The New Masters of Evil

Mistress Gluon said:
No, I agree for the most part. I said a lot like that, but he also retains people of Asian ethnicity for things he does, and hardly enjoys dealing with anybody else.

Still, that could simply be atributed to the fact that he lives in Asia. I mean, if you're a crime lord/war lord type in Africa, trying to overthrow the government and whatnot, a majority of those working for you are going to be black. Not because you're racist, but because you live in ****ing Africa.

The Question said:
I thought the Mandarin was fluent in english and spoke in a manner befiting a well educated aristocrat. :huh:

Yeah he does, I'm just josh'n.

Anyway.....

The Question said:
Okay. I just figured it out. Zemo wants to make his utopia, but he realizes that it will be a long process. In the mean time, crime needs to be controled. He also realizes that while crime syndicates are bad, they do keep crime in some form of order. Without the mafia, things would be much more chaotic and the bodies would be piling much faster. So, he cuts a deal with the new Masters. They follow some minor guidlines of his, and in return the Thunderbolts leave their organization alone and Zemo serves as their "man" in the federal government. This is, of course, one step on Zemo's road to creating his utopia, after which he will most likely turn on the Masters and either have them exicuted or offer them places in his empire as long as they do exactly what he says at all times.

Thoughts?

Sounds like something Zemo would rationalize and put into action.

Although I wish he'd just go back to the evil bastard Zemo.

Yeah. The villain who wants to save the world wether we like it or not works for Lex Luthor, but with Zemo it feels rather cheap. Lex has usually seen himself as being the hero, but Zemo was born and bred to be a little less morally ambiguous. I mean, his dad was a Nazi scientist. Even at his worst, he was pretty damn tame by comparison.

Sometimes I think T-Bolts was a mistake as a series. Yeah it was awesome when it was first introduced, but I'm kind of tired of classic Marvel villians playing hero.

Well, with some of the characters, it worked. Beetle, Screaming Mimi, and Goliath were never really truely evil. Just glorified bank robbers. The Fixer remains the amoral profiterr he always was. He's just getting payed by the good guys. But Zemo really shouldn't have changed.

That's another thing, Songbird was always lame to me. I love Mark Bagley's art to death and I worship at his alter, but his character designs never appealed to me. His designs reeked of 90's shoulder pads,metal boots and elbow pads.

Tom Grummett never liked his art, T-Bolts need a upgrade in artists.

Songbird's design wasn't that bad. It was certainly an upgrade on her old atire:

Screaming_Mimi_001.jpg

Baron Zemo's no Lex Luthor-let him be stark evil it's more fun that way! And yeah with Beetle and Screaming Mimi it was interesting to see them discover the joys of being heroes after their life of crime but Zemo is just bad to the bone. He's the guy who lives for gloating about his evil plans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"