The New Gods

Warner Bros. should be the anti-Disney and hand all their comic book properties over to auteurs. What the hell do they have to lose at this point? The creativity of any great director is fostered when you force him/her to ball on a budget. See: Spielberg and the lack of shark in Jaws. Please let this George Miller rumor be true and the start of a trend.

Rewatching TFA, Mark Hamill looks pretty HighFatherly. He's got a pretty great voice acting career, including of course voicing the Joker in numerous DC projects. But I'd love to see more of him live-action wise.

latest

He dealt with the Darkside of the force, and highfather does oppose Darkseid

A New Gods movie is beyond my dreams. I've seen a ton of my childhood comic heroes come to life, but I don't have faith a New Gods movie will happen. The Apokolips villians will be the best we'll get I'm afraid.

Yes, a New Gods film would be a sure sign of some serendipity in this crazed life. I would just not believe it until I was in the theater. Opening night. Love the casting ideas.

I was catching up on some Chinese cinema this week and I watched Monkey King 1 & 2 (based on Journey to the West) and I could see how a New Gods movie could draw inspiration from it aesthetically. Particularly New Genesis.

WB really needs to take a risk and do this movie. Orion, Mister Miracle, and Big Barda would be our heroes. Then by the time Justice League 2 comes around, some of the New Gods will team up with the JL to defeat Darkseid

I realize it sounds a lot like Infinity War with the GOTG and the Avengers teaming up, but I really think it's still the best way to go.

I've always seen the New Gods as a cosmic Lord of the Rings. Get George Miller on this and you've got one of the most epic superhero movies ever. People would go crazy for Orion. Casting for him is crucial. The guy needs a natural gruffness, while still being likable

Pilou Asbæk as Orion

IMG_2450.jpg

Edgar Ramírez as Mr. Miracle

IMG_2451.jpg

Isn't Mr. Miracle supposed to be a little guy? Ramírez is more of a bruiser, an Orion type if you will.

Yeah Ramirez doesn't strike me as that character at all.

Edgar Ramirez would be a great Orion to Javier Bardem's Darkseid

Also thought of Diego Luna as Miracle. Just as tall as Ramirez but much more slender. Less intense actor, too.

Why do I insists on latinos playing The New Gods? :shrug:

Riz Ahmed would be a good Miracle. Just thought of that.

:up:

Star Wars actors as TNG.

(Serkis as Desaad)

Pilou Asbæk as Orion would be amazing. Underrated actor. Has done many amazing movies. Also part ofthe upcoming Ghost in The Shell whose trailer looked​ sick!!!

I really want a Mister Miracle from the Tom King issues done in the style of Everything Everywhere all at once.

A way to introduce the backstory of the new Gods and the continued trauma of trying to live after it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"