The next Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no sense in launching before, nor alongside the Wii-U. I'm glad to see Microsoft taking their time. While the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are dried-up platforms with nothing exciting on the horizon, there is no need to rush. The last thing we need is more unreliable hardware and a tepid launch portfolio.

I mean, the 360 is still making them money and I think they're in no rush.

Yep. A lot of people can't seem to get through their heads that if a new console were to come out, the old one wouldn't magically cease to exist.

Yep. A lot of people can't seem to get through their heads that if a new console were to come out, the old one wouldn't magically cease to exist.

To be fair, that's basically what happened to the Xbox when the 360 came out.

Yeah, but that's like the only time that's ever happened, and Microsoft took a lot of heat for it.

They took a lot of heat for it. I figured they only took a lot of heat for the lack of backwards compatibility for a lot of games.

Yep. Wouldn't have been as gross if 360 backwards compatibility was a lot better out of the gate. I guess Microsoft couldn't conceive a world in which people just might want to play games other than Halo and Halo 2. :whatever:

Yeah, but that's like the only time that's ever happened, and Microsoft took a lot of heat for it.
you mean only time for MS? Bc thats also basically what happened with Sega (Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast) and Nintendo (N64/GC/Wii). Sony is pretty much the only one that hasnt killed its previous console upon release of a new one. Theres a precedent set out there with the rest

I will probably buy a 720 at launch but the 360 I expect will still be my primary console for a year or two after that.

Just because Microsoft or Sony wouldn't stop supporting the PS3/360 also doesn't mean that "next gen" is needed yet.

No rush. Seriously.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...Tablet-Controller-Planned-for-Next-Xbox-.html

Touchscreen Tablet Controller Planned for Next Xbox?

Rumour has it that the next Xbox will have a touchscreen tablet controller not all that dissimilar to the Nintendo Wii U's controller, which also has a touchscreen embedded in its chassis with the sticks and buttons relegated to the controller's edges.
Xbox World Magazine [via NeoGAF] has heard on the grapevine that Microsoft is experimenting with a far sleeker version of the Wii U-style controller, with an HD touchscreen surrounded by your analogue sticks and face buttons, with triggers presumably still on the back.
According to the report from "sources", the screen will adapt to content, so it'll be a remote for your television, it'll be an internet browser and it'll be a menu screen or portable interface display with extra buttons. It'll even make you a cup of tea (or not).
In other next-gen news, Epic's VP Mark Rein revealed that the developer has Unreal Engine 4 running on "systems we can't name yet". Xbox 720/Loop/whatever? Maybe. And as ever, rumours are still abound that the next Xbox will be releasing in 2013. Still nothing is concrete yet, so it could all be a load of old balls. We'll see.

reel-steel-movie-photo-11.jpg

MS already dismissed rumors about the next console being revealed this year and that 360's life cycle still has more to go!..But rumors about the new controller still continue?,That quote from Epic is interesting But I still think it's all BS now!

IF true though that description on the tablet leaves me with mixed feelings,I actually like the sound of it and all But I just hope they have the old or 360's controller as compatible to have options like for Wii U!!

MS already dismissed rumors about the next console being revealed this year and that 360's life cycle still has more to go!..

Right. As if Microsoft would ever say, "Yep. We're totally going to announce our new console this E3! But...keep buying those 360s anyway!"

Well no But I just didn't expect them to deny the rumors like that,I expected them to ignore rumors or just simply say"rumors are false"and that's it without mentioning 360's life cycle continuing for a long time(unless their going to pull a Sony and have new games for the old&new consoles for a long time..But I expect they'll ignore the 360 like original xbox)!!

I don't think they'll do that. The 360 is an entirely different beast than the OG Xbox. They now have a much, much larger install base they don't want to piss off.

Haha I love all these rumors, since probably 98% of them are wrong. Look at all the rumors that came out about the wiiu and really the only one that was right was that it had a touch screen controller.

Im so sick and tired of MS and Sony trying to copy nintendo. I dont want some wierd ass controller with screens, motion controls, touchscreen. Just buttons and sticks lol

Update to console and graphics, controllers are great the way they are.

Im so sick and tired of MS and Sony trying to copy nintendo. I dont want some wierd ass controller with screens, motion controls, touchscreen. Just buttons and sticks lol

Update to console and graphics, controllers are great the way they are.
I'm fine with all that as long as it's optional. Some of it might be quite cool. But if the only controller you can use has a load of compulsory crap on it that gets in the way it seems like a big risk for any company that wants to be leading in the serious games market.

I just wish they'd do something original. Even if Microsoft thought of doing this YEARS ago they're going to look like they're copying Nintendo.. Again.

I'm fine with Nintendo being the game company that gives you different ways to play.. but Sony and Microsoft just need to stick with classic gameplay.

I'm so sick and tired of everyone copying Nintendo. I don't want some weird ass controller with shoulder buttons, four face buttons, analogue sticks, rumble, no cord, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"