The next DC storyline to be adapted to DTV?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Personally, as much as I would like to see WB branch out into other characters, I would love to see The Killing Joke or The Long Halloween. The only thing about the Killing Joke storyline is i'm sure it is way too brutal, even for PG-13.

Anyhow, what do you guys think?

Killing Joke would be good, but it would require some modifications to be PG-13. If they did exactly what was in there it would be Rated-R.
I think Batman: The Long Halloween should be one that should be made.
I am looking forward though to the upcoming Teen Titans: The Judas Contract movie.

Seeing Hush (or any Bat story really) in DCUA canon with Kevin Conroy would be cool

also an incarnation of the JSA would be cool also.

last but not least Trinity!

Kingdom Come is begging to be made. I would LOVE if Hush was done right with proper animation and what not. I would want somethig that was of Jim Lee level artwork animated, that would be in a perfect world for me.

Me, I just want to see Tim Sale's style in animation. The Long Halloween would just be so perfect, with a possibility of a Dark Victory sequel.

Other:

The Golden Age
Dark Knight Returns
Batman Red Rain (Vampire) Series

I'm sure there are a few others I could think of, but those three would be amazing to see.

Didn't they say at Comic Con that they planned on making a Batman: The Long Halloween DTV?

With Conroy's voice, hopefully.

Didn't they say at Comic Con that they planned on making a Batman: The Long Halloween DTV?

With Conroy's voice, hopefully.

They did mention it, but gave no timeframe. For all we know, it could be for another few years.

I would LOVE to see Kingdom Come translated into an animated movie. Just as long as it is faithful to adaptation (like JL: The New Frontier) and longer than past DC DTVs (at least 100 minutes).

I would LOVE to see Kingdom Come translated into an animated movie. Just as long as it is faithful to adaptation (like JL: The New Frontier) and longer than past DC DTVs (at least 100 minutes).

Agreed.
I also think they should try to do Vertigo/Wildstorm stuff like Hellblazer, Preacher, Sandman, Ex Machina, Y the Last Man (probably unlikely since they are planning a live-action one).

I recently just thought that having Superman/Batman: Public Enemies would be an awesome idea.

I recently just thought that having Superman/Batman: Public Enemies would be an awesome idea.

Good story, but it doesnt seem like it stands out enough for its own film. I guess it could just be called World's Finest.

I just had an idea. DC/WB should do an animated Batman trilogy consisting of Batman: Year One, The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. I think it would be awesome. Of course, I would also love DKR.

My vote is for Kingdom Come. Seeing JL:NF has given me confidence that these guys know how to translate a beloved comic into animation.

Agreed. After watching (and truly enjoying) New Frontier...they can definately bring KINGDOM COME to life...

According to the DC Universe listing of upcoming movies, there are plans for another Justice League storyline...let's all hope. They tackled the Golden Age, so why not head in the opposite direction.

Kingdom Comes all the way, wonder if they can do it in Ross style art.

Agreed.
I also think they should try to do Vertigo/Wildstorm stuff like Hellblazer, Preacher, Sandman, Ex Machina, Y the Last Man (probably unlikely since they are planning a live-action one).

they can probably come up with some sort of prequel and animate it sorta like Batman: Gotham Knight.

Kingdom Come as a finale to the DCAU.

superman.gif
batman.gif
magog.gif
greenlantern.gif
wonderwoman.gif

Nice, did you make them or find them and where.

This would truly be the single greatest idea they could do for the DCAU!!!! I am all for Justice League: Kingdom Come.

kc2gt4.jpg

Additional images can be found here...pretty cool if this could happen!!
http://kingdomcome.cjb.net/

kingdomcomeanimatednq1.jpg

^ only if it was translated, not adapted.

Superman:Doomsday was awful drek that frustrated me !

I just wish that these movies could be bumped up to about 90 minutes. I just felt that Superman: Doomsday didnt have a whole lot of development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"