The New Masters of Evil

deemar325 said:
Heh!

Ares looks to be a interesting character.

Ares is the ultimate monosylabic action hero who weilds very very large weapons. Pure sex and violence in human form. He is the God of War not in the sense of honorable and heroic combat, but in the sense of winning no matter the cost, even if it's your very soul. So, bascially, he kills lots of stuff and has a good time doing it.

Okay i've thought about it and i've tweaked my roster a bit
Now i'm going with.

Nefaria as leader still
Electro and Gravitron as the air support/Firepower
Abomination and Absorbing man as the heavy hitters
Purple Man and Mysterio for the tricky stuff (Mysterio isnt much on his own but i think he'd be a huge asset for a team if they used him right)
and Sabertooth Bullseye and Crossbones for the wetwork.
Klaw as well who would lend himself to the Electro Gravitron paring as well as bring tech support/science and some assistance with the the tricky mysterio type stuff.

The Question said:
Ares is the ultimate monosylabic action hero who weilds very very large weapons. Pure sex and violence in human form. He is the God of War not in the sense of honorable and heroic combat, but in the sense of winning no matter the cost, even if it's your very soul. So, bascially, he kills lots of stuff and has a good time doing it.

I shall predict the future!

Ares ongoing

Ares:I am War Journal

Ares and the X-men

Ares&Wolverine

Weapon War

Ares: Origin

MAX Comics: Ares

Marvel Adventures: Ares

Don't forget "Ares does Italy" and "Ares meets the Brady Bunch." :up:

And, we can't pass up "The Ares/Galaxy Trio show," "A very Ares Christmas," "It's a Wonderful Ares," "You're a Good war god, Ares," and "Ares saves Haloween."

Marvel is doomed to repeat history, any decent character that gains popularity and is in the mode of Punisher/Wolverine is doomed to over exposer.

So sad. In tn year's time, I'll probably hate Ares. Still, for the time being, he's Marvel's cult badass hero.

Viva la Ares!

Until the day Rob Liefeld or JMS taints Ares I'll like him.

Well, I don't have much against JMS, but let's leave that one alone for right now.

Anyway, about my Masters. I think a good storyline to have at one point is Zemo showing up, quite pissed that they're using the name of his family's team. It ends up escelating into a sort of gang war between two sets of Masters, until Nefaria convinces Zemo, who at this point has been trying to convince the world that he's gone legit, to join them. Zemo and his Thunderbolts end up making a deal, where Zemo gets a cut of Nefaria's profits as long as the Thunderbolts leave the new Masters' organization alone. This alos gives the group an in with the government.

EDIT: After reading some stuff on Zemo online, I see that he seems to be less self motivated these days, more interested in making a "perfect world" than ataining money or power. Still, he may end up fighting the Masters because they represent the evils of his father's legacy.

Not a bad idea for a story arc.

I see you already caught the minor flaw in the idea.

You know, I must say, I'm not entirely thrilled with Zemo's more recent characterization. It just seems like a complete rip off of what DC's been doing with Lex Luthor over the past several years. I suppose a nice middle ground would be to portray Zemo like the villain in Fifth Element. He believes that he's providing a very important service to the way of life of everyone else by instilling his brands of both order and chaos in the apropriate areas, but he's still rather greedy and thus wants his cut.

I'd like to see lots of different variations of MoE teams. Here's a few:

1.) Count Nefaria (leader)
Abomination
Electro
Speedfreek (the old one is dead, but someone else could take the armor)
Quicksand

2.) Graviton (leader)
Ravage (the Hulk villain)
War Machine (the ex-friend of Rhodes that stole a copy of the armor, long forgotten plot thread)
MODOK
Wizard

And taking a page MoE 7

3.) Crossfire (leader)
Constrictor
Boomerang
Shocker
Jack O'Lantern
Rhino
Eel
Lodestone
Shockwave
Mister Hyde
Styx and Stone
Vulture
Spymaster
Supercharger
Icemaster
Black Racer
Bushmaster
Puff Adder
Trapster
Titania
Powderkeg
Stilt-Man
Razorfist
Delilah

The Question said:
You know, I must say, I'm not entirely thrilled with Zemo's more recent characterization. It just seems like a complete rip off of what DC's been doing with Lex Luthor over the past several years. I suppose a nice middle ground would be to portray Zemo like the villain in Fifth Element. He believes that he's providing a very important service to the way of life of everyone else by instilling his brands of both order and chaos in the apropriate areas, but he's still rather greedy and thus wants his cut.

Okay. I just figured it out. Zemo wants to make his utopia, but he realizes that it will be a long process. In the mean time, crime needs to be controled. He also realizes that while crime syndicates are bad, they do keep crime in some form of order. Without the mafia, things would be much more chaotic and the bodies would be piling much faster. So, he cuts a deal with the new Masters. They follow some minor guidlines of his, and in return the Thunderbolts leave their organization alone and Zemo serves as their "man" in the federal government. This is, of course, one step on Zemo's road to creating his utopia, after which he will most likely turn on the Masters and either have them exicuted or offer them places in his empire as long as they do exactly what he says at all times.

Mandarin is also a racist, he believes the Chinese are superior to everyone else, no way Mandarin and Red Skull would be to work to together on level, are both racists but have different views on which race is superior.

I thought Mandarin's prejiduces were more cultural than racial. He feels that China was once a great empire and feels that it would be again under his rule. So, It's more "China is better" than "Asians are better."

The Question said:
I thought Mandarin's prejiduces were more cultural than racial. He feels that China was once a great empire and feels that it would be again under his rule.

I wouldn't be surprised if their both.

The Question said:
I thought Mandarin's prejiduces were more cultural than racial. He feels that China was once a great empire and feels that it would be again under his rule.

I wouldn't be surprised if their both.

I would. He's always been about returning China to it's former glory, but I don't think I've ever seen him being especially racist.

I'd say Mandarin is rascist.

I'm sure he'd look down on his son or daughter bringing home a "Round eye" especially a black one.

He hates American's, but that's more of because they're capitalist, which he hates badly. But yeah, he's racist.

I guess. His prehiduces just seemed, to me, more cultural than racial. Like, the Chinese culture and the empire that China once was (which he wishes to recreate by diposing of the Communists) is superior to the rest of the world. I don't think he sees whites or blacks as inferior, and probably would be indiferent towards them if their nations were conquered by his new Chinese empire.

Mandarin: Black Round eye!! You dishonor my daughter!!

Black Dude: Huh? What you sayin' bruh!?

M:*Counting fingers* Eeny, Meany, Meiney, Mo.... *ZAP!*

BD: Sweet Christmas!!! *Vaporized into dust.*

Mandarin's Daughter: Daddy NOOO!! I luv heemm!!!

M: Why you no date nice Chinese boy? At least a sexually repressed an uptight North Korean boy?

MD: He luv me long time!! *SOB*

I thought the Mandarin was fluent in english and spoke in a manner befiting a well educated aristocrat. :huh:

The Question said:
I guess. His prehiduces just seemed, to me, more cultural than racial. Like, the Chinese culture and the empire that China once was (which he wishes to recreate by diposing of the Communists) is superior to the rest of the world. I don't think he sees whites or blacks as inferior, and probably would be indiferent towards them if their nations were conquered by his new Chinese empire.

No, I agree for the most part. I said a lot like that, but he also retains people of Asian ethnicity for things he does, and hardly enjoys dealing with anybody else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"