The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I wish folks stop saying there must be a solo films first first. Fans need a World's Finest, Trinty, or Justice League. Amy Manson is looked at for Wonder Woman for the CW channel.The Green Arrow has a show.

Not going to even bother reading this because you just compared Heath Ledger, a real ACTOR who had skill prior to playing the Joker to an MMA fighter who has had 2 movie roles, both made for her and one where she was dubbed.

I doubt WW fans would want an inexperienced woman paying this larger than life character who hasn't been in much outside of the old tv show and cartoons.

Look man, I'm not here to argue, I'm here as a fan. Obviously you read some of my post, you stated your opinion, but just to let you know some people had also had doubts about other actors playing certain characters. In my time Harrison Ford was though of being the next Batman, but it went to Michael Keaton which a lot of people where against it. Keaton was a great Batman/Bruce Wayne.

You say "I doubt WW fans would want an inexperience woman playing this larger than life character." Let me tell you this Linda Carter was not the first Wonder Woman and she was a Miss America with a few acting classes under her belt, she became an icon when she became Wonder Woman. Last time she played Wonder Woman was around 75 or 76 give or take. That's almost 40 years without a Wonder Woman in film, not animation, live film. I would be static if a Wonder Woman film would take off already cause I'm, just like a lot of people are tired of seeing Batman. I would give Carino a chance, she's only done a few films, but if you feels that there some one else that could embrace Wonder Woman then by all means say it. Cause as of right now, they have the ability to bring Wonder Woman any way they want to but with WB track record I really doubt it they will listen to those that have been involved in Wonder Woman stories and the fans.

The only 2 reasons why I brought up Heath Ledger was because nobody believed that Ledger could pull it off, and two if you look at the Batman films (including the live show), the best Jokers have a 20 year break in between films. I don't believe anyone will top Ledger anytime soon. But guess what Nolan was the guy that took a chance with him against everyone else wishes. I'm not comparing careers but doubts that others have before the final product.

I think they'll do Wonder Woman (2016) then Batman (2017). Whether that be Arkham style or Batman Beyond.

The best thing for them to do is stop thinking about JL. It'll come when the time calls for it. World's Finest should be the priority before that ever happens. If WB are confused with what to do with a Batman solo reboot, then just introduce him in WF in 2017 instead.

Totally agree with that. I don't even see why they should necessarily have a shared universe, just focus on making great movies.

Anyone think that the earth shattering nature of Batman and Superman finally sharing the screen in WF would kinda take away from the spectacle that is JL?

Maybe they'll need to be separated by a few years and a few solo films.

Totally agree with that. I don't even see why they should necessarily have a shared universe, just focus on making great movies.

The best thing for them to do is stop thinking about JL. It'll come when the time calls for it.

I think that's the only way, at this point, to do the individual characters justice. Trying to connect them in some way for a JL movie (which is not even the priority at the moment) would hurt the individual stories. When they get together down the line, then they will just get together, no matter their backgrounds and powers. Whether they have magic or sci-fi etc.

There's a rumor that a Batman reboot will be coming in 2015. Very interesting. I wonder if this means we'll be getting Justice League and Batman in the same year?! And i also wonder if this Batman reboot will be the rumored Batman Beyond film.

Based on Diane Nelson's comments, and recent rumors, I'd say the new slate of DC films will be MOS2, Batman reboot, Justice League, Aquaman, Sandman, and JL:Dark. And to be honest, to me, that is a PERFECT SLATE. Those 5 are the films I want to see adapted most, I honestly think Aquaman has so much potential, and I want to see a Wonder Woman film, but I want to see Aquaman more.

Nelson's comments on Sandman have me so excited, that has been at the top of my movie "want list" for a long time. Sandman and JL: Dark should have some crossover elements, both will be great representation of the rich mystical world DC/Vertigo has created over the years.

We already knew MOS2 and a Batman reboot would be inevitable, and I'm incredibly excited for both. I'm hoping for Lex/Brainiac and an appearance from Jimmy in MOS2 and Dick Grayson to be a major plot point in the reboot with maybe Freeze as the villain.

