The New Xbox Live Experience

This surprisingly looks a LOT like me and I actually have a shirt like this.

Do you guys think Microsoft should come up with something like Playstation Home's virtual world? Or do you think avatar alone is enough?

Do you guys think Microsoft should come up with something like Playstation Home's virtual world? Or do you think avatar alone is enough?

No because every single review i've seen of sonys "home" says it is a pile of crap.

I think there is a lot of potential for something similar to Home; a multi-user space where you can play games, listen to music, watch movies and tv, and interact with each other all in real time. However, based on everything I've seen and heard about Home, I don't think it is quite there just yet.

I've read where a bunch of Canadians are using US addresses to register and not adding anything to their ship queue.

Of course, soon after reading that, I saw someone say they screwed up and mistakenly had a disc shipped to some McDonalds in Chicago or something.

As long as it doesn't happen all the time, it can be reported lost/stolen, so even if you slip up somehow, you'll be ok (in theory)
Not a bad idea. Must investigate further.

I think there is a lot of potential for something similar to Home; a multi-user space where you can play games, listen to music, watch movies and tv, and interact with each other all in real time. However, based on everything I've seen and heard about Home, I don't think it is quite there just yet.
I don't know about anyone else, but I would never use that. If I fire up my 360, I'm looking to either play a game or watch something on Netflix.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would never use that. If I fire up my 360, I'm looking to either play a game or watch something on Netflix.

Exactly. The idea that you need to go to a virtual couch to watch a virtual tv with your virtual friends is completely ridiculous to me. The 360 already offers the ability to get together with a group of friends and share media, talk, and hop into games. There's no need to wrap second life around it.

So i just bought a 360 during the Black Friday madness. I am curious to know if there is a way i can connect my XBOX to get online sans the use of the 100 dollar wireless adapter. My PC is right next to my 360 and I connect to the internet wireless via the cable connection in my house. The router i have is all the way upstairs in my house as I live in the basement apartment. Is there anyway a connection can be done? Will i have to buy another router to connect to my PC? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance from a 360 n00b in need :hehe:

If your PC has an ethernet card, you could try connecting your 360 to your PC with an ethernet cable. The 360 might be able to jump onto your wireless network through your PC. I know it's possible between two PCs, but the difference there is that you'd have to set up a LAN between the two of them and I'm not sure if you can do that with a 360. It's worth a try if you don't want to spend $100, though. I certainly didn't, but luckily my router is right next to my PC and my 360.

If I bought another router and connected it to my pc would that be better?...It would certainly be cheaper.

The problem is I am in the basement and the modem in all the way upstairs. Two floors up

Ahhh I see. Well i'm lucky, my modem is set up right by my TV and 360. Couldn't you just get a really long ethernet cable? Actually, scrap that, they are just as expensive as the wireless router. You probably are better off getting it wireless man.

I hate that they don't let you use any old wireless adapter for the 360. External PC wireless adapters are fairly cheap now.

I hate that they don't let you use any old wireless adapter for the 360. External PC wireless adapters are fairly cheap now.

Yea that is a bit of a piss take. How much are they over there? I think they're about £60 over here.

I've seen PC ones cheaper. Like in the $60 range. The cheapest ones are internal, though, which doesn't help for a 360 at all.

Presuming that router you have has already created the wireless network you'll be using, all you'd need for the 360 is the wireless network adapter. If you have no wireless network, you'd need to get a wireless router too, which is another $60 to $100 last time I checked (which was a couple years ago, in fairness, so they might be a lot cheaper now).

If you're switching from SD to HD, you may want to invest in an HDMI cable as well (assuming you have one of the newer 360s with an HDMI output). Microsoft sells them, but you can get far cheaper ones from Newegg or Best Buy or any tech shop.

I actually just checked my 360 now and I don't have an HDMI output. Is there an adapter or an add on I can get?

So i just bought a 360 during the Black Friday madness. I am curious to know if there is a way i can connect my XBOX to get online sans the use of the 100 dollar wireless adapter. My PC is right next to my 360 and I connect to the internet wireless via the cable connection in my house. The router i have is all the way upstairs in my house as I live in the basement apartment. Is there anyway a connection can be done? Will i have to buy another router to connect to my PC? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance from a 360 n00b in need :hehe:

Look for the MN-740 (the original Xbox wireless adapter) it'll work and you can pick them up relatively cheap (currently 22-30 on Ebay)

The only difference between that and the newer one is that the newer one supports faster network types (802.11a/b/g) while this one does (802.11/b/g) There's a different security type as well (WPA-PSK I think)

I finally bought a new one when I bought 2nd 360, and the new wireless adapter is worth every penny. Compared to the Wii and PS3 wireless adapters I've seen faster transfers and less dropped connections with this one than any of the others.

I'd suggest going to Best Buy and signing up on the Rewards Zone program (there's a gaming one as well which you should sign up for) You'll get a 10-15% coupon off in the mail fairly often, which will bring the cost down to $85-90. The gaming club (free) gives you a $10 gift certificate for every $150 spent. Add another game and you have $150 which gives you the $10 certificate.

There's other 3rd party alternatives, but I haven't messed with them.

Does anyone know if people are still having problems after downloading the New xbox Live Experience? I'm getting the wireless adapter and xbox live for x-mas and I want to know if my xbox will get messed up if I download this or not. I've got Netflix so I'm looking forward to using this, but also don't want to risk breaking my xbox.

Does anyone know if people are still having problems after downloading the New xbox Live Experience? I'm getting the wireless adapter and xbox live for x-mas and I want to know if my xbox will get messed up if I download this or not. I've got Netflix so I'm looking forward to using this, but also don't want to risk breaking my xbox.

I don't think many people had problems, I'm sure most of the RROD'd 360s were on the brink as it was and it got blamed on the update. It's also had time to be tweaked internally. I wouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"