The Official Superman Thread

Actually you'd pretty much piss off everyone if the Lois/Clark marriage ended. Much like the Peter/M.J. marriage, the vast majority of people are rather content with it.

i do believe that any story done correctly that treats the characters with respect could work...yeah there would be both good and bad backlash but its rare that there isnt some complaints even in a great story...

people digging far enough can always find faults with anything...

but hey everyone has their own opinion....after all thats why we're all here right lol....

Why do you hate us Mr. Quesada? :csad:

Me personally...I just dont like anything Marvel has put out over the last few years...

Civil War was horrible...and what they've done to Spiderman with OMD was ludicrous...

I mean this is just a short answer cuz I dont wanna turn it into a Marvel thread lol....

She's not even a mom, though. She's a foster mom. It's not like she got fat and popped a baby out of herself. She's physically exactly the same as she was before Chris came into her life.

not speaking about her physcially, but i always thought she had a sex appeal to her..she doesn't have that anymore. she always came off as a sassy reporter, not *****y tho. I haven't seenmuch of that in a while.

She's an army brat....with a will to match Superman's and with the body a little bit above the usual comic book normal person.....

I can see the appeal in her. She's superman's woman after all. So obviously she MUST have something going for her.

I'll probably give his first few issues a try. I've missed Superman lately. I haven't been into Johns or Busiek's take on him.

This is awesome. Robinson on Superman is like my wet dream come true.

still i mean even in the hush storyline where Batman was clearly prepared...the only way he could even get breathing room was by putting Lois in danger...if not that Bruce was about to go down...

even in the Sacrifice arc he nearly killed Batman even with all the Watchtower defenses going ballistic...it was only due to Max calling him away that he stopped the assault as well as the fact that he took half the League down casually only stopping because he had something to do...

I just dont see him standing much of a chance...even if Bruce used lead shielding and superman using heat ray vision would heat up the metal to the point where it would cook him alive inside it...

I know this conversation was quite a while ago, but still...

I just wanted to point out that in BOTH those cases (Hush and Sacrifice) Superman was not himself. And as is often stated in the comics/movies/animatedshows/EVERYWHERE Supes is constantly holding himself back in order to not injure normal humans. Therefore, it would make sense that in these two cases where he almost killed Bats, he was going fill tilt. Something that I feel Superman would never do against Batman, no matter how mad he was at him.

Therefore those two instances don't count, and every other example I can think of has Bats winning. As someone pointed out before, Supes would have to attack him as a total surprise, which he has never done, and probably will never do. Even in Kingdom Come he didn't attack Batman outright without warning.

To put it even more simply, Batman is able to trick Superman, but Superman wouldn't trick/surprise Batman. He just doesn't have it in him.

Why would Superman need to trick Batman when he can knock Batman's head off before Batman's synapses could even fire? :huh:

Sorry, by "trick" i meant sneak up on him, or something else to keep him unprepared.

He ALWAYS tries to talk to Bats first. Which gives him a chance to get out that trust Green K ring.

Well, everythings built on circumstance. If Supes was in his right mind, and felt the need to take Bruce down, he'd do it. Something as simple as speeding up to him and flicking him in the forehead would do the trick. Supes knows that trying to talk Bat's into doing something he doesn't want to is fuitle. If Supes really wanted to take him down, he'd do so like he's done countless other flatscans before. With little effort. Hell, the only time Bat's has ever really stood a chance is when Supes is out of his mind. Which is kinda f**ked up when you think about it.

Well, everythings built on circumstance. If Supes was in his right mind, and felt the need to take Bruce down, he'd do it. Something as simple as speeding up to him and flicking him in the forehead would do the trick. Supes knows that trying to talk Bat's into doing something he doesn't want to is fuitle. If Supes really wanted to take him down, he'd do so like he's done countless other flatscans before. With little effort. Hell, the only time Bat's has ever really stood a chance is when Supes is out of his mind. Which is kinda f**ked up when you think about it.

What about Dark Knight Returns?

What about Dark Knight Returns?

Okay then, the only time Batman has taken Supes down is when Supes is out of his mind or in ****ty non-continuity stories where he's being written as a ******ed four-year-old by the written word's answer to Rob Liefeld.

Okay then, the only time Batman has taken Supes down is when Supes is out of his mind or in ****ty non-continuity stories where he's being written as a ******ed four-year-old by the written word's answer to Rob Liefeld.
Plus Superman had just been hit by a nuclear bomb and drained of much of his solar power. There's also the fact that Superman was quite obviously still holding back in the DKR fight. Even with the strain he had already been put through, Clark still had more than enough power to punch his hand right through Batman's chest, but instead chose to break his ribs. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"