The NEW OFFICIAL Green Arrow Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/sdcc-2010-dc-nation-kickoff-100722.htmlCCI: DC Nation Kickoff LIVE!

A female fan asked "What is it about Roy Harper that attracts the most *****acular things to happen?"

"It's tricky to find these characters you can take these chances with, but everyone has a strong investment in," Krul said. "You can do stuff with Roy Harper that you really can't do with Green Arrow. We're not going to cut off Green Arrow's arm ... until issue seven," he joked.

Talk of Roy brought up "Green Arrow" where Krul explained that part of his goal for the series was giving him a homebase in Star City like Batman has with Gotham. "We wanted to give him his own center of the universe, and other people will come in like Hal [Jordan] is in issue #2," the writer explained of how he'll play smaller city-focused stories off of bigger DCU events. "At the end of the day, it's a guy trying to do what he thinks is right with a bow and arrow."

The "Rise of Arsenal" issue by Krul that rocketed around the comics blogosphere with a largely negative reaction was brought up by a fan wondering if editorial interference was the cause of the story not connecting with fans. Didio took the question first, saying, "Every book isn't going to please everybody...that's why we sit in this room like this. You're not going to find two people with the same reaction to any book." He added, "We think that was the right tone and the right voice for what was going on there. You may disagree, and that's okay...The fact that we're talking about an Arsenal book is something that would never have happened [before this story.]"Krul then took the mic saying, "This was a story I felt needed to be told...if we would have done a new JLA issue where nobody talked about it [it would have been out of place.] This is what that story was about.

Last edited:
Ah, the familiar old, "You may have hated it, but at least you're talking about it!" idea. I wonder if that actually holds any weight in reality. Personally, I've had fun lambasting The Rise of Arsenal based on the pages we've seen online, but I'm still no more interested in Arsenal than I was before.

I'm pretty sure if you go around telling someone a particular thing is crap, no matter how many people you tell, you're still telling them its crap so they aren't going to buy it.

Some people have enough of a morbid fascination with watching train wrecks that they'll actually go out of their way to see bad s*** just to see how bad it really was.

Why is a story about Roy Harper not being able to get it up and clutching a dead cat in an alley a story that needed to be told? WHY?!

Why is a story about Roy Harper not being able to get it up and clutching a dead cat in an alley a story that needed to be told? WHY?!

27678333f392c226217768f.jpg

:dry:

A story that needed to be told.

I like the idea of Star City becoming more central to the DCU than it has been previously. Making it more than just Ollie's home town and base really adds importance to it, and him. Those characters who are unpowered, but rely on skills and athleticism need another aspect of their background to up their overall importance I think.

Which hero with non-cybernetic prosthetics is Robinson talking about? 'Cause it sure isn't Arsenal. Does he understand what cybernetic actually means?

How is it? I was very curious about it but still remained hesitant as I have not liked anything GA related since whenever Winnick took over years ago. This is coming from somebody who grew up on Grell's GA and was such a huge fan of the character that he was only second to Batman as my fave masked vigilante.

Loved the first two issues. Im new to GA so i dont know alot about him, but this makes me wanna lol.

I wonder where they are going with him gettin shot in the head with the arrow though. Kinda hard to come back from that one lol

Aha! Except he was shot in the head while in a forest that sprung up overnight from the power of the white lantern which has already resurrected several heroes, and Ollie himself is a hero who returned from the dead (fully from heaven actually - doesn't get much more "definitely died and definitely rose" than that). The forest is a dead zone for other lantern energy, electronics, and shifts around. If there's anywhere Ollie could get shot in the head and return from it - it'd be there

Loved the first two issues. Im new to GA so i dont know alot about him, but this makes me wanna lol.

I wonder where they are going with him gettin shot in the head with the arrow though. Kinda hard to come back from that one lol

He's already been killed before by being blow up with no remains left and he still came back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"