The next Batman composer(s) Thread.

Tacit Ronin

Avenger
Reaction score
Even if it is the same "wall of sound" approach employed by Hans Zimmer, our previous composer of the bat Franchise, I would love to see Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross take a stab at it. Who I think produced a far higher quality of work for the last two Fincher films working within similar approaches Hans Zimmer utilized in Inception and most of the Dark Knight Rises.

Can you imagine something like this in a Batman movie? How could you not?

[YT]oY0_xviyJZs[/YT]

Or we can go an understandably opposite direction of full on classical orchestra and possibly have someone like John Ottoman as our next Bat composer.

Last edited:
^i could dig that, maybe the chemical brothers, I loved their score for Hanna.

The Hanna score was excellent. I'm definitely up for something more modern and energetic for the next Batman series. Trent Reznor would be on my list as well.

One More Time is one of my most favourite songs, but Daft Punk?

Thomas Newman or Howard Shore are my two favorites to score the next Batman. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross could be interesting as well.

Howard Shore, John Ottman, or David Arnold would all be great picks.

But, without a doubt, the best choice is Christopher Young.

Reznor, Ross, and Daft Punk are great picks if you want mindless noise without any real character, musical ideas, or depth.

Reznor, Ross, and Daft Punk are great picks if you want mindless noise without any real character, musical ideas, or depth.
If you don't like NIN and Daft Punk, you have absolutely no taste. Shame on you and your terrible taste in music.. :doh:

Alexandre Desplat
Ramin Djawadi
Michael Giacchino

Yeah, definitely no Ross/Reznor for me please. To me what they do is the "Zimmer approach" run amuck into the realm of complete random gibberish. As far as I'm concerned they robbed Zimmer of an Oscar for Inception. It's completely a matter of taste, but it's simply not by cup of tea.

However...I might be more accepting of them or an electronic artist like Daft Punk doing the score if the reboot was Batman Beyond.

Assuming the reboot isn't a Beyond type of thing, I like the John Ottman idea. His Superman Returns score is sadly underrated. And Thomas Newman would be another very classy choice who I'm sure would do great work.

Also, this is pure fanboy wishing but Christopher Drake has impressed me with his work on Dark Knight Returns. I think he has the chops to cross over to film if he wanted to.

Just listened to half of Daft Punks tron and while I can say it had potential it did not hit the way a film score should. While not seeing the movie the themes had no real life in them and was boring. Now not every score has to be epic but this one was just not what I had in mind. Now while I think it had some potential to grow as score makers they would not be in my top 5 to do the score.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross and The Chemical Brothers would be amazing, but my vote goes to Cliff Martinez.

[YT]ZnZ_uXOQU7A[/YT]
[YT]5o2E5DpURy8[/YT]

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross with David Fincher directing.

cliché reply, I know .

Bear McCreary :up:
[YT]OqSdIAcYr-E[/YT]
Could totally imagine something like this accompanying Bats doing some detective work.

His score for evil dead was really cool, and he has an awesome name too.

I listened to it on YT. Very Batman esque :)

Minus the Silent Hill siren lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"