The one movie I'd add to that slate would be Wonder Woman, Flash can be saved for a little later. I think before going in to the JL film, we should get a Wonder Woman origin film. I think we need at least film for each of the trinity before going into JL.

It'd be sweet if WB could produce three films a year

2015: Wonder Woman (Spring), Batman (Summer), MOS2 (Winter)
2016: Flash (Spring), Aquaman (Summer), Heaven Sent/JL: Dark (Winter)
2017: Justice League (Summer), Sandman (Winter)

Last edited:
There's a rumor that a Batman reboot will be coming in 2015. Very interesting. I wonder if this means we'll be getting Justice League and Batman in the same year?! And i also wonder if this Batman reboot will be the rumored Batman Beyond film.

Based on Diane Nelson's comments, and recent rumors, I'd say the new slate of DC films will be MOS2, Batman reboot, Justice League, Aquaman, Sandman, and JL:Dark. And to be honest, to me, that is a PERFECT SLATE. Those 5 are the films I want to see adapted most, I honestly think Aquaman has so much potential, and I want to see a Wonder Woman film, but I want to see Aquaman more.

Nelson's comments on Sandman have me so excited, that has been at the top of my movie "want list" for a long time. Sandman and JL: Dark should have some crossover elements, both will be great representation of the rich mystical world DC/Vertigo has created over the years.

Nelson's comments about Sandman were unexpected, but great. Interesting that she compared it to the Harry Potter universe. Though it would be more mature.

I am not sure about how easy it would be to crack an Aquaman story. I think it is something she wants and thinks has potential, not necessarily something that will happen soon.

I don't know about the Batman reboot and JL movie coming so soon as 2015. MOS2 most likely.

Nelson's comments about Sandman were unexpected, but great. Interesting that she compared it to the Harry Potter universe. Though it would be more mature.

I am not sure about how easy it would be to crack an Aquaman story. I think it is something she wants and thinks has potential, not necessarily something that will happen soon.

I don't know about the Batman reboot and JL movie coming so soon as 2015. MOS2 most likely.

I haven't read much Aquaman, but i read Geoff Johns' run, I saw the JL episodes pertaining to Aquaman, and I've read a lot of JL stories with Aquaman in it, and based on that I think there is a lot of Aquaman potential. His story is similar to Thor's, so they'd have to downplay some similar aspects but I think his story is a classic one and it could make a great film.

I only say the stuff about Batman and JL coming in 2015, because JL's been rumored to come out in '15 for a while, and this rumor below is suggesting Batman comes out in'15 as well.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63313

I haven't read much Aquaman, but i read Geoff Johns' run, I saw the JL episodes pertaining to Aquaman, and I've read a lot of JL stories with Aquaman in it, and based on that I think there is a lot of Aquaman potential. His story is similar to Thor's, so they'd have to downplay some similar aspects but I think his story is a classic one and it could make a great film.

I only say the stuff about Batman and JL coming in 2015, because JL's been rumored to come out in '15 for a while, and this rumor below is suggesting Batman comes out in'15 as well.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63313

I would like to see an Aquaman movie too. I think it would be great. It just seems like a massive undertaking. But it just seems almost as hard to crack as Wonder Woman's story. Plus the underwater effects. But I agree that it does have potential and is classic and his story could have a long history.

Oh, I hadn't read that aintitcoolnews article. I had heard about Batman possibly being in 2015. I don't know...and the Justice League thing. I thought Snyder said he wanted to make MOS2 first, and JL would come further down the line. Guess we will just have to wait for an announcement or news from Comic Con. There was also a rumour that they were aiming for Wonder Woman in 2016. It would be hard to make so many of these movies for release in the same year and so soon.

why would WB realese a JL movie in the same year when Avengers 2 will brake all records and get all the attention?

WB can not win in 2015. and second place is not an option.

Teenage Mutant Amazons. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"