunt
Himon: Frank Langella
Bug the Forager: Nicholas Hoult
Avia: Rachel Weisz
Oberon: Warwick Davis

Kalibak: Tom Hardy
Granny Goodness: Helena Bonham Carter
Desaad:Kenneth Branagh
Glorious Godfrey: Colin Firth
Mad Harriett : Lena Heady
Bloody Mary: Carrie Ann Moss
Lashena: famke janssen
Steppenwolf: Ciaran Hinds
Kanto: Eric Bana

Tigra: Olivia Wilde
Yuga Kahn: Richard Armitage
Infinity Man/ Drax: Timothy Olyphant

Ok I gave the casting a go . Now for an explanation on some of the cast. Daniel Day Lewis was really my pick as Darkseid and Neeson as Highfather but it seems predictable. They would both absolutely kill in both of these rolls and with Neeson as Darkseid you would get that calm and cool evil tyrant . Tigra was cast younger due to her only being seen in Flashbacks and she dies giving birth to Orion. I cast the Furies as older because I wanted them to seem more experienced but also like they have seen some things . Hardy as Kalibak just seemed natural. I feel like he would bring extra depth to the character who only wants his fathers approval and goes to every end to make that happen . Levitt as the bright and positive Lightray just made perfect sense . Gyllenhaal as Scott Free was something I thought would be interesting . He has that heroic look but also that haunted look . Like you could see his past on Apocalypse in his eyes . While Scott is my favorite New God Orion is my second favorite and I wanted someone who had a physical presence that could stand toe to toe with Darkseid but also had some acting ability to play up the duplicity that really is Orion. He lives among the peaceful New Gods but really struggles with the hate and violence in his heart from being the son of Darkseid . Anyways this is my attempt and while it may not be perfect or likely ( unless WB is secretly stalking me) I like it

Last edited:
You blew the entire budget on the cast and you would still need a loan to finish paying them off. Let's not get into filming the thing, crew, sets, green screen, vfx and audio work, props.

You blew the entire budget on the cast and you would still need a loan to finish paying them off. Let's not get into filming the thing, crew, sets, green screen, vfx and audio work, props.

Well the great thing is it's just a fan and his wishful thinking so money wasn't really a deciding factor . Great thing about ideas and wishful thinking. Don't cost a thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